iPad Tactical Warrior (by James Pawliuk)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ravenblack, Apr 26, 2011.

1. firetros

firetros Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Sadly, they only appear that one time in the game. I have played through the game 3 times since the update, and not a single new beast master class or ranger class by recruiting.

2. misaki anki

misaki anki Member

Sep 1, 2011
    well..i think you should do something with beast master:s pets..
    they really really too easy to die...
    well i don:t mean you should to remake them to a tank like the coyote,but at least i want them able to bear two or three arror volleys or flame potions or something like that...

3. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    When I use the pets, I usually focus on only the pets, not any of the beastmaster's attacks, so they can be strong, even so, I only use them for quickly atttacking my opponent and annoy them. For instance, a wardog has the attack headbutt, so i use that on my opponent in front of me, and then my dog lowers their armor and acts as a wall for beast master's immatereal bash, a great 5 hit melee attack, similiar to pummel, only stronger, and 2 range.

4. misaki anki

misaki anki Member

Sep 1, 2011
    yeah maybe you are right..
    i will try to lvl the beasts to lvl8 or higher, and bring a rally champion also a priests so maybe they can do the tank well lol

still i wanna bm skills work on those non-master beasts.. even half effect
    the coyote awaresome..

5. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    I agree coyotes are awesome. Archibald, a secret charactar in TW gets a pet coyote, with claw and nip, but not howl, but he and his pet are really strong.

6. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    Awesome serpent

I was just on the 3rd act and in one of my groups, the one with archibald, i got a serpent that was level 90! He can't get experience though, but he has the stats...

poison bite 8
    hiss 8
    ruggedness 6
    regeneration 4

The only thing he is good for is an achievement, on hard, where you need to get a level over 45. He's double that!

7. misaki anki

misaki anki Member

Sep 1, 2011
    just let another new warrior to replace that snake and you will find the new comer reaches lvl52...

the ranger loses his advantage in late games..
    or just because of the gladiator:s op xd

8. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    I did the same thing with a gladiator and got him to 52! Great strategy

9. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    I found another wierd thing in the game today... Instead of saying broad stamina for the rocketeer, it is just blank and then says the number of the skill, without any text.

10. Gguo

Gguo Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    CEO,Programmer,Uh.. All Thing [ one-man Company :)
    Bought Expansion!!! Restarted with ranger,beast master,warrior party :)

11. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    What do you guys think the best starting party would be?

12. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    Just a question to the maker of the game...
    Would it be possible or realistic to make it so any item you put on the beastmaster or archibald, works for their pet as well? I think it would be fair for archibald, but maybe some kind of reduction for the pets.

By the way, on the game, it shows a passive skill on beast masters pets called immaturity and it goes away as they level up. What does it do?

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Jam

I bought the expansion when it came out, love it. Please make another one but with like a shaman, paladin or something like that with heals! Omg I would pay $2.99 for that :cool:

14. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    There is a healer! Once you get to the second act you can get them and they are pretty good!

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

Shut up! Where do I get him? What class is he?

16. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    In the first stage he's rare, i can tell you where he is though, he is at the dueling grounds, battle dane, and that is through a blue gate, closer to the end of act one and it's description reads. "behind this gate lies many 1 on 1 battles." Hope I helped! He comes with the moves quick shot and staff sling, but does get once you level him up, heal potion, which heals about 20 damage at lv.1, reprisal potion, that heals allies and hurts enemies, and skill potion which gives whoever is in his range a 100% critical attack! Healers are great in comboes with jungleman, barbarians and especially other healers.

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    ?

Thanks man i will look for him after i start 5 new parties lolthis game feeds my need for alot of diff classes!

18. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    #358 firetros, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
    Glad I could help. theres more classes too, 16 to be exact, 13 if you don't have the expansion which is worth buying. By the way Amenbrother, what would be the coolest addition to put in Tactical warrior for you?

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011

Course I have the expansion, Ummm maybe different scenery and different classes, how bout mages and shamans and warlocks. Maybe a druid that can morph into other forms stuff like that.

20. Jamvert

Jamvert Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Possibly. In theory I think it should be pretty easy; I don't think I use anything in the code that won't work on 3.0, though I may be wrong.

Unfortunately, it is hard to test. The versions of xCode I have been using only lets me simulate 4.0 and up and the actual device I use for testing is a 2nd gen iPod, which uses 4.1(I think). To make matters worse I don't think any of the people who beta test for me have 1st gen devices :/

I might look on the internet at some point for workarounds. There may be ways to get the old simulators running in new xCode versions or a way to roll back the iOS on my iPod.

I don't know if I would say it is a glitch as much as I was a bit lazy when programming that bit :eek: Right now, the dog who has the name from the party screen is all that counts for survival. At some point I will probably fix this, when I think of a way that won't clutter the code too much.

This is a bug. The skill is supposed to give him a pet dog. I will try to have a fix for this submitted some time this week.

It is possible I will do a little tweaking to the beast master after my next play through with him on hard. I suspect that "Wild Strength" in particular may be too weak as well as some of the pet buffing attacks.

He will, however, always be a somewhat weak against units that focus on area attacks like flame potion and arrow volley. They are his main weakness.

It would be too over powered if the master's items worked for the pets. A helmet on the beast master and 4 pets would be unstoppable :D Also, I think Archibald is already really good.

Having items work like this is a powerful ability reserved for double dog. They are weak and this is their main advantage.

Those sound like decent classes and are definitely something worth considering if I do another expansion in the future. I should admit, however, that I am somewhat partial to a traveling player themed character pack.