Universal Taekwondo Game Global Tournament - (By Hello There)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Nov 4, 2014.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Yup, was way too easy before. Just played first post update match, much more difficult and challenging. Fought my ass off and made a huge comeback to only lose, by a point. Lol

2. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    This has become one of my favorite fighting games next to the King of Fighters i2012. I can't wait to see what updates you guys have planned for this game.

3. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    This game would be great with online multiplayer. Otherwise it gets old fast.

4. HelloThere

HelloThere Well-Known Member

#84 HelloThere, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for sorting it out for us Boardumb, you're absolutely right! :)

If you have bought the game already, you wont see any ads. In that case, the only update you'll notice is the AI getting more difficult (and some other teeny tiny fixes). If you've uninstalled the game, just hit Restore Purchases, and you'll get the premium version!

The next update will be adding more single player tournaments, but after that we will be looking into online multiplayer! It's something we have wanted to have from the beginning, and we're getting there - one step at the time! :)

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    woohoo, multiplayer is what i wanted since the beginning. great news dev.

6. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Nice, sounds good. Anyone know what the point of the special attack is?

7. HelloThere

It’s a focus attack, giving you more points the better you time it to your opponents attack. So if you time it perfectly you'll get 4 points, if not you'll get 3!

8. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Thanks. The focus attack adds some depth. Could you explain how blocking high and low works exactly? Does blocking correctly give a one frame advantage or something? And incorrectly -1? Seems like you can get a free throw off of a bad block but not an attack.

9. HelloThere

Yes, that is correct! You get a slight frame advantage when blocking High if your opponent attacks High. It also gives you a stamina boost. An incorrectly predicted block only gives you a slight frame disadvantage. A neutral block doesn't give any advantage to any player.

10. HelloThere

Hello again everybody,

Just wanted to show you some concept sketches of the three new arenas we're adding - US, Tanzania and China! What do you think? :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. deadcandance1969

May 15, 2015
    Love the game. Best fighter on Mobil. Update was great. More challenging. Can't wait for new tourneys and especially multiplayer. So pumped for that. Very rare in mobile to find multiplayer. New arenas look real good. How about a few new techniques and characters and outfits. Great game though. Please don't stop supporting it.

12. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    I agree this is a really sweet fighter. A few more kicks would be nice. Ofcourse I'm really excited for the multiplayer Playing people around the world is so awsome. We don't get that often with mobile fighters. Mk x was such a disappointment. You guys are our only hope.

13. HelloThere

Thanks!! We're working on both the new tournaments and the global multiplayer, but things are going rather slowly as we're also working on some other productions. But hang in there, there will be an update soon! :)

Character customization and more moves and combos are also on the list, but not until after we've added some more content!

You guys are the best, thank you for all your support!!

14. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    So you guys gave up on this game huh. No multiplayer right

15. HelloThere

Hi deadcandance,
    We are still working on global multiplayer, but it has turned out to require a lot more work than we originally thought, and as you've noticed, it's taking us quite some time to figure it out. We're a small studio, and right now we're looking for the right competence to do this.

We're planning on a bigger update, adding more environments and looking into releasing the game on Steam at the same time as we add global multiplayer, so that's also adding on to the workload.

Thanks so much for not giving up on us!

16. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Congrats on finally getting multiplayer up!

17. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Any word on whether this is getting controller support? And maybe an Apple TV port? :)