Universal Tales from the Borderlands (by Telltale Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Dec 11, 2014.

1. BackupHero

BackupHero Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Jade City, BC, Canada
    In certain points. It is a Telltale game, so it's pretty character/story based overall. Action does happen, but you don't get the degree of freedom you'd find in other games. That's not to say the action isn't good, it is.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I always just think what else could you do for 3 hours for £2.99? Pretty much nothing at all.

I just hope having the air 2 maybe the stutters are gone, as they ruined the wolf amoung us a little.

3. RomanReigns

RomanReigns Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    is this game worth buying? i never bought any telltale game just because the genre doesnt suit me but on other side,im huge borderlands fan..

4. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Actually it's more like a 4s not a 5. But yeah if it's not listed as a compatible device then I would not suggest buying it. And even though the iPod 5 is the latest version it's still 2-3 year old technology.

5. Zaroff

Zaroff Member

Dec 1, 2014
    IPad mini 1 or 2?

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    What do you mean what the hell? It's a different game. Its not listed as a compatible device and you're surprised it doesn't work well ? Seriously ?

An iPod touch 5 is not the same as an iPhone 5!

7. JMan121314

JMan121314 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    iPod 5th gen has an A5 processor - iPhone 5 has an A6 processor I believe...

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, apart from Lara Croft getting a modern update, Oceanhorn getting its fancy iPhone 6/iPad Air 2 update and Papers, Please being hours (quite a few to go, actually) away from release...Katatak, Tales from the Borderlands, Highrise Heroes and Sneaky Sneaky are all instant classics. IMO...an "INSANE" week.

9. Zaroff

Zaroff Member

Dec 1, 2014
    FWIW I confirm the game behaves very well on iPad mini 2. Much, much better than GoT. No comparison.

10. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Man, this game is great! So funny, great characters, great story, great universe, great sense of humor... And it adds new elements do Telltale's formula with the money/DLC thing. It's like a game inside the game.

Killing, stealing and lying is finally fun on a Telltale game! And finally a longer episode too! I feel I've played a whole movie instead of only a piece of something. Enjoyed maybe even more than Wolf Among Us' first episode.

And I had no problems at all on iPad 3. The graphics look a little bit inferior compared to the last games, but the framerate is way better.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'd say just buy it! I mean the price isn't really much in the real world.

I love Borderlands and have played them all to completion with my fiancée even the new one and the poor ios game we got. Even if your not keen on telltale I'd say if you like Borderlands that much this will make the difference for you as its something you know and something your interested in.

When I play them I feel like it's an interactive movie and if you play through again you can see changes in how things go based on the decisions you make.

12. RomanReigns

RomanReigns Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    #72 RomanReigns, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014

Thanks for helping me make decision my friend..im buying it right now based on your opinion :) this is what TA community is all about,so friendly and always help one way or another..love this community :D

13. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    This starts out really strong and has some excellent humour, giving a different perspective on Pandora that isn't present in the original series with your large arsenal of weapons to fall back on. I enjoyed it but that did taper off towards the end for me a bit, looking forward to more but hopefully they can keep momentum.

14. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    They're both good for very different reasons, I felt this started off stronger than game of thrones, but game of thrones ramped up and ended stronger. Both worthwhile grabbing.

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well its been interesting for me as i've never played a Borderlands game before, loved the visuals i see on adverts/trailers etc so i'm all 'new' to it

Anyway so i bought this, must admit the first part of the game i found quite boring, i kept playing so i could quit and it would save my progress. But so far its been pretty dull, i am sure it'll get better though.

I bought the game as i've got an ipad3 but made space for it to try on my iphone 4s. It surprisingly works, there is some repeat/stutter on a few bits of audio. When i tried to play it again it kept crashing at the start, closing down apps worked as i got to play the first part of the game.

I'm sure it'll improve, to me a boring start to the story but from what i've seen in the trailer i should get to the 'better' parts soon

16. ferolac

ferolac Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    running super smooth on ipad mini 2 :)

17. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  18. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I'm really impressed with this first episode. I think there is a case to be made that this is the strongest first episode of a Telltale game as of yet. Granted I can't say that with 100% certainty, since I haven't played all the Telltale games out there. I liked this even over the first episode of TWAU, which is my current telltale favorite. If they keep the quality up, I might even prefer this over TWAU.

19. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I agree, I thought TWAU was excellent, and this is even better. I've bought the season pass and look forward to the next episode.

20. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I enjoyed this episode greatly!
    Not much regarding puzzles(none) or rather limited QAs here and there but that's perfect for me as I'm not a real gamer^^ feels more like enjoying a good movie!