Universal Tail Drift (by Right Pedal Studios Publishing)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Unfortunately that's something on Apple's end :/ We can't do much about that. Keep trying though!

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    K was able to download this morning ## It was nice to upgrade all the planes. I do wish there were more ;) The videos aren't intrusive at all, and as far as I can tell, their unlimited, so people can play on as long as they want. Fair balance. I wish u the best of luck and hopefully this will get the game where it needs to be.

3. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Bought this when it came out. Enjoyed it, but moved on. Slightly disappointed to see it go freemium but I suppose I had my fun with what I paid for. Good luck though. I may reinstall over the weekend but my iOS plate is pretty full.

4. I'm glad you enjoyed it! We certainly still have plans to get more stuff in. What kind of content would you like to see added? More levels? Planes? Race modes?

5. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I honestly can't really remember. I've just re-downloaded and had a quick game or three and then it asked me to watch a video. My kidz might do that but I'm not big into that kind of thing. Good luck with it though. I enjoyed the previous incarnation.

6. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Not the guy you were asking but the suggestion you made are really all that is missing - in order of preference for me; more levels > more modes > more planes. I'm not sure how you could make it work given racing takes place on a giant tube, but being able to take multiple paths through sections (one tube splitting in to two and rejoining later on) would be really neat...or are there tracks that already do this? I must admit, I've only played a few races since the update after finishing everything and buying/upgrading all the planes within a couple days of the launch. Also a bit more pick up variety for the races would help. At the moment it just feels like mines, mines and more mines.

Cant offer you much advice on generating income unfortunately, but I really want the game to do well. I'm not the type to pay for consumable IAP but I'll happily watch an ad where needed - not likely to need to any time soon, the amount of coins given to early purchasers was seriously generous.

7. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    is there any way I can play without watching the videos. I don't even mind paying again. I'm too old for the watch videos of stuff I'm not interested in. Quite nice game to go back to just can't play for very long. Maybes I'm just not the target audience though.

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Sorry to hear about the need for the switch, but I hope it's more of a success this way. Really great game and it deserves it.

9. We've been getting this request a lot since we F2P update (most of them not very nice, but you guys have been great). We have some ideas we're throwing around for people who want a more premium experience and don't want to watch the video ads or pay to refuel.

The idea I'm leaning towards at the moment is offer a purchase for each plane that removes the fuel system. Gives the players a few options, maybe you just want to buy all the planes and remove all the waiting/video ads, or maybe you're the kind of person who wants to buy one main plane, but occasionally use one of the ad supported planes. Or maybe you're happy to just watch video ads to use a plane.

That isn't final, but just one of the ideas we've been throwing around.

10. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    #90 slamraman, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    All sounds just too complicated and I have deleted the game (again). Good luck with it though, but I'm not a big fan of a pay model of a game changing (from paid to 'free' anyway).

quick edit: not too sure if a game like this suits the timer free to play method as it required memorization of courses that only happens by practice. With that practice impeded by having to watch videos it breaks the game for. I'd probably have gone for a coin doubler route a la Deep Loot.

11. Johnno

Johnno Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Brisbane
    Hey everyone, we've just launched a huge new update today for Tail Drift.

The big news is you spoke and we listened. We've removed Gas from the game, so no more energy/timer system. Now you can race as often as you want without having to wait for timers or having to spend Coins.

Okay, here's what's new:
    - Four brand new planes to fly - the Wildfire, Baxter, Tempest and Monsoon
    - Aces High is a brand new racing league with new art and 9 new tracks to race
    - New end race music features 3 different music tracks depending on how you race
    - A new Coin Magnet powerup which automatically collects coins for you
    - New Power-up Machine lets you start the race with a competitive advantage. Simply watch a video or pay coins to get a starting power-up
    - Pop up hints are available at race start explain some cool features you may have missed
    - We've added 13 achievements and 9 new leaderboards

And this is what we've tweaked:
    - Plane upgrade prices have been reduced so you can kit out your plan faster
    - Time Trial races have been shortened to make them more fun
    - Fixed an issue with Portuguese
    - Fixed some Chinese text. Thanks to our Chinese fans for helping choose the right words

Let us know what you think. We may not be the fastest in getting updates out, but we do listen to what you say you like/dislike and are trying to make the best 3D racer that costs nothing to play. So give it a go!

12. SpungeGames

SpungeGames Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    Great game! Excited to try out the new content!

13. Pixel. Perfect

Mar 21, 2015
    I like this one - didn't like fuelsystem in ths last update but have it on my list again good one

14. Johnno

Johnno Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Male
    Game developer
    Brisbane
    Thanks! The gas was a misstep - we're still learning how to make free to play work.

I would love to hear any ideas for how to improve the game, or what parts you really like.

15. We're excited to have the update out! I know we've tried a bunch of stuff, and really appreciated all of the feedback, both good and bad.

Let us know what you think about the update - we want to make a game that everyone enjoys, and while we make the occasional misstep, we're keen to adapt to what you think is fair.

16. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Any more plans for this game? Sequel perhaps?

Fired it up the other day and it's still a blast.