Universal Taichi panda (by Snailgames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by xodiac, Dec 4, 2014.

1. HallmarkCard

HallmarkCard Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    This game got even better with this huge update. I'm so pleased with the new Fox Mage because she seems a tad bit OP lol

2. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    #122 Artfoundry, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    [update] ok after reading some other posts and seeing others have similar problems (hmm..more evidence of poor development), I decided to look at the different servers. Finally at the last US server, I found my Facebook progress. But seriously? Why should I have to remember the sever name, and why would it even switch the server setting to begin with? The server screen should indicate which servers you have characters on, and login should always default to the last server used. Instead it was set to the U.S.-champions server, no doubt because it was the only one not "packed". Ugh, being a UI developer, I cry at UI garbage like this.[/update]

Ugh, the login menu UI for this game is horrible. I just logged in with Facebook for the first time today after playing as a guest (which shouldn't even be available unless the game provides a way of copying your progress on the guest account to a snail/Facebook account, which it doesn't as far as I can tell), and now I tried logging in again. Facebook was only available on the new account page, and guess what happened when I tried logging in there? No saved progress. So my Facebook gameplay is gone. Then I tried looking at my guest account, and there were two?! One said guest[some number] and the other just had the number with no "guest". I looked at the one with just a number, and there was no character. So I went to delete the account, and guess which one got deleted instead? Right, the one with the word "guest". So now THAT game progress is gone too. So now I'm back to square one.

On top of that, once you log in and get to the character creation screen, there's no back button! So you can't switch accounts without force quitting the app. Who designed this garbage?

The gameplay itself is pretty linear and requires a fair amount of grinding to progress. It's fun enough, but not so fun enough to deal with the login crap.

I would HIGHLY recommend not playing as guest or with Facebook. Which of course is lame that you need to sign up for the snail account to play, but I'd be more open to that if logging in actually worked better.

3. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    hmmm still not available in the PH store

4. dondo

dondo Member

Mar 28, 2015
    #124 dondo, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    UI in the way of itself?

Trying to play this game but the UI is getting in the way of the tutorial. I keep trying to hit that button but it just brings up the menu for Snail

EDIT: Figured out that you can drag the overlay button around.

5. vect

vect Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Ya, they just recently moved that button's default location for some reason, and everyone hates it!

6. Tr145

Tr145 New Member

Mar 31, 2015
    Does this game require constant internet connection for single player?

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah i decided to give this a try after deleting DH5 and sadly isnt there.

8. vect

vect Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Yes. All information is stored on their server.

9. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I am on genchi or something like that almost level fourTy. Any guilds out there? A ta one even? :p idk if guilds can be multi server as idk how their server systems work; seems like I do PVP and team instances with interserver players? Def for team instance idk fun game tho . If anything what did anyone else do to look for the right guild for them in this game since its kind of a weeps apply system? Just try and ask in chat and hope someone answers in English? Lol

10. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Why do I have to sign in every time I play on the same device?