Universal Taichi panda (by Snailgames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by xodiac, Dec 4, 2014.

1. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I dig this, I'm Richar in-game if anyone wants to friend me or let's start a guild?

2. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    I'm surprised how well optimized this game is, haven't had a crash so far. One annoying thing is trying to compared equipment since you can only see one at a time rather than two.

3. Revolvix

Revolvix Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Well this is a really pleasant surprise! The art is very world of warcraft and the bite size dungeon battles are perfect and look awesome on 6 plus. Loads of gifts and things to open in the hub and plenty of things to fiddle about with. I like it and the in app purchase system seems fair, better than others as i have pretty much ground to a halt with plunder pirates. Man you could spend a bloody fortune on that game.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Friend me man. Its Amenbro or Amenbrother I dont remember. Lol.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Someone should make a TA Guild, though I'm not level 20 yet sadly. I'm an on and off player, not a heavy user but I'd love to play with people on the boards every now and then.

In game I'm Arturia. I should be around lvl 15?

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Quick questions, how do I change my appearance? Is it that super rare wing item that takes the last item slot?

And how should I be spending my gems? All on the treasure chests? Will those get me the "wings"?

I noticed people destroying me in the arena and they're only level 8 or so with full sets of legendary equips. Are they just spending all the gems on treasure chests?

7. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Yes. You buy the packs of 10 and you are guaranteed legendary items. They probably have some legendary pets too( Sun Wu kong is amazing). In order to get the wings you have to be a certain VIP level, and there's different levels to the wings.

8. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    You agree with that insanity? First of all,iOS gaming is not dead. Obviously; it may have changed, and now there are so many games that some have a pay system that you don't like. Oh no. Build a bridge, get over it. Second, the whole thing about corporate welfare; seriously? I am liberal and that is insane. Acting like Blizzard or some Asian gaming company claiming subscribers is going to cause a financial bubble is literally either complete insanity and paranoia, or complete intellectual immaturity.

Anyway, about the game, I play darkness reborn a little but this takes up less room on my hard drive so I think I might delete DR to check it out. I play order and chaos as my main MMO as I have no computer right now, but I like having an action-MMO type thing to play too, and arcane legends is way too simple. Will it suffice though?

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Its not bad but it will do until next week when DH5 comes out.

10. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    One thing DR has over this is definitely UI polish. Its much more intuitive but I'll give taichi a head over for gameplay. Hopefully the UI will be fixed up otherwise I'll have both on my device.

11. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    They didn't mean that YOU would be the plunder pirate.

Anyway good to hear. A TA guild would be cool if I last that long with this one.

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks!

So basically appearance changes can only be made if you're a VIP? Then proceed to buy one of the VIP gift boxes?

I noticed the first gift box is VIP lvl 0. Should I try buying that one?

13. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    You can play without spending a single cent. Progression is pretty good and the only difference in paying is ofc progressing faster. It takes some time to get strong and it's a satisfying feeling ripping through a dungeon and easily slaughtering all the mobs.

14. bobaferret

bobaferret Member

May 12, 2012
    Washington
    I just hit lvl 20 with my panda. Trying to save up the gold to start a guild. It's 500 diamonds and 500k gold to form one.

I'm CatNeely over there if anyone wants to add me to their friends list.

15. bladecup

bladecup Member

Aug 19, 2009
    I tried,nothing special,i have feeling game isnt finished.

16. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    How far did you get? The mobs and dungeon requirements later on start to ramp up. In particular, this games main draw is its PvP elements, and as great as they are, the cash shop makes them extremely one sided.

17. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Will add you tonight bro

18. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Yeah the difficulty starts to rank up. I'm level 51 on the CA2-Jaraken server.

19. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    It's a pretty cool hack'n'slash game, but all of the menu stuff just clutters it up too much. There are so many different icons all over the place!

I play Heroes Rush, so I don't have anything against the various timers and busy work that devs put in to these kinds of freemium games. But Taichi Panda doesn't do anything creative with that stuff, it just sticks it all over the screen as buttons. It's just messy and cluttered to me, and it's keeping me from wanting to even load the game.

20. Ninja_Blade_Diego

Nov 25, 2013
    Is it me or is the frame rate slow. I'm running this on iPhone6Plus and the frame rate is not smooth at all. It kinda makes the gameplay not that enjoyable.