Universal Tales from the Borderlands (by Telltale Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Dec 11, 2014.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Heading out for my dad's birthday and then I've got my heart set on playing through the whole thing later on as I'd rather do it in one sitting so I'm looking forward to that.

So many games to play and even still have GoT to play through which my fiancée already did on my iPad but I'd rather do Borderlands first with the time I've got. So many games I'm playing right now though it's so hard to decide what to do when I get time.

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    With only one episode out I can't say that this is better than any of those, but it's damn well worth buying.

3. Zaroff

Zaroff Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Personally I found it better than GoT. More entertaining, better story and characters, etc.

4. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Enjoying this immensely. 5/5 from me.

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Amazing! Just played through it all plus some sections more than once as I rewound it. Very very good and am very happy with it, it's just like I hoped it would be being Borderlands. Highly recommend it and will definitely play through again before the next chapter.

6. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Just finished the first episode, I forgot how good telltale games are, I have not played one in a while. I have not played one actually since "Back to the Future" and "Jurassic Park"

7. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #87 worldcitizen1919, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    Just finished it. Not happy at all because it was so good I want more now. Guess I'll have to wait. The characters are so well done that you feel they're real. Voice acting superb. Everything superb. 100/5

Apple must make a law that games as good as this must release all chapters immediately.

8. JMan121314

Apr 9, 2014
    Haha I am almost inclined to agree... They really did the story and characters well. I was very excited for chapter 2.

5 bucks really was nothing you can just see their games are quality. My only problems I don't have the cash for season pass right now lol

9. chriscambell

chriscambell Member

Feb 12, 2013
    I bought this expecting to be disappointed. I've not had the best history with telltale games working on my iOS devices. This one blew me away though. Killer story and fantastic characters all executed very well. I've not had a single bug or gameplay stutter in two trips through the first episode.

My only complaint is that the other episodes aren't out yet and I need them!!!

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Not meaning to sound cheap as I loved the first episode but do the season passes ever go on sale such as at Christmas? I don't want to buy it now and then in a few weeks before the next episode is even out that it drops in price for a sale.

11. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    There's no way that the season pass will go on sale. The whole point of the pass is that it's already a saving on buying the episodes individually.

12. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Also, the game quality is easily worth the $15, great game, by far better than TWAU and TWD (In my opinion) just for the superb sense of humor.

13. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    They do regularly on PC and Console, never watched on iOS that closely.

14. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    5 dollars isn't much until you count how many times you've spent 5 dollars...

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That's very true I'm noticing that this month! Still this was well worth it.

16. JMan121314

Apr 9, 2014
    The thing on iOS is 5 dollars can be completely different depending on what you buy. Some games (especially freemium) it feels like a rip off, you hardly get much for some stupid gems. Other games are just not good quality. But when you buy a game like this and you can see the quality it is totally worth it.

17. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    I Am just wondering
    After I have play both the first episode of the walking dead sexy, and wolf emong us. I kind feel like there was a lot of repetitions, is that game worthy?
    If it's for the story, I can just get on YouTube and watch, how is choice affecting the player?
    Is there any shoot out sequences, even an on rail shooter??

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    These are like an interactive book. Save $5 (!) if you want and watch it on youtube but damn how cheap can you get !

You're given lots of decisions along the way which affect the way the game plays. You moan about freemium for the casual market but if we all just watched youtube videos of games like this (!!) then it'll be another company going out of business. Support premium games or dont. This is a quality game, support it

19. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Pro Tip - save money on games by watching other people playing them on YouTube for free. ;)

20. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week Poll

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tales from the Borderlands was successfully nominated for inclusion in Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week poll with voting to occur over the next three days:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=250424

Developers may not vote for their own game or solicit votes. Only participants with a pre-existing and active Touch Arcade account will be counted.