iPad Tactical Warrior (by James Pawliuk)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ravenblack, Apr 26, 2011.

1. ScarecrowKing

ScarecrowKing Member

Oct 13, 2011
    I had to sign up for this site just because of this thread. I had already bought TW, and was looking for some strategy advice or just hints in general. I read all 30 pages, and its been a good read seeing the progression of the game to it's current form. Good to see a dev that is so active in responding personally to the fan base. Someone mentioned Gladius, and that is the type of game that I was hoping to find. I did. TW is fantastic. I'm only a few battles in due to having family responsibilities, but I am having a great time so far. I was initially put off by the graphics, but everyone else is right: it wouldn't be the same without their unique style. I saw someone mention wanting a guide to show what all the units and skills do, and I second that. A 'strategy guide' in pdf (or whatever format) would be extremely useful.

I support the request for new stuff as paid updates. As I said, I just started, but I can see so much potential for more units and arenas. I was kind of hoping for more fantasy-type units, such as dwarves, orcs, mages, etc., but I can deal with alchemists and rock-throwing badgers. Some 'dungeon' arenas, with corridors and rooms, might be fun too.

So, between this and Neuroshima Hex I now have to recharge my ipod twice a day now, and I think I can live with that. I appreciate the work and interaction you've put into this, and I can't wait to see some updates.

-Brian

2. xvzinjvx

xvzinjvx Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Anybody ever unlock Archibald and mind telling me how (either w/Reply or PM)?

I currently have 4 games on Act 2 trying to find him and I can guess "where" he is located but have not figured out how to "open" that area up.

LoL I almost wish I didnt know Archibald was unlock able! haha

3. Jamvert

Jamvert Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    There are just your 1 - 4 attacks that you see at the side. There is no basic attack that you are missing. Most warriors do have a at least one fairly basic attack that you might be able to obtain when they level up, but they don't always start with it.

The computer is probably using a fairly inexpensive attack while you are using more expensive attacks. Also, if you level up multiple different attacks on the same warrior, his maximum stamina will increase so he can go a little longer without resting.

I do know of someone who is thinking of starting a wiki. I will put a link to it once it is up.

In case no one has PMed you yet I will give you a hint. There are actually two locations you need to get to to get him.

4. Since87

Since87 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    hey jamvert,

i know it may be of an inconvenience..
    but please add more stuff dude. :eek:

5. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    lol, well I will try. I think, in a day or two, I might be waiting for the art to be ready on my current project, so I will start making the character pack for Tactical Warrior. It is going to take a little longer than I thought because the beast master is complicated, but I think he will be worth the effort.

6. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Will the character pack be an IAP? I hope not.

7. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    The character pack will be an IAP. Unfortunately I am not in a position where I can afford to do a few weeks work without pay.

8. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    A Tactical Warrior wiki has been started on wikia at: http://tacwarrior.wikia.com/wiki/Tacwarrior_Wiki. It isn't complete yet but the warrior classes that are done are certainly done in depth.

I send the bits of code that define all the stats to the guy who started it, so all the number should be right.

9. Zathrus

Zathrus Active Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Great! I was about to start one after working a good bit on a wiki for another iOS game.

10. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I look forward to giving you my money because you both need it and deserve it. TA needs to give this game some press imo -- especially considering how beneficial it is to them to have developers who interact with their fans.

11. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Yeah, I definitely should have started a wiki earlier, back when quite a few people were asking for a full skill list but I didn't have time to do a full thing myself.

Thanks :) It took me a bit longer than planned to get started on it, but it coming together now. The art is almost done, so I will probably post a teaser image here later today.

I think one reason why I have had trouble getting enough press in the past was that I didn't know to send proper press releases. When I was use Daily App Dream, they suggest sending a press release when your game goes free and as a result of Tactical Warrior's press release with that it got a review or two, on various sites, despite having been out for a long time now.

12. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    The main characters from the character pack, the ranger and the beast master:
    [​IMG]

13. Since87

Since87 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    :)

f'king awesome

14. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    can't wait. love your game!!

15. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Cool when this characters are available ?

16. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    It will probably be about one more week for me to finish off them and the update. Then it will probably be another two to eight days for Apple to approve it. I will let you know once it has been submitted.

17. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Well, it has taken me a little longer than expected, but the character pack is almost done now. There are just a few loose ends and a bit more play testing and balancing to do.

The beast master is a bit tricky to balance because he is quite a bit different than most of the existing classes.

[​IMG]

18. misaki anki

misaki anki Member

Sep 1, 2011
    glad to see this
    so the range will surely got some difference with archer right?

19. Jamvert

Dec 20, 2009
    Canada
    Yeah, the ranger is quite a bit different than the archer. He is tougher and more maneuverable but lacks the very long ranged bombardment-type attacks like volley of arrows. He also has some potion attacks.

20. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Cool looking forward