iPad Tactical Warrior (by James Pawliuk)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ravenblack, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Jamvert

Jamvert Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Immaturity lowers the unit's max health by a percentage. It is just there for balancing the pets at low levels.

2. firetros

firetros Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Thank you for telling me that, It had really been bugging me.

3. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    does any body know any good strategies for the game? I have my own strategies, but I was just wondering if any one else had any cool strategies they had.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

Out of all the games I have on my iphone I play this the most on my breaks and lunches.... thats crazy. I cant imagine if it had a universal edition and cloud save games, I would get down on it then LOL :cool:

5. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    I spend the most time on this game too amenbrother

6. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    I don't want to give away any of the good strategies (if I even know them), but one strategy I like is "Burst of Power" + "Ancient Combo" with monk :)

7. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    #367 firetros, Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
    Thank you so much! My favorite combo is with the alchemist, an archer, and a champion. I don't know if it's one of the better ones, so I won't give it away here. I'm just stuck on hard a little. not too much though.

8. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    What is anybodies favorite class. mine is Gladiator

9. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    It's been a while since I've played (unfortunately), but I remember gladiators just being really strong. Their ranged attack did the most damage in the game by a healthy margin.

I've personally always liked the junglemen. He's crowd control. Boomerang + pepper + poison while my softies to some work.

10. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    Jungleman are my close second, add an oil of daze to that also and he's magic. I actually like gladiators because of their diverse attacks and riposte, a great passive ability. I also like awareness and reflexes on him too. when i use a gladiator, I tend to go more with passive skills or bolas. Oh, by the way, check out my tactical warrior fansite, it's not done yet, but the link is below.

11. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    This is an incredible game. A really great find. I dismissed the game because I didn't like the aesthetic, and it looked too simplistic, but I was pleasantly surprised after trying the free version. The game is absolutely fantastic. My second favorite iOS game thus far. My most favorite is Battleheart, and this follows right after.

12. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    Tactical Warrior is my favorite game becuase it is turn based, unlike battleheart, and has lots of missions and fun. I still like battle heart though, but it isn't my favorite

13. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    I'm making a site, come visit it at this link
    http://tacticalwarriorclub.webs.com

It's not completely done yet, but you can get a taste for it. There are also forums there and details on some classes, items and how to get achievements. I'm just starting it though, so don't hate

14. Gguo

Gguo Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    CEO,Programmer,Uh.. All Thing [ one-man Company :)
    I want to nominate this game for GOTY of Toucharcade but I can't because I'm developer (of other game) :(

15. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks! I do appreciate the thought :)

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

You deserve it Jam thanks for making this great game, even though I swear the beast master dudes are a little underpowered especially there pets....

17. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    I think you may be right about the beast master. The party that starts with two of him and a coyote is VERY weak at the start, but this is partly because the coyote is weak at low levels before "potion fed" starts to be worth it.

I found, it is more difficult to balance characters when working only on a character pack instead of a full game because, with the full game, by the time everything else is done, I have had to play through the game tonnes with the characters and have had a lot of time to balance them in the background. With the expansion, after two weeks everything else is done, but the balance is still terrible.

I will probably tweak the beast master at some point. I just need to get a bit more time to play with him to tell which attack and passive in particular I should strengthen.

18. arc417

arc417 Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    ast. coach and student
    FRISCO
    Yeah I really want to use the beast master but he's so damn useless past the first act

I think a large overhaul might be necessary, in giving him abilities to summon pets with stamina, and making those summoned pets considerably stronger

Other than that great game! I also have to question the usefulness of the healer though.

Have you heard of ravens mark? It's a similar strategy game. I think that if you guys got together, with your solid combat and Rpg mechanics, and their impeccable graphic design animation and storytelling, you guys would be capable of making a truly legendary game

19. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    i disagree about the healer being useless.

i find myself picking him for almost every fight. he is a great ally to have. his long range attacks are great once you put a few levels into them.

here's how i distributed the points

level 20

quick shot 3
    staff sling 6
    healing potion 4

potion stock 5
    poetry 4

carrying oil of fury and Combat Tunic

poetry gives adjacent allies +16 stamina (at level 4)
    so having them in the back if they're not healing or using staff sling (which is very effective) they are giving stamina to the tanks.

20. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    Healers can be amazing, just give them blessing and staff sling along with maybe skill potion, reprisal potion and healing potion and they can rock. I like to use the poetry thing a lot also

I think that the beastmasters are pretty good. I started with the starting party of the two beastmasters and a coyote and they rock! I just focus on gettting the pets at high levels. I usually play on medium and I thought it was a pretty good balance. My favorite things with them is using beast growl.