Universal Taekwondo Game Global Tournament - (By Hello There)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Nov 4, 2014.

1. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Kinetic damage is ok Not as good as the potential this has. But soul cal is to this point still number 1 on ipad and iPhone

2. HelloThere

HelloThere Well-Known Member

Hi again all,

I'm currently putting together a long long list of all the feedback we've gotten on the game on different forums etc, and just reading all your comments again makes me really happy! So thanks!!

3. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Any news on what to expect on future updates? Would gladly pay via iap for an update. Cheers

4. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Really great game, hard to believe you can get this kind of quality for .99.

5. HelloThere

Thanks! We're actually in the process of uploading an update at the moment!

We've gotten loads of feedback on the purchase model, so we're changing that, adding ads instead. There will still be a possibility to buy the full game though, unlocking character selection, advanced training mode and getting rid of the ads. We've also tweaked the AI for this update, making them a little bit more difficult.

We're also planning on a next update, adding more tournaments in the single player mode, but we haven't set a date for that yet. I'll let you know!

6. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Taiwan please ^^ I'd love to fight in Taipei

7. HelloThere

I'll pass it on, djstout! No decision taken yet, so you might just get what you want! :)

By the way, Zendorphin asked for a video of us kicking and sparrin a while back. Here it is! Enjoy!

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Any chance for MFi controller support in this? Would make the game "perfectier" than it already is. :D

9. HelloThere

Hi Exact-Psience, glad you like it!!
    MFi Controller support wont be added to the next update, but we're constantly adding things to our to to-list, so it might happen eventually! (Sorry for being so vague, I'll let you know as soon as we decide anything!) :)

djstout, Taiwan didn't make it, sorry! We'll keep it on the list for the future though!
    We'll release an update on App Store with the same countries as before within the next couple of days, but the update after that will have three new single player tournaments - Chine, the US and a third country that's not fully decided on yet!

10. HelloThere

Hi again,

Just wanted to tell you that we have been nominated to the PocketGamer Awards 2015 (category Best Sports/Racing Game)!
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/pgawards2015.asp

We're very excited, and are of course hoping for the best, so if you like the game, please help by voting! :)

11. HelloThere

FINALLY! We have just released the first update on The Taekwondo Game!

We've gotten so much feedback from our players, and have started to work on loads of stuff. This update includes making the game free and making the AI a lot more difficult! Check it out! :)

For the next update, we will add three more tournaments, as I said above, and for the update after that we will look into global multiplayer and character customisation! So excited!!

12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #72 bigrand1, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    Excellent! Grabbed the Android version (thank you) and have been finding the game a bit too easy. This update should do the trick!! Just downloaded that but haven't had a chance to play new version yet. Will soon! Digging this! I agree with another poster that now someone should make a Muay Thai game true to its nature as well!

13. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    While I love the game... A bit confused for those of us who did the in app purchase? If we upgrade are we going to be bombarded by ads or something?

My concern is why did I buy the iap for you to now offer it free and I might be stuck with ads or something?

Should I update the game or not as an original iap purchaser?

14. magmasid

magmasid Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Same here.

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Ok I already had the game on my iPhone and I updated. Then I downloaded the game fresh to my iPad to compare the two versions.

The iPhone version I already had doesn't appear to be changed at all. It even says in the upper corner of the title screen "1.5.5 Premium" which makes me think it knows you already bought the IAP previously.

The fresh install version on my iPad uses a free to play key system . You're initially given 2 keys to start, and can earn more by watching video ads. You can have a total of 5 keys max. Playing a training level or a tournament costs 1 key, and if you run out of keys and try playing, it'll prompt you to get some for free by watching ads or by buying the 99¢ full game unlock.

So in short it looks like everything is all good whether you owned the game already or are coming to it new. Also there's a restore purchases option so if you bought the IAP before but have since deleted the game I assume you can reinstall the updated version and restore purchase and it'll remove any of the free to play key stuff.

16. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    So if you did pay before you don't have the option of video ads right? My goal is to avoid the dumb ads especially since I paid the Iap to unlock the game when this was initially released.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Uh... Loaded this game, and i got stomped on the first fight in Iran. And i mean stomped. o_O

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yes, there's no option for ads anywhere once you've unlocked premium.

19. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Prior to the update I destroyed all of the opponents. I just downloaded again and got destroyed in the first fight. Maybe there was an AI adjustment?

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep, there was. :)

And yes, that's a smiley since the game was ridiculously easy prior to this update...at least early on.