Universal Tainted Keep (by Ravn Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Nov 21, 2014.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    This is a very well made game.
    Not a RPG but more like an action adventure game.
    Automap works fine, which is really handy as you could easily get lost otherwise. There is quite a bit of backtracking when you find keys/spells that allow access to areas you could not enter before. I didn't mind the backtracking at all as fighting enemies gives you skull spirits to level up your weapons, and like I said the automap works fine.

Game saves your position when you exit it, I give the devs ten outa ten for that!
    Very stable - no crashes.
    Looks gorgeous on the big iPad Pro.
    One downside is that the storyline is almost non existant, but still the game is guite fun to play.
    Deserves more attention.
    Well done developers!

2. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I've owned this for the longest time, and every time I've tried to get into it something stops me. Normally it's the combat because I go in hard and get cut down immediately... then my patience runs out and I delete it again. But for some reason I tried it again today & it finally clicked with me. I had enough patience to stick with it and learn the fighting and then my sword levelled up, then I found the staff and a few spells and now I'm hooked, finally! I knew there was a good game here all along and I just needed to chill and give it a proper chance.

Not sure if anyone else has had a similar experience with the game, I just wanted to put another voice behind it to say that this is a really cool old school, premium action adventure game that deserves to be played. And I'm glad I was finally able to click with it.

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #63 Nullzone, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Now this is weird, I cannot remember it at all. But my Appstore just tells me to redownload, so I must have played it before.
    @Anarchy: Thanks for bringing this back up from the depths of TA, will give it another twirl.

UPDATE: Just saw the map and remembered playing it immediately. Yes, this was a good game; odd it faded from surface memory completely and needed the map to trigger a recall.
    Anyways, for the benefit of anyone else reading this: definitely recommended by yours truly ;)