Universal Talisman (by Nomad Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 30, 2014.

1. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    One feature I would really like to see is a “double deck” check mark for each expansion. Let’s say I want to see more Werewolf expansion cards, I would check the double deck box beside the werewolf expansion name and leave all the rest of the double deck check marks empty. That would give much greater customization (tons of deck size combinations) for people who like to play with everything on.

2. jaxon58

jaxon58 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Game Developer
    Warrington, UK
    Cross-platform in-app purchase linking has been added in the latest update!

You can now access any expansions or characters you have purchased across PC/Mac (Steam), Android (Google Play Store) and iOS (App Store).

3. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Hmm. That might actually make a difference to me in a few months' time. iOS is just too fragile an ecosystem, but I'd hate to lose the entirety of my Talisman collection. I've definitely spent more on this game than on any other in my library...

4. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Whatever new version that just dropped (Talisman Free/Lite) doesn't recognize any of my IAP's that I bought in the original app, so beware.

5. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Same problem here. Oddly, it recognizes some but not others.

6. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Same problem down here. Thankfully, I still have the old version installed.

7. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I get the need to change the app due to different publisher and all but sort of bugs me to see "Talisman Free" under the app icon.

8. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    Same and same. Maybe it's a bug on their end, and they can fix it without needing to push an update?

9. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I've conversing back and forth with the Nomad Games tech support for nearly two weeks now with this same issue. We've been trying to get my iOS and Steam purchases to sync using the new Asmodee account, to no success. Now this new Asmodee-released version is also not recognizing my purchases.

I'll post as soon as I hear any solution.

10. Patjelol

Patjelol Active Member

Jun 22, 2017
    #410 Patjelol, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    With the new free app I'm considering getting this. Been looking at it for a while, but all the expansions and stuff did put me off a bit.

So I've got a few questions I hope I can get answered before tonight (it's around 11 in the morning over here), so I might spend my weekend playing this. I'm interested in expanding it in the (near) future.

- How big is the app actually when installed (with or withour expansions). I'm getting a bit short on memory, so I might need to uninstall something. Not that important, but I do like to know.
    - I won't be playing with them from the start (obviously), but what expansions are a must and which should I avoid? I know the Nether Realms is best left till later, as it is advanced. As a note, I expect to have them all in the end.
    - I noticed on Steam that you can get characters seperately. Am I correct in assuming these are characters not found in the expansions? Are they also an IAP on IOS?
    - How does it play on the Ipad? Compared to Steam?
    - Is it better to get it first on Steam and then IOS?

Thanks in advance.

11. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    #411 Lurchroboter, Mar 2, 2018
    Is this a joke? The new app only recognizes 1 of my iaps. I had bought all of them in the old app. Followed the process of registering both apps with my new asmodee account to the word, but still all my purchases are gone....hope they fix this really (!) soon.

Edit: just contacted the support. Will report back once I hear from them.

12. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I had this exact same problem and have also contacted support. I suspect it's some kind of bug.

13. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

Same goes for me except they gave me most of my purchased characters (missing one). I’m keeping my old app for now until everything is fixed. Hopefully they are able to resolve it. I don’t plan on repurchasing anything

14. Lurchroboter

Sep 15, 2016
    So...this is what I got back in full text..are they not even aware of the issue? Glad you others also reached out. I am not one to nag, but this is seriously peepeeing me off...

——————————

Sorry to hear that you're having problems transferring your content! Could you please perform the following steps to make sure the DLC transfer has occurred:

1. Sign in to Talisman 'Legacy'
    2. Create an Asmodee account or sign in to your Asmodee account (please ensure you have verified this account through confirmation email)
    3. A new message will appear asking you to link your purchases to your Asmodee account, please accept this.
    >If this message doesn't appear, go to My Collection and press Restore Purchases. This will prompt step 3.
    4. Launch Talisman Lite.
    5. Sign in to your Asmodee account.
    6. A new message will appear asking you to link your purchases to your Asmodee account, please accept this.
    >If this message doesn't appear, go to My Collection and press Restore Purchases. This will prompt step 6.

Once you have completed the above all of your content should be available for you to use.

If you are still having issues with accessing your purchased content beyond this then the most helpful information we can get is what is listed in your X-IAP on both apps.

Could you launch Talisman Legacy, link your content (following above steps), go to your Asmodee account, go to X-IAP, give it a few seconds, print screen the data and then include the screenshot in your response?

Could you then repeat this for Talisman Lite?

Again, I apologise for the issues that you are experiencing and I assure you that this is a priority issue that we are looking to resolve as quickly as possible,

Best regards,

15. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    #415 PBSNellie, Mar 2, 2018
    I sent those exact screen shots with my message, hopefully I will hear from them soon.
    Edited: I got the same message you did, re-sent my screen shots.

16. Lurchroboter

Sep 15, 2016
    I sent in screenshots, too. Heres to hoping! Guess we will have to sit out the weekend though.

17. korossyl

Oct 10, 2013
    It's actually somewhat variable; I have all expansions but one installed, and it takes up a measly 75 megs on my iPhone. But -- there are higher quality graphics which I could choose to download, and that's a package that's an additional ~270 megs. I did download once before on another device, and didn't really see a difference, so I'm not bothering now. But I imagine there would be a more noticeable difference on an iPad.

That's mostly up to you! Talisman has two types of expansions: "small box," which add cards only (characters, enemies, items, events, endings etc.), and "big box," which actually add sections to the board, making the "world" bigger. The "big box" ones (that are out so far) are the Dungeon, the Highlands, and the City; of those, the City's my favorite, but it also changes the way the game is played significantly, so you might want to hold off. The "small box" expansions are all the rest; regarding them, I feel that they got more and more intense in changing the game experience as time went on -- so the Reaper, Frostmarch, and Sacred Pool really just add variety, while Blood Moon, Firelands, Dragon, and Harbinger really give you a different game. The Nether Lands is kind of a special case; it's the only expansion I don't have, and it seems to me that it just makes the game kinda sadistic.

Yes and yes.

I don't have the Steam, but I have played it on iPad, and I had no complaints at all. It IS a big squashed on iPhone, but playable even on that, so iPad seems to me to be just right.

I hope that helps!

18. Patjelol

Patjelol Active Member

Jun 22, 2017
    It does help, much appreciated.

I play on a Ipad Mini 2, so I'll try it with and without the high-res data.
    Regarding expansions, I'll add them later. Will be looking for variety first (Reaper just sounds fun) and then for extra sections. The real gamechangers will be for later. Good to know, thanks!

As I said, much appreciated. :)

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Can someone fill me in here. What happened to the old Talisman in the store? I have the blue icon one on my phone. Seems that version has disappeared from the store and they have replaced it with a "Lite" version. Are we all now forced to get that one now or have no further support on the old premium version?

20. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

seems to be pulled but it's still available in the purchased list... bad move though, has a lot of DLCs!