Universal Talisman (by Nomad Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 30, 2014.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I thought I had an issue but managed to stumble onto a solution.

I have a Season Pass on Steam, and since both my Steam and iOS accounts are linked to my 1 Asmodee account I had assumed the Woodsman would show up as purchased in both versions. While he showed up immediately as purchased in Stean, as expected, he was not purchased in iOS.

However, after logging out and reloggining into my Asmodee account on both systems, the situation repaired itself. I probably only had to relogin to 1 of these accounts but, to be honest, I'm not sure which 1 and at least this bit of overkill corrected the matter.

2. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #462 Son of Anarchy, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Asmodee now have quite a large catalogue of 'acquired' games from other developers & publishers. Most of us here probably own nearly all of them (I know I do). Of all the games that have made the transition to Asmodee, this is the only one that I have a problem with.

Which says a lot about Asmodee, because all the rest made the transition gracefully with all in app purchases intact and all purchases still tied to our Apple account. I was very impressed.

The Nomad games have made the transition to Asmodee with a lot less grace. I wish they would've just done the same as say, Ticket to Ride or Ascension and kept same app. Now we have to muck around with a totally different app with all purchases connected to an Asmodee account. And if you open the app with no internet connection one day, all iap's disappear. I pretty much have to log in to my account twice each time I want to play Talisman.

It's not enough to turn me off Asmodee at all, (I love how they've grown) but it definitely could've been handled a little better in my opinion. And I won't get started about Fighting Fantasy Legends... I bought it not long ago, that version is now gone, a new one is out under Asmodee and it shows $7.99 au... not quite sure why they treated the Nomad games differently than the others.

3. jaxon58

jaxon58 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Unfortunately, Apple does not let apps be transferred between publishers if they have ever had iCloud in them. This is to protect the customers from their cloud data changing hands. As Talisman has had iCloud saving in the past, we couldn't simply transfer it over to Asmodee. The only way around this was to create a new version of the game and try to migrate everyone over to it. Neither us nor Asmodee thought that this was the best approach, but the best approach wasn't technically possible. As for Fighting Fantasy, the same problem applies with regards to iCloud, but in this case there are no in-app purchases to transfer over, so there is no reason for owners of the original version to have the new one.

4. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Hi all,

The Deep Realms expansion has been added to the game, and it's FREE for everyone!
    This expansion sits in the small gap between the City and Dungeon expansions and allows quick travel between them. You need the City and Dungeon expansions switched on in order to use the Deep Realms.
    Enjoy!

5. jaxon58

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Hot on the heels of the Deep Realms expansion release, we have now released The Woodland expansion!

That pesky hole in the bottom-right corner has finally been filled in!

athros likes this.
  6. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Aaaannnnd bought.

7. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #467 JasonLL, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    I press on the purchase button for the woodland expansion and nothing happens. Also the woodsman character (didn’t buy yet) is invisible in the my collection list.

Edit:
    Reinstalled and the woodsman character shows up but still unable to purchase anything with the asmodee version of Talisman. I keep getting a product restore failure message with every fresh reboot of the game.

8. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Late to the party here... I just realized that Talisman is now owned by the other company and don’t really feel like I should have to pay $5for it again. I spent a crap ton on this game.

9. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    All of your IAP will transfer over to the new app if you make an Asmodee account on the old app (with all the purchases restored!), link the account to your purchases, open the new app and log into your Asmodee account.

10. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    How do you “link the account to your purchases”? Apparently I didn’t do it because I created the account signed in and still no purchases showing up

11. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    You have to load up the old app first.

Once it’s loaded up, restore purchases to get the IAP showing “Purchased”. Then log into/create an asmodee account from inside that app. It should pop up a message saying “Link your asmodee account for all purchases” or some such.

Once it’s linked, delete the new app and redownload it from the App Store. Then log into that asmodee account and it should pick up the IAP you’ve previously purchased.

Those were the steps I took. If that doesn’t work, put in a support ticket with Nomad and they should get you sorted out.

12. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    So if i own the Nomad Talisman version, now i have to re-buy the Asmodee one?

13. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    No. Open the Nomad version, and create/link an Asmodee account. Once that's done, download the Asmodee version of Talisman and link your account there. It should then pull in all of the expansions you've purchased.

14. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    I do that and when the game redirects me to the Appstore, the Asmodee version costs 4 dollars.

15. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Oh. Sorry, I misread!

Yes, you have to rebuy the base game. That's the one thing they didn't give away for free.

The expansions/characters you will not have to repurchase.

16. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Amsterdam
    Is it just me or do all the new sound effects just plain suck...

17. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    I never had to repurchase anything. Had some trouble linking accounts when it first came out, but since then, all is good.

18. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I’ve had probably every possible issue with the Nomad / Asmodee transfer including purchase issues but I got to give them credit, all of the issues I had were fixed over time or much better than before. While initially upset I just played the waiting game since Nomad was actively updating their game (which is always a good sign).

I reinstalled Talisman a couple months ago and everything I purchased was there. Just in time to buy the Cataclysm expansion :p, which I was looking forward to and picked up their latest digital only expansion.

19. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Has anyone had issues buying the Ancient Beasts expansion? I keep getting “product code invalid” when I press the purchase button. Restarted my iPad and checked my connection and both were fine.

20. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    It seems to happen with every newly added Talisman expansion, and usually fixes itself within 24hrs.