Universal Taekwondo Game Global Tournament - (By Hello There)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Nov 4, 2014.

1. HelloThere

HelloThere Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Dev here! First of all, thanks for all the feedback! I'll try to answer all of your questions. (And please bare with us for being a bit slow on the replies, we're in a different time zone. :) )

The full game was indeed $1.99 before, and we've lowered it to $0.99 over the Christmas holidays. It will go back to the full price on January 7th. There is only one IAP (the full game), but it can be reached through different screens, that's why it might be confusing. But buying it once will indeed unlock the full game.

Without the full game, the only way to try a real fight (not just the tutorial) is to play a friend over local wifi.

For now, the only multiplayer option is over local wifi, but we totally agree with you - we would love to make the multiplayer global (and might do so in the future).

@Treerootz - Sorry to hear it crashed! We are aware the loading time is quite long on some devices. If you want to tell us more about what device and OS you have, we would really like to make the game stable on all devices!

Once again, thanks for all your feedback!!

2. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Ugh local wifi. The worst of the multiplayer options. I mean if your going to only make it possible to play someone right next to me why not bluetooth. And global is even in the name yet I can't test my skills against anyone. Why is a good vs fighting game so much to ask for. I'd pay anything for one on my mobile. At least soul cal has bluetooth

3. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    On a good note. What moves you have are sick. Backrounds and atmosphere are sweet(. Sound effects nice graphics animation and frame rate are on point. Just needs a few more stages a few more techniques and a few more characters and for the love of all that is holy and unholy solid multiplayer options. Not just local bull. With that added this def is the best fighter out there.

4. HelloThere

Hi deadcandance,

As we said, we agree with you - we would have loved to do the multiplayer not just local. However, for various reasons it didn't happen in this release. Thanks for all the nice words though! :)

5. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks for the replies.I'm really enjoying the game and appreciate the single IAP to unlock the entire game. Buying now...

6. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Thanks for taking feedback! I was going to use the in-game email function but since you are here...

One feature request I'd like to add, would be more character customization. This would be especially useful with any multiplayer improvements. For example, I'd like to be able to change my dobok's (or gi's) pant color to red or black. Also, in my school, uniforms also distinguish rank. With a black belt you get an embroidered uniform with your name on the back. Something like that would be neat.

Also, while I am dreaming, some sort of belt system for your progress in the game would be incredible. (I know that these ranking systems vary a lot across schools and disciplines, but maybe you could use the most standardized one, used by the federations).

Maybe these two things are related: you progress to a higher belt and then you get more customization options!

I am sure you have a ton of TKD fans giving you feedback, so thanks for listening. :) The game is awesome!!!!

7. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    You have my money awesome devs!

8. HelloThere

Thanks! :)

More character customization is really one of the things we have been talking about. I like the idea of getting more options as you progress!

We're definitely going to continue working on this game, so all your feedback is great, keep it coming! :)

9. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Great game! Having studied TKD when I was younger, I can really appreciate the authenticity of the moves, models, and sounds. Just want to see more! What might be a cool challenge addition would be for the player to perform forms - such an integral part of TKD (including tournaments). Having the player memorize and then carry out a sequence of moves with the right timing would be cool. But in general, need me moves - there are only seven, not including blocking. And only one punch out of those (and not even really a normal punch) - TKD is the way of the hand and foot - need more punching! And more kicks! ☺
    Really though, great game so far!

10. jayzilla87

jayzilla87 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Is ONLINE multiplayer coming any time soon? That would be ..ahem, kick ass :)

11. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Also, iPhone 6 optimization please! ;)

12. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Please more moves and controller support! Much love :D

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Wrote a super long post about how awesome this game is, but unfortunately something went wrong and...crap. :/ Yeah, ummmm...in a nutshell: THIS.IS.AWESOME. Easily worth way more than a buck. Much like everyone else, it just needs a little more single player content, character customization and of course online multiplayer, and it'll NEVER EVER leave my device. Great job.

Oh, and of course...major thanks to Jared for giving this some front-page love. What do I mean? CONGRATS ON BEING TOUCHARCADE'S GAME OF THE WEEK! :)

14. taiga97

taiga97 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    It's a good game, but crashes and lags a lot for me. I'm on an iPod 5g. The gameplay is great when it doesn't lag, the scenery is beautiful, it does need more characters, or perhaps a custom character option(make your own character).

15. HelloThere

OMG!!! GAME OF THE WEEK!!! Thanks Jared!!

And thanks for letting us know about all the lags and crashes! We'll try to have them fixed for the next update!

16. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    Man I just can't get over how much potential this game has. It's so polished ... A little bare and way way too easy.. But Awsome. Please devs when u implement online matches please make it possible to challenge friends through gamecenter or facebook. And don't let this game collect dust. Please Thanks for the love

17. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    This game has actually inspired me to return to TKD in real life. Thank you! I got to green belt when I was nine but didn't have the perseverance to stick at it. Also, your game is really neat! Can't wait to see what further improvements you can make on a very solid base! :)

18. HelloThere

Wow, that's really good to hear! One of the aims with the game was to get people into taekwondo for real. That's why we tried to keep it as authentic as possible.

19. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Would love to see a video of you all training and sparring :)

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This, together with Kinetic Damage, are the only fighting games i will have on my ipad.