iPad Tactical Warrior (by James Pawliuk)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ravenblack, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Zephro

Zephro Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Like the game but the occasional grammar error gets to me. Achievements is even spelled wrong in the main menu.

2. rekirtS

rekirtS Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Bought this game yesterday.

Wow, this game is awesome! The screenshots really don't do it justice, the game looks crisp and plays really well and I rather like the graphics.

Gameplay too is challenging and fun! This game needs more attention.

3. banlieue

banlieue Well-Known Member

May 22, 2011
    Well...I'm not here to ruin your fun, but I would be more cheerful if you had the graphics more exquisite. Just look at that dog.

4. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    I would like to know about this too.

5. Jamvert

Jamvert Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Currently, neither universal support nor an HD app are coming, unfortunately. In the future, however, if I do end up doing one, it will probably be universal support as opposed to an HD app.

Because of how often this is asked, I am starting to consider adding universal support a bit more seriously. Unfortunately, my current lack of an iPad and the fact that for a lot of the menus I didn't create larger images that can be scaled down, are significant obstacles to this.

I apologize for this. My spelling and grammar are indeed, rather poor. In retrospect, I probably should have just paid someone to go over the game and proofread everything. :eek:

6. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Here is a question: What do you guys think of an update that would make it so you manually place your warriors at the start of a battle as opposed to them being placed randomly?

I have had a few requests for it from other places and was wondering what you guys thought of the idea.

7. Zephro

Zephro Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Manual placement would be nice. Also, I have some kind of bug that randomly decides that my hero cannot equip anything. Tapping on said equip does nothing, have to go in and out of the hero management before it fixes itself.

I have a few suggestions, up to you to implement them or not:

- Skill reset option
    Sometimes later in the game, I realize that some skills aren't that great, but I don't want to ditch an already-leveled up hero. Maybe a skill reset shop would be available. To reset skills, you have to trade in items, similar to the bartering in existing shops.

-Display item value
    After certain battles, I'm not too sure which is the best item to take, and might up end up taking a lower-valued item to barter. Maybe make the value of item more visible, like 2G (gold) in a corner, or something.

-Viewing item information easily
    As it is now, the only way to view item info is to swap them in and out of your equip. Perhaps an equip button could be implemented, and just single tapping shows you the item info.

With that said, I'm enjoying this game immensely. Keep up the great work.
    If you want someone to proofread, I could do it for free. :p

8. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    #68 Marcus70, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
    Well for me, I only play this on ipad2 (2x). I don't like playing this on my ipod because some of the text is quite small and the different text colors only compound the problem.

9. rekirtS

Apr 25, 2011
    Would you ever consider releasing a list of skills each class has access to? Cause I've gone back and made 3 different campaigns trying out the best combinations. I understand if you consider it part of the experience though.

Absolutely love this game!

10. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Is there any specific time, that you have noticed, that the bug stopping you from equipping stuff happens? For example, does it seem to happen after winning a map and choosing the reward? Also, does it stop you from tapping your item slots and seeing your equipment pool, or does it just stop you from selecting an item from the pool?

I might add a skill reset option. Another player has requested the option to duplicate saved games, more or less for this same reason. This might be a better way to solve the problem. I like the idea of having it as something your batter for at a hut.

I wonder if it should be a full reset of all skill points or if one should barter to reset a certain number of points. For example, 2 or 3 barter value to reallocate 12 points. This would make it so that it is cheaper to fix a few bad selections than to fully overhaul a warrior.

I will probably add a display of items' barter values. For the time being however, know that for 90% of the battles, the item rewards are all the same value.

If you wanted to help by proofreading Tactical Warrior that would be great! It is probably best to wait for the next update though, so that I have a chance to at least remove some of the more obvious spelling and grammar mistakes first :)

11. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Is it just text during battles that is too small, or is the text that is used in the character screen to describe items/skills too small as well?

I might consider releasing a list of skills each class has access to. Do you mean as an in game help type of thing or as a list online?

12. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Proofreading should be done now, not later. It's not like you're pumping out updates.

13. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
    #73 Marcus70, May 28, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
    Actually, looking at it again, for me its not really the size of the text its the use of color. Since all of the text in the character/skills screens are just one color (white) its fine. The different colors for the text (red, orange, etc), during the battle sequences, is harder to read and seem unnecessary as well.

14. rekirtS

Apr 25, 2011
    Online I meant, but any form would help ha I keep recreating my team :). Would definitely be appreciated and save me a few more campaigns!

15. Zephro

Zephro Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    I can't really remember, lol. It stops me from selecting an item in the pool.
    Also came across another bug. The 4th skill for my heroes would be unselectable, also at seemingly random times (usually at the start of a battle). The other 3 are fine, just that the last one can't be selected. Have to exit and kill the game process, then reload to fix it.

16. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Good point. I will probably try to do it this update then. I am out for most of this week too, which will delays this update even more :/

I will probably change some of the unnecessarily colored text to white. I am not sure if I want to change the damage text to white though. There are a few other options I might try next week though. Things like having white text but with a colored glow or something like that.

I might do that at some point. It is easier to make something to put on the web than on the iphone since I don't have to worry about size. It probably wouldn't have the actual numbers for the attacks/abilities though.

I see. I am pretty sure these are actually the same bug. I have seen it come up a few times now. It seems that buttons from other screens are somehow sticking around in the background and absorbing touches. Hopefully it won't be too hard to cure.

17. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
  18. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    I think I might change the text in battle to be the way like the numbers are in this screen shot. I think it makes them a bit easier to see.
    [​IMG]

19. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Any news about update?

.Hey i discovered something !! i thought it have only one act !! thats why i wasnt wanting to finish it and even have multiple teams all goining through act 1...but when i decided to dig deeper i got surprised due to 2 things...

first: there act 2 with a whole new map!!! any way...for that i recommend maybe to add more acts to be a long game for the update!!...by the way how many acts does it have?

second: i didnt finish act one! i even had an area with a blue key which i didnt find and so the area beside tournament i never entered,and some battles scattered here and there and i was shifted to act 2 with no possible ability to go back to act 1?? why i want to come back to gain those points in experiance,items,warriors !!!

20. rekirtS

Apr 25, 2011
    Looks great and easy to see!

This thread needs to stay bumped to show people this awesome underated game, you have no idea how many hours have been lost to this game.

And no theres no way I know of to go back to an act. Maybe add a warning or a heads up cause I was surprised my first time :D.