Universal Tail Drift (by Right Pedal Studios Publishing)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #41 nightc1, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    Oh gosh, a comment like that (I Love Air Mail)... I think this may be my only purchase this week.

Oops never mind as it requires ios7. Still it looks like a good game.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm not quite sure how everyone's missing out on this, but I'll admit I did too. Picked it up last night and I'm totally impressed. :)

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Glad to hear you've joined the party ;)

We're friends on GC right? The more people to compete with the better

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I would have never thought this would be my favorite game the same week Reckless 3 came out. Well done devs!

I'd love some kind of multilayer, even just ghosts.

Also, anyone see pocket game's review? I was kind of stunned. Not in a good way.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Pocket Gamer? Unless I'm missing something, there isn't a review out yet.

6. Thanks :) Glad you're liking it! We didn't get the level of coverage we were really hoping for today, but we're all happy to see people having fun.

If you're enjoying the game, feel free to tell your friends ;)

7. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    Ah, you are right! I was getting the Air Race Speed review confused with this game for some reason, even though they are totally different.

I was shocked this near-perfect game (Tail Drift) could get such a horrible review from a site I trust, but luckily I was wrong.

Seriously though, way more people need to be playing this. I'm in love.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Worried me there for a second! Nah... There's no chance in hell anyone could be complaining about Tail Drift' controls. They don't get better than this. :)

Also, JCho... I don't have you on GC. I'm [metalcasket].

And to the developer, I'll do my best to spread the word, and I don't know if you're aware of this, but you ARE featured in some App Stores. :) If it wasn't for the Lebanese store feature, I wouldn't have checked this out. ;)

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Alright MC, I send a request your way ;)

Also, nice to hear it's gotten featured somewhere.

I'll be keeping my eye out for the real Pocket Gamer review.

10. Anyone is welcome to add me too :)

TimeJockey

11. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Is that a play off of Space Jockey? ;)

12. It's a reference Space Quest IV, if you've ever played that one.

13. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    If you like this game then try out some of the other games from this dev. I'm liking Dragon Season a pretty enjoyable endless runner that went under the radar of TouchArcade.

14. Yeah, check out the other Right Pedal stuff. :)

Right Pedal Studios is basically a startup incubator for game developers, and all the teams work in the same building, helping each other out.

15. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I purchased this game, but it doesn't work for me, it gets stuck when the gamecenter icon comes down at the start. Anybody know how to fix this? I have a iPhone 6 running on the latest software.

16. Can you email me at [email protected]?

17. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Would be cool if we could win random parts to an airplane and Create our own. Have a weekly tournament. The top ten on each team gets coins, and a special plane part. The top 100 including the top ten gets a special plane part. So the top ten gets two parts and coins.

Or just make our own plane and customize it as we wish. The upgraded parts can go as high as they want. But the higher it goes, the more costly it gets.

Wanted to know, is there a weekly tournament in the game for the fastest lap?

18. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    It is one of those games where you keep earning currency but soon have nothing to spend it on. There should definitely be a few more upgradables added.

19. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I got this on 5S, iOS8.0.2. It was when I was playing on the train with a poor 3G connection. Had no problems if I switched to Airplane Mode or when my signal improved.

20. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    I'm loving the crap out of this game, and it's easily my favorite of the week.

However, I'm stuck on the first and last race of Supersonic. The lead AI is just too fast for me to catch up! The best I can do on both is two stars, which means overall I'm missing two. I'm using the second plane, fully upgraded.

Anyone have any tips?

Also, what are the plans for additional content? I zipped through the game pretty quickly (and it was a blast).