Universal Tales of Monkey Island Ep. 1-5 (by Telltale Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Link to the full season bundle: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app-bundle/id1555138298?mt=8

Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tales-of-monkey-island-ep-1/id474032269

Tales of Monkey Island Ep 1

LCG Entertainment, Inc.
    Start your adventure! EPISODE 1: LAUNCH OF THE SCREAMING NARWHAL While stripping the evil pirate LeChuck of his demonic…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Start your adventure! EPISODE 1: LAUNCH OF THE SCREAMING NARWHAL While stripping the evil pirate LeChuck of his demonic mojo, Guybrush Threepwood inadvertently infects the entire Caribbean with his arch-fiend's voodoo. Guybrush must stop a mysterious pox that’s transforming buccaneers into unruly pirate monsters! * First part of a five-episode saga with an intriguing storyline that becomes deeper and more entangled as it unfolds * Series favorites Guybrush, LeChuck, Elaine, Stan, and the Voodoo Lady are joined by a new cast of characters * Streamlined adventure gameplay with all the humor, romance, and swashbuckling excitement that made the franchise famous Useful control tips: * Two-finger touch to view selectable items on screen * Double-tap to skip dialog "Rich in humor, character, puzzles, and reverence to its forerunners, this is the ultimate adventure game for Monkey Island fans." -TouchArcade "Confident continuation of the franchise..." -PocketGamer "Looks great and sounds even better; good puzzle variety; witty dialogue…" -SlideToPlay ____________________________________________ NOTE: This app is compatible with an iPhone 3GS or third generation equivalent iPod or later. Gift this App: Click the arrow next to “Buy App” on the iTunes® App Store. MORE GREAT ADVENTURES BY TELLTALE GAMES: Batman: The Telltale Series Batman: The Enemy Within The Wolf Among us Puzzle Agent Never miss out on great deals, news and updates. Visit us at… TelltaleGames.com facebook.com/TelltaleGames twitter.com/TelltaleGames youtube.com/TelltaleGames
    Information
    Seller:LCG Entertainment, Inc.
    Genre:Adventure, Puzzle
    Release:Nov 04, 2011
    Updated:Apr 29, 2021
    Version:1.4
    Size:349.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tales-of-monkey-island-ep-2/id474032836

Tales of Monkey Island Ep 2

LCG Entertainment, Inc.
    Start your adventure! EPISODE 2: THE SIEGE OF SPINNER CAY Guybrush's adventures continue on the high seas as pox-plague…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Start your adventure! EPISODE 2: THE SIEGE OF SPINNER CAY Guybrush's adventures continue on the high seas as pox-plagued pirates lay siege to the innocent Mer-People. In between defending and dodging the persistent pirate hunter hot on his trail, Guybrush manages to catch up to his beloved wife and despised arch-nemesis -- but their reunion is short-lived. Now Guybrush must focus on eradicating the Pox of LeChuck before more harm can be done. And as the Mighty Pirate draws closer to a cure, the waters will only grow murkier in this thrilling chapter of the epic saga. * The second part of a five-episode saga with an intriguing storyline that becomes deeper and more entangled as it unfolds * Series favorites Guybrush, LeChuck, Elaine, Stan, and the Voodoo Lady are joined by a new cast of characters * Streamlined adventure gameplay with all the humor, romance, and swashbuckling excitement that made the franchise famous "Rich in humor, character, puzzles, and reverence to its forerunners, this is the ultimate adventure game for Monkey Island fans." -TouchArcade "Confident continuation of the franchise..." -PocketGamer "Looks great and sounds even better; good puzzle variety; witty dialogue…" -SlideToPlay Useful control tips: * Two-finger touch to view selectable items on screen * Double-tap to skip dialog NOTE: This app is compatible with an iPhone 3GS or third generation equivalent iPod or later. _____________________________________________ MORE GREAT ADVENTURES BY TELLTALE GAMES: Batman: The Telltale Series Batman: The Enemy Within The Wolf Among us Puzzle Agent Gift this App: Click the arrow next to “Buy App” on the iTunes® App Store. Never miss out on great deals, news and updates. Visit us at… TelltaleGames.com facebook.com/TelltaleGames twitter.com/TelltaleGames youtube.com/TelltaleGames
    Information
    Release:Dec 15, 2011
    Version:1.3
    Size:334.1 MB
    User Rating:Unrated

Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tales-of-monkey-island-ep-3/id474038983

Tales of Monkey Island Ep 3

LCG Entertainment, Inc.
    Start your adventure! EPISODE 3: LAIR OF THE LEVIATHAN Guybrush gets in deep (literally!) as his quest for the voodoo e…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Start your adventure! EPISODE 3: LAIR OF THE LEVIATHAN Guybrush gets in deep (literally!) as his quest for the voodoo exfoliating La Esponja Grande takes a scenic twist -- through the guts of a giant manatee! Trapped in the belly of the beast, our hero encounters a surprising band of castaways, including the long-lost (and obsessive-compulsive) explorer Coronado De Cava. Can the Mighty Pirate win the suspicious De Cava's trust? Will femme fatale pirate hunter Morgan LeFlay prove to be a ruthless enemy, or an unlikely ally? Will the group find La Esponja Grande in time to save Elaine from the rampant Pox of LeChuck? And will the world be crushed by the gnashing teeth of a certain demonic skull? * The third part of a five-episode saga with an intriguing storyline that becomes deeper and more entangled as it unfolds * Series favorites Guybrush, LeChuck, Elaine, Stan, and the Voodoo Lady are joined by a new cast of characters * Streamlined adventure gameplay with all the humor, romance, and swashbuckling excitement that made the franchise famous Useful control tips: * Two-finger touch to view selectable items on screen * Double-tap to skip dialog "Rich in humor, character, puzzles, and reverence to its forerunners, this is the ultimate adventure game for Monkey Island fans." -TouchArcade "Confident continuation of the franchise..." -PocketGamer "Looks great and sounds even better; good puzzle variety; witty dialogue…" -SlideToPlay _____________________________________________ MORE GREAT ADVENTURES BY TELLTALE GAMES: Batman: The Telltale Series Batman: The Enemy Within The Wolf Among us Puzzle Agent Gift this App: Click the arrow next to “Buy App” on the iTunes® App Store. Never miss out on great deals, news and updates. Visit us at… TelltaleGames.com facebook.com/TelltaleGames twitter.com/TelltaleGames youtube.com/TelltaleGames
    Information
    Release:Dec 22, 2011
    Size:376.7 MB

Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tales-of-monkey-island-ep-4/id474040163

Tales of Monkey Island Ep 4

LCG Entertainment, Inc.
    Start your adventure! EPISODE 4: THE TRIAL AND EXECUTION OF GUYBRUSH THREEPWOOD Guybrush returns to Flotsam Island, bu…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Start your adventure! EPISODE 4: THE TRIAL AND EXECUTION OF GUYBRUSH THREEPWOOD Guybrush returns to Flotsam Island, but forget about a hero's welcome. Handed over to De Singe by the backstabbing Morgan LeFlay, Guybrush is seized by an angry mob and put on trial! With a silk-tongued prosecutor in his face and a hangman's noose dangling over his neck, Guybrush must figure out how to defend himself against grave accusations. * The fourth part of a five-episode saga with an intriguing storyline that becomes deeper and more entangled as it unfolds * Series favorites Guybrush, LeChuck, Elaine, Stan, and the Voodoo Lady are joined by a new cast of characters * Streamlined adventure gameplay with all the humor, romance, and swashbuckling excitement that made the franchise famous Useful control tips: * Two-finger touch to view selectable items on screen * Double-tap to skip dialog "Rich in humor, character, puzzles, and reverence to its forerunners, this is the ultimate adventure game for Monkey Island fans." -TouchArcade "Confident continuation of the franchise..." -PocketGamer "Looks great and sounds even better; good puzzle variety; witty dialogue…" -SlideToPlay _____________________________________________ MORE GREAT ADVENTURES BY TELLTALE GAMES: Batman: The Telltale Series Batman: The Enemy Within The Wolf Among us Puzzle Agent Gift this App: Click the arrow next to “Buy App” on the iTunes® App Store. Never miss out on great deals, news and updates. Visit us at… TelltaleGames.com facebook.com/TelltaleGames twitter.com/TelltaleGames youtube.com/TelltaleGames ***Full Retina Graphic Support on 4S devices!*** NOTE: This app is compatible with an iPhone 3GS or third generation equivalent iPod or later.
    Information
    Release:Feb 09, 2012
    Size:454.1 MB

Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tales-of-monkey-island-ep-5/id474040734

Tales of Monkey Island Ep 5

LCG Entertainment, Inc.
    Start your adventure! EPISODE 5: RISE OF THE PIRATE GOD Our piratey heroes meet their ultimate match with the Rise of t…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Start your adventure! EPISODE 5: RISE OF THE PIRATE GOD Our piratey heroes meet their ultimate match with the Rise of the Pirate God. Can the world of Monkey Island be saved? Find out as the Tales of Monkey Island saga comes to its thrilling conclusion. * The last part in a five-episode saga with an intriguing storyline that becomes deeper and more entangled as it unfolds * Series favorites Guybrush, LeChuck, Elaine, Stan, and the Voodoo Lady are joined by a new cast of characters * Streamlined adventure gameplay with all the humor, romance, and swashbuckling excitement that made the franchise famous Useful control tips: * Two-finger touch to view selectable items on screen * Double-tap to skip dialog "Rich in humor, character, puzzles, and reverence to its forerunners, this is the ultimate adventure game for Monkey Island fans." -TouchArcade "Confident continuation of the franchise..." -PocketGamer "Looks great and sounds even better; good puzzle variety; witty dialogue…" -SlideToPlay _____________________________________________ MORE GREAT ADVENTURES BY TELLTALE GAMES: Batman: The Telltale Series Batman: The Enemy Within The Wolf Among us Puzzle Agent Gift this App: Click the arrow next to “Buy App” on the iTunes® App Store. Never miss out on great deals, news and updates. Visit us at… TelltaleGames.com facebook.com/TelltaleGames twitter.com/TelltaleGames youtube.com/TelltaleGames ***Full Retina Graphic Support on 4S devices!*** NOTE: This app is compatible with an iPhone 3GS or third generation equivalent iPod or later.
    Information
    Release:Feb 23, 2012
    Size:434.7 MB

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  2. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Rather than digging up all the old threads for each episode I thought we could just start fresh with one single discussion for the entire series.

Anyway, these are now back after disappearing when Telltale went belly up (or did they get pulled during the 32-bit appocalypse? I can't remember).

These are the original iPHONE versions which were later made Universal, so if you owned these way back when you can update to these new versions for free. If you owned the very first releases of these games which were iPad only, those are still gone and you'll have to repurchase these newer releases.

I haven't checked myself yet if there are any enhancements like fullscreen support, or if they're just the same games they were almost a decade ago, but either way it's nice to have these back.

Collin likes this.
  3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    No fullscreen support, through they’re iPhone X aware (you don’t see battery levels, etc). No issue on my iPhone 12.

On perhaps more exciting news, the Batman games and the Wolf Among Us are also back, with all chapters available for purchase. They were gone, too, right?

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah pretty sure everything was gone, but I believe the Batmans and Wolf returned last year and it just kind of went under the radar.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I remember trying and failing to pick up the other chapters of Batman Enemy Within fairly recently, but you may be right — I can’t measure time during the pandemic.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    What I would give to have the special editions of Secret and LeChuck's Revenge back. I literally, LITERALLY bought my first iDevice for those ports.

andsoitgoes likes this.
  7. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
  8. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    sadly nothing about Back to the Future series, i liked them back in the days.

9. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

AMEN! I feel the same way. I’m so mad those games are still gone. I had some tiny hope when I saw this. I mean these games are fine… but they don’t hold a candle to LOOM.

metalcasket likes this.
  10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    For what it's worth, I loved Telltale's storytelling/adventure game hybrids, but these Monkey Island games were peak Telltale, IMO.

andsoitgoes likes this.
  11. neilcb

neilcb New Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 14, 2010
    physician
    Pennsylvania
    Please consider remastered Monkey Island games Lucasarts! My favorite of all time!!

12. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Is this episodic point and click what’s the gameplay like

13. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    They need to bring back the Hector series those were awesome

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

It's just SO hard to hold that up against the original MI games. The first 2 were absolute perfection and defined the series, they took all that was great about KQ and the like and went "THIS Is how you streamline this also ASK ME ABOUT LOOM"

God, so good. I love Telltale but without Gilbert at the helm, there was always something missing. I liked the Telltale series but I never LOVED it, I think I'm just too attached to the originals. Maybe same reason I like FF3/6 and not any of the later games. Just something simple and perfect....