Universal Tainted Keep (by Ravn Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Nov 21, 2014.

1. aeschylus72

aeschylus72 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Hey

thx for that, it worked :) never knew you needed to do that...tablets seem to be one thing that never gets a reboot

thankyou

2. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    #42 geno11233, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    Downloaded it and wow it looks and controls great! I may be a little sexist, but I really do not like playing as a girl in brutal combat games.. :/ other then that I would have loved the game.

Don't change anything up just because one person (me) says that about the girl lol

Really great job though devs.

3. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #43 worldcitizen1919, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    Is this an actual game or a tech demo because it has benchmarks included?
    Also I looked for a price and apparently it's free. Can you find stuff and use spells? I played around with it for a short while but loved it however trying to figure out if there's an inventory or things like that.

Also, if this is a fully fledged game there's no way I can accept it for free. If it's just a tech demo I can accept it free.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Keep playing. There are 2 buff spells, and 4 elemental bolt spells. There's also a few pickups that basically act as keys to get to thenext parts of the game, similar to fetch quests.

5. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I do kno it says no iPhone 4 support. But that has been a been truth in the past; anyone had any luck?

6. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Ok I bought the Android version for $2.30 as a thank you to the dev. Works awesome on my HTC One M8

This is a HOT game even if all you want to do is explore and look around but I couldn't accept it for free.

7. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Hints and tips from their website.......

Keep dying in the winter domain? Perhaps you need to find an item of warmth.

Got an item of warmth and still keep dying in the winter domain? Feel around the edges of the path and follow where it melts.

Stuck in a dark domain? Cast light to survive the horrors within the shadows.

Weapon gain souls as you kill enemies or open urns. When the souls hit a certain number, your weapon will upgrade.

The staff unlocks the full potential of your current spells, as well as unlocking the mighty combo spells.

If you find yourself unsure of how to proceed then you can access the map which will point you in the right direction.

If you fall in battle, it will hamper your weapons progress to the next level.

Push and hold the attack for chained attacks. Be careful though, your stamina will deplete.

The 3 Gems -
    Sapphire increases your magical prowess but also decreases toughness.
    Emerald increases your toughness but reduces your damage.
    Ruby increases your damage but reduces your toughness and health.

Customise interface - press and hold any part of the interface to drag on drop it to your desired location.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Cool post man! Didnt even know i could customize the controls layout since im using an MFi controller which works perfectly. But that's pretty cool info to know

9. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    This game's beginning to wander in the $12 category. Awesome gameplay and graphics better than most $10 games. For free it's unbelievable!!!

10. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Agreed WorldCitizen. Great game, great value!

11. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #51 7lilwhitewolf7, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Whaaaaaaat. Are those tears in Lady Lara's eyes and a smile on her face?

12. justplainjay

justplainjay Well-Known Member

Downloading to try strictly because of the good reviews on this forum, though more than half look payed for.

13. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Gotta say, some of those posts are so over the top that I'm staying away

14. cthulhufan

cthulhufan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    *shrug*

I guess I could see how you could confuse enthusiasm for paid endorsements but as the game is currently FREE with no IAP you aren't really out anything by giving it a try.

15. yoshthug

yoshthug Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Chicago
    Fun game.

16. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    What? Why wouldn't you try a free game that people are saying is good? Might as well support the dev :)

17. ravnstudio

ravnstudio Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Drammen, Norway
    #57 ravnstudio, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    Glad you got the controller working :)

It seems we have a bug where Tainted Keep requires the controller to be paired/connected before the game is started, sorry about that!

If the controller isn't working for you, a workaround is to go to Settings --> Bluetooth and ensure the controller is listed as connected. With the controller listed as connected, close Tainted Keep (double tap the Home button and slide Tainted Keep up).
    When Tainted Keep is restarted, the controller should now work :)
    ---
    Tainted Keep is currently free on iOS for a limited time. If you like the game, feel free to spread the word! Written App Store reviews are also highly appreciated.

Thanks for all the feedback!
    ---
    EDIT: Also, an updated YouTube trailer can be found here:

18. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Well,i'm Surprised By This Game,I Give it A Try and What i Can Say is Good Work Developers!
    In My Country It's came out From The Nowhere.No Visibility On My App Store,i Want Try To Do Something About to Let Know This Game,Indie Developers Need To Be Supported. I play only 1 hour today but tomorrow i play more.But For What i See i'm Happy With.

19. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Quick! This way!

20. cthulhufan

cthulhufan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    Good to see this game back on the front page...