Universal Tactics Maiden (by Mangobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 17, 2014.

1. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hi Niebau,

Quick question: how can I copy a save file mid level to the cloud, for another device? I can't find the save menu mid level:/

Also, if I don't have all units I can have on the battlefield, and I use up all my current units actions, will it automatically end turn, or will it still allow me to recruit another unit as my last move?

Cheers!

2. niebau

niebau Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Mangobile. Designer & Developer
    Germany
    You can't. Manual saves (both local and cloud) can only be done in the Ally Camp. During a scenario there's just the automatic game progress saving.
    So if you need to sync a game save immediately, your only option is to 'Retreat'.

A turn only ends automatically if there's nothing else you can do during the turn.
    So you can still move out new units from your outpost(s) as long as:
    - Max Allies isn't reached yet
    - Not all of your units are knocked out
    - You have at least one unoccupied outpost available

3. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #83 pjft, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    Thanks for the replies. Would it be possible to at least then have an option for the automatic save also to be stored in the cloud?

Or would that likely break things?

I sadly will sometimes not have enough time to play for a full level. But if it's too complicated or error prone, it's also not the end of the world :)

4. Angmodurian

Angmodurian Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    #84 Angmodurian, Sep 28, 2014
    Level 133 is hard :)

5. niebau

niebau Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Germany
    #85 niebau, Sep 28, 2014
    Cloud synchronization is a quite complicated process, especially since it is supposed to work even if players are temporarily offline.
    Even with games like Cut the Ropes you could run into synchronization issues now and then. And these games only save game progress at distinct times (end of a level) and only very few parameters (score, unlocked levels).

Tactics Maiden is constantly saving game progress after every single unit move, and game saves comprise tons of information (unit positions on the battlefield, unit stats, skill point distribution, equipped items, inventory items and so on).

It would be just a matter of time when you run into trouble.
    Local and cloud saves are separated in Tactics Maiden for a good reason: There is no way that cloud synchronization can screw up your game progress.

6. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    By all means, I get that.

I really was just looking for a way for a user to choose to copy their local save to the cloud if needed. There's no way to do that from the main menu.

I was just thinking of adding a "save manager" feature either to the "load" option on the main menu, or under settings. To allow the user to manually copy their local save to the cloud.

7. Angmodurian

Sep 1, 2014
    Niebau, scene 113 is very ridiculous lol, you have to fix it. The target npc get hit for like 34 dmg per hit & she only has 84 hp?? Most of the time the enemy ai just went straight for her even though my armies are around her. Too many spearman.. This stage is pretty ridiculous. You have to buff the npc's hp. Even a 2 hit spells from some skele hit her down to red, pretty impossible right there....

8. niebau

niebau Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Germany
    True. But you can just load a local file and then save it to the cloud.

9. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Not if it's mid battle, that's what I'm trying to get at. :)

10. niebau

niebau Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Germany
    #90 niebau, Sep 28, 2014
    Can you recheck the scenario id? Your description doesn't seem to match scenario 113 - Palace Garden, because there are no skeletons. Or was it just a typo, and by female target NPC you refer to the warrior Mariel?.

11. niebau

niebau Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Germany
    Ah, okay. This is indeed not possible, because you can't access the automatic game progress (not to be confused with the entry 'autosave' which is just an automatic save done before you leave the Ally Camp).

I didn't want to make the game too easy by giving players access to the 'automatic game progress file' (undo moves, reload until a unit makes a critical hit, and so on).

So copying current game progress from one device to another one would require a different / additional system.

12. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Ah, I see.

No worries then, it was just a thought.

I can see how it could be exploited, so I'm happy staying the way it is, until we find a better option.

Thanks!

13. Angmodurian

Sep 1, 2014
    Sry it should be scene 111. The lady npc "goldyna".

14. niebau

niebau Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Germany
    #94 niebau, Sep 28, 2014
    1) Use Julien's 'Place Swap' skill during the first turn to remove Goldyna from the center of the battlefield. 1 skill point invested in 'Place Swap' should be enough already (= range 3 for place swap). If you want to be safe, invest more skill points in 'Place Swap' for further range.

2) Use Rebeccas 'Shield Ally' skill to protect Goldyna. Especially for this scenario, your Knight Rebecca shouldn't focus on damage but on protection (skill points in Shield Allies and Pow).

3) Move high damage dealers quickly on the battlefield and let them do their job.

Tactics Maiden's AI system is (mainly) aggro based, so make sure to keep the enemy busy with your own units. Then they will leave Goldyna alone.

Repeat 1) to 3) until Goldyna is at a safe position at the border of the battlefield.

I will add a few hints to this scenario for the next patch.

15. Angmodurian

Sep 1, 2014
    Niebau, i am not losing to the AI at all. My armies are crushing them & i bring them all surrounding goldyna but seriously she is too squishy. There is no guarantee whether the ai will hit her or not even though my forces surrounded her (yes spearmans.. Mages that bring her down to red with a spell..) Never thought of place swap, think it is the only way that works. Shielding her will not do much either.

16. niebau

niebau Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Germany
    Spearmen have rather low damage and won't save Goldyna from Archers and Mages.
    You are probably better off with damage dealing units and fast moving units that keep enemies busy and generate more aggro.
    The 'Charge' skill of knights is also interesting to intercept enemies early on.

Keep also in mind that this is an optional side quest (green map marker).
    You can come back to this scenario once your units are 1 or 2 levels higher, alternatively you can lower the difficulty (temporarily).

Initially it was required to keep the neutral Knight alive as well, which was somewhat more tricky.
    Goldyna starts with a physical and bow defense buff already in the beginning.
    If I buff her any further, the only challenging part of this scenario is gone.

But I will add a hint concerning 'Place Swap' to the scenario.

17. thecmancan

thecmancan Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Telecommunications
    NYC
    Are you trying to cheat the game?

18. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Not at all. If you read the entire thread, I'm just trying to see if I could use cloud saves to continue my game exactly where I left off from my phone to my tablet and vice versa, even if that meant mid battle.

19. gosenbach

gosenbach Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer (mechanical/electrical/software)
    I am having a difficult time with 135, protect the mage at the east mage tower. Sounds like If I go back to the main quest path, this side quest will be there later and will not disappear?

20. niebau

niebau Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Germany
    No problem, it won't disappear.
    Definitely one of the tougher scenarios, so most of your units should be around level 12 which is the scenario level (= spawn level of enemies).