Universal Tallowmere 2 (by Chris McFarland)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 29, 2022.

1. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Does this game have an ending or is it a pure rogue like?

2. ChrisNZL

ChrisNZL Well-Known Member

May 10, 2015
    Currently in 0.3, the dungeon is "infinite" in theory – goal is to chase a high score of how many rooms you can clear, with death being the end. There is the aim to rescue all 9 kittens, but you can keep plundering further past that.

In upcoming 0.4, and future versions past that, I have different game modes planned, including episodic story modes with room limits and endings, rather than being limitless. Should breathe some life into the game once implemented :)

ste86uk and BlueTrin like this.
  3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @BlueTrin I believe currently it’s just endless no ending. But the dev was talking of adding bosses and a mode with an ending etc, someone else probably remembers better but it is on this thread where he mentioned it.

BlueTrin likes this.
  4. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    Is there some kind of permanent unlock? Aka rogue lite?

i reached room 15 but don’t think I had any permanent unlocks

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @BlueTrin I believe at the moment the only kind of permanent unlocks happen if you purchase the core supporters pack. Then you can unlock different starting characters to use with different stats and also unlock different starting weapons.

BlueTrin likes this.
  6. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    The game is quite fun, can’t wait for the next update

NomaD and ste86uk like this.
  7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    How does appsliced tell me it’s on sale from 1.99 to 99 when I’m sure it was free? With the iap unlock kind of.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    That’s…uhhh…Tallowmere, and not Tallowmere 2? :p

ChrisNZL likes this.
  9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @metalcasket doh….that’s what I get for reading things quickly and posting. I see the name and just instantly thought of this one.

ChrisNZL likes this.
  10. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Any news on when 0.4 is coming?
    Enjoying the game, but would like to get some permanent unlocks going…

(I’ve paid the IAP for this one already, unlocked all starting characters and some weapons - would love to see new stuff! )

11. ChrisNZL

May 10, 2015
    #71 ChrisNZL, Oct 25, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
    I am hoping to have 0.4 coincide with the Nintendo Switch launch. Time estimates are not my forté. Hoping for Q1 or Q2 2023. Do bear in mind I was hoping for the Switch release some time in 2022, but the mobile version took much longer than anticipated.

Switch version is coming along (really it's just making sure the file system and online features work... not too much to do in theory, but still requires implementing the Switch API properly).

Once the Switch version is added to my build flow, there shouldn't be many technical hurdles as I get back to creating content.

Personally, not sure where adding full touchscreen button customisation weighs up within all this. Content, options, features, bug fixes... What's critical, what's nice-to-have, what should come next, what should be added later... Switch version and Kitten Collect-a-thon are high on the list for 0.4, but don't want to neglect other things either >_<

I'm anticipating more weapons and unlocks will come in 0.5 with the first proper boss... Sometime in 2023 I hope!

ste86uk likes this.
  12. ChrisNZL

May 10, 2015
    0.3.7 has been released on iOS today.

For Google Play, waiting for Google to approve it.

Main attraction is fixing a critical cloud sync issue, and some performance improvements.
    Full 0.3.7 changelog here.

13. ChrisNZL

May 10, 2015
    Pushed 0.3.7d and 0.3.7e to both iOS and Google Play today.
    Been about a month since the previous update.
    Lots of fixes and performance improvements.

Still paving the way for the Nintendo Switch build and Kitten Collect-a-thon mode. Is tough having to juggle priorities between errors, crashes, nice-to-haves, content... So many things on the list :) Also really wish Android had a decent gamepad API like iOS >_<

https://tallowmere2.com/changelog/0.3.7d

Still want to add more touchscreen customization, but also really trying to focus on getting the Switch version out the door. Marching forwards as always...

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  14. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    The only iAP "Core Supporter Pack" is on sale at the moment, grab it if you are interested.

decript and naghihimutuc like this.
  15. ChrisNZL

May 10, 2015
    Version 0.4 is now live on iOS and Google Play.

[​IMG]

Changelog:

16. Sagar Asthana

Sagar Asthana Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    Dang this game is amazing! Love every bit of it!
    It's a major improvement over the 1st one in each and every aspect. Been playing on an Android continuously and i still haven't gotten bored of it! Great job @ChrisNZL

decript and ste86uk like this.
  17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Sagar Asthana I haven’t played this in a little while but it is a great game. May have to start playing it again!

I never got bored of it but sometimes you get distracted by other games coming out all the time and forget others. I wish there was time for them all!

Sagar Asthana and decript like this.
  18. Sagar Asthana

Sagar Asthana Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    This is so true man!
    I mean like literally there are so many games out there! It's hard to play all of them.
    But this is one game, no matter how many times you get back to, it remains top tier fun!

ste86uk likes this.