iPad Tag Games feature - Car Jack Streets, Astro Ranch and more...

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Paul@Tag, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Just thought some of you might be interested in a feature just posted on the Guardian website (UK newspaper)...

Link to news feature

Lots of info on what we are up to including Car Jack and Astro Ranch...

P

2. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    It is awesome knowing I have the chance to talk to developers easily on my upcoming expectations and current problems of their games. I find that when a developer is active in these and other forums/websites, their games often stand out from the trash. Developers do create their own future on the app store, and it's absolutely awesome. On another note, I hope I see my idea in Car Jack Streets

3. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA

Hmm, Payback 225 mB in size...

4. are applications composed of a single file, or multiple files within a folder ?

5. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    The apps we download are a single file in .ipa format.

I see what your asking though, on their end, it may be multiple files that get compiled into the .ipa format.

6. whenever i see .ipa i think of india pale ale

om nom nom nom nom

but yeah i'd like to know if it's multiple files or just one

7. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    It is multiple files, the IPA is an archive type of file.

Try opening it in WinRAR, you'll see folders, an artwork file, a playlist file, png files (pictures), wav files (sound), etc.

8. Crimsonpaw

Crimsonpaw Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Interesting read, I guess when I saw the announcement for CJS I was thinking it would be more of a port (keeping the sprite look) since those were the only movies we've seen. Good to know you guys are putting it into the 3D engine (should work great for 1G touches as well the). Gotta say this is still looking to be a day 1 purchase for me.

9. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

There's bigger apps too - Alternate Endings is 433MB and Soul Trapper is 264MB. I think the limit's 2GB.

As for the article, it's quite interesting reading (the Guardian are normally pretty good on tech & game stories) about the company and the GTA history. It's quite informative about the mobile phone games market before and after the App Store launched.

Astro Ranch sounds like an interesting concept. Hope it becomes a good game. Glad to see you're working on several iPhone/iPod Touch projects.