Universal Tallowmere (by Chris McFarland)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 10, 2015.

1. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    It's out in Europe! Downloading it now for 3.99€

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Hoping for a U.S. release soon
    #

3. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    #23 Stevencarla, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    thanks for the quick reply, and the email as well. definitely one of the best on my phone.BTW, how many rooms are there all together ?

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #24 ColeDaddy, May 11, 2015
    Out in the U.S.! Hit your "Buy" buttons now!

Although the on-screen buttons work fine so far, I'm looking forward to the mfi supported version, too.

5. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Bought and Thank You to the dev for listening to request for MFi controller support. I also use a Steel Series Stratus controller.

6. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Sweet! Another awesome looking dungeon crawler.. Enchanted cave 2, LOG and now this.. ###

7. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I love it when games I have in the cart on steam end up getting real eased for mobile. I don't play games often with my laptop but always with my tablets. So this is awesome.... Waiting for sproggiwood. I didn't know this one was coming to tablet so it's Christmas! Eheeheeheheh. My ween is waiting for the fonz to slap that skin to play that tune yo

8. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    You guys were saying the text was small. But that was a huge understatement. It's eye straining to play on my 6 plus. Also the button scheme is crazy small too. I keep raising the shield instead of opening doors. Everything is just way too small!!!

I hear you saying your gonna fix it, but at its present state I can't recommend.

9. Stevencarla

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    #29 Stevencarla, May 11, 2015
    for the control on the rhs, you dont have to press accurately on the text" shield" to bring out the shield. the controls( shield, attack, jump, open) are divided into 4 areas on the right hand side. i dont quiet like the controls neither, but fine you'll get used to it after a few plays.

btw, i don't really get how the "wheel" stuff works , for example i have 2 dagger, but in the wheel it only shows the one iam using , and the new one was left behind in the inventory, is it possible to put 2 same type of weapons into the wheel? or it choose the best one automatically?

10. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Words can not explain how much I want this beautiful game. My credit is down to a little over a dollar now however so I will have to wait 10 days till I get paid to enjoy it.

11. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    It's pretty fun. It's got it's quirks. Text isn't to small on my iPad mini retina, well I got great eyes when it comes to seeing tiny stuff (har har I see the joke shut up). Anyway, it's pretty good, the first few levels are repetitive and it almost seems to easy but I bet that's gonna change. I love the random weapons. Pretty well done. I love reading what loot helps you with. You guys won't be disappointed in this. I was pretty shocked that you could infinijump though. Didn't see that cumming at all yo.

12. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    #32 zen_mode, May 11, 2015
    Please allow the game save the current state if it's booted from memory. At the moment it seems that all progress is lost if I force quit out of the game.

Edit: Scratch the above, it does indeed save progress, it just takes you back to the town where you need to go down the elevator again, which will take you to the last floor you were at (though i'm not sure if it's generated a new level or continuing what was already there).

Also, would be interested to know how many rooms there are total. I've gotten to 10 so far which seems to contain some sort of boss fight.

13. ChrisNZL

ChrisNZL Well-Known Member

May 10, 2015
    There's no limit to the number of rooms - up to you to see how far you can reach!

That's right, by default the wheel will replace inferior weapons with superior weapons as you acquire them. You can change this under Pause Menu > Options > Game Options > Auto-equip.

You can also manually assign weapons or potions that aren't on the wheel by equipping them first outside of the wheel (equip what you want via the main inventory screen (little character icon)), open the wheel, tap the green "Assign Item to Slot" button, then choose your desired slot. I don't use this much admittedly, as I've tried to design the whole loot collection to be rather automated so that you can spend more time running around and less time dealing with menus, but it's there if needed.

Is the green action button too high up on the 6 Plus? I can add an option to lower it a little. On my 5s, I think it's in a good position, and on the iPad versions I have it lowered down a bit. Might be time for me to buy a 6 Plus though!

From a design standpoint, porting this from the desktop version, there's a lot of actions, and without the tactile feel of buttons, fingers move out of position... So I've tried to keep the on-screen "buttons" rather generous in size, so that you can wildly jump/attack/block with quick repositioning of your thumb -- move thumb up to block, move thumb bottom-left to attack, and move thumb bottom-right to jump, without having to worry about positioning your thumb just so.

However, in the event that you're standing in front of a treasure chest but need to use your shield, in the event your thumb is slightly higher than usual, I'd rather keep the interaction button too high than too low, for a life-critical shield block that you missed because you opened the chest instead of raising your shield, would mean getting hit :(

I might see about making doors open automatically if you have a key, would mean one less button to press. I think looting chests still needs a button though. If the interact button was on the bottom-left of the screen, might interfere with your movement. Middle of the screen, rather awkward to reach across instead of up (especially on iPad)? Bottom-right of the screen would be too cramped... Top-right feels like the only place left I think.

A save file is automatically written every time you reach a new room, saving your gear, stats, and remembers which event rooms you've cleared, but the actual room layouts are not saved at this time.

If the app is forced quit or no longer in memory, the next time it starts up, you'll start in the home town with the gear and stats loaded from your save file, the elevator door will be open for you, and the elevator will take you to the room number you were up to. I'll see about adding a message saying your save file was loaded at least, as communicating this better should help.

Thanks~

14. Stevencarla

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    thanks , thats so cool, i just cant wait to see the fix for the font size ..LOL i dont mean to urge you , but normally how long does it take for the font problem to be updated?

15. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Downloaded this morning. Going to try and fit in a couple of games before going to work :D

16. Сипу

Сипу Active Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Very hard and awesome, love it!

17. skeletors helmet

Patreon Bronze

Dec 7, 2012
    Really liking this. The loot drops are really interesting and it's hard as nails. It does seem to be crushing my battery somewhat though. Is anybody else experiencing this? iPhone 5s on the latest os.

18. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Absolutely loving this. What a brilliant game only had three games of it so far. But early impressions from 5s controls work great and the text is fine for me, I do love a game with tons of items to collect and a rogue like dungeon dying system.
    Even this early in I think this will take a permenant place on my phone along with wazhack as my fav rogue/dungeon games.
    I'll try it out on my retina mini later on today as see how that goes too.

19. BadMrFrosty

BadMrFrosty Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
  20. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I ****ING LOVE THIS GAME.

That is all.