Tactical Soldier: Undead Rising trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by blikstad, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    A SWAT Team would be fantastic indeed! Like, a TBS Rainbow Six game - that was pretty much what Sabre Team was, which is a game I loved back on the Amiga.

You used Action Points to open doors, use flashbangs, use smoke grenades. You could crouch, crawl, form up on doors, clear rooms, rescue hostages, it was excellent. That's the sort of game I'd like to see, personally.

I just fear that shooting the same unarmed zombies over and over will get really tiring quite quickly?

2. GeorgPrime

GeorgPrime Member

Oct 30, 2010
    #82 GeorgPrime, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    Looks good.
    I kinda wished it wasn't about zombies again though..

3. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    For me, I really look forward to shooting zombies turn-based style. Good luck with your games launch.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Still not release date set? I've become skeptical about the developers marketing claim. For example, it doesn't seem much attention is spent here. What gives?

5. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I though I posted it. Official release date is March 30, sorry I forgot.

6. blikstad

blikstad Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Freelance artist and game developer.
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Yep, it's set for realease the 30th.
    Make sure you follow us on twitter or Facebook.

We'll be running some cool competitions there soon.... ;)

7. Thomas Lund

Thomas Lund Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    IT consultant and game developer
    Sweden
    Yeah - release date was set a few days ago on Facebook and Twitter. Will post things here too once in a while.

Every days from yesterday off there will be at least one post about something cool from the game. Will try to post some of the interesting bits here, but sign up for twitter/facebook and you'll be kept informed right away

/Thomas

8. Thomas Lund

Nov 17, 2008
    Sweden
    And on the zombie thing. Yes - we realize this isnt the first (or for that matter last zombie game). But zombies are a fun way to get the tech up running for other genres, and who doesnt like lots of mindless blood splattering on the walls from zombies getting a shotgun blast :D

From the FAQ on our website:

-----

Q: I dont like zombies, but I love turn based games. What to do?

Buy the game to support us, enjoy it anyways and then send us feedback on what kind of TBS you want to play :)

We have plans to make similar games like Tactical Soldier - Undead Rising but with a different setting. Knowing what people like to play will help us determine what to do next. And your money will help us realize that.

-----

I personally love space and aliens (looks over at his 3rd edition Space Hulk box) - but anything from pirates to swat to military is possible.

/Thomas

9. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    i want to give a hint...some of games of tbs type forgot to implement it ..

i hope in this game..when u press on the enemy u see all his power, attaks, health, movement

10. Thomas Lund

Nov 17, 2008
    Sweden
    Just wanted to post this here, as it might be somewhat interesting for you:

-----

We're throwing a pre-launch competition and are giving away 5 promo codes on Facebook & Twitter respectively the day before official launch!
    Participate in either or both of the Twitter and Facebook competitions to win 1 of total 10 promo codes and play Tactical Soldier -Undead Rising before anyone you know!

Follow us on http://twitter.com/TSURGame

Like us on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tactical-Soldier/209260789084269

11. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Not one post in the last 5 days. Had to search for the thread, but even forgot the game name.

So much for the wisdom behind delaying the launch.

12. Thomas Lund

Nov 17, 2008
    Sweden
    I'm sorry that you didnt sign up on Twitter and Facebook then or check the webpage.

There has been a handful of posts the last days on both.

Press release has gone out too and is being printed in lots of sites out there now, promo codes have gone out to various review sites etc.

For some reason the guys here on Touch Arcade have not even responded to emails, so while we would love them to run a preview or a review to keep you guys informed too, I cant help on that one. Its up to them what editorial content they want to write about. I still have hopes that they do review/preview the game.

Lots more content being posted constantly all over the internet - so please follow FB and Twitter. If for nothing else a chance to win a free copy of the game

/Thomas

13. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Sure, but the meat and potatoes of TouchArcade isn't the features, it's the forums. Just have a look @ SuperBrothers: S&S. The feature has a fraction of replies that are found in the forums.

Regardless, from a simple business perspective, every day that the product is not available, you're losing money. I move tens of thousands of dollars worth of product every month. Trust me. Your business model is broken.

Oh, well. I'll still be buying it.

14. NaughtHere

NaughtHere Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    You should instead be sorry that someone interested in your game is having trouble finding updates on it. This forum thread and your TA forums account are your official presence on this site. It's really up to you to keep people informed. It's not the fan's job to make sure they've signed up to specific websites for info, especially considering that you have a presence here. I, personally, would never follow a game on facebook or twitter. I come to this site for iOS game news.

15. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Hey, hey. Calm down people.

Look, we're not here to argue! We have our reasons for releasing our game when we are, lets just leave it at that. There's less than a week to the release now!

So, there, please get back on topic and talk about the actual game! :)
    I'll be here all week to keep you guys up to date.

First up; introducing our main characters.
    [​IMG]
    Come back tomorrow for the next piece...

16. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Ahh, your back. I gave up on this with the move to facebok-twitter as I just cant be arsed with that social media guff. Are we still on for a release date of the 30th, or have the oracles of marketing decided on another date?

17. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Yep, yep. Release date is set. Nothing going to change that now.

18. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
  19. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    What made you decide to only have 3 characters to control, instead of a larger group? Even though the flow of game moves faster, I prefer more characters to add more tactical options (i.e. splitting up your characters into smaller squads, etc.)

20. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    We did tests with more units, but it simply wasn't any fun.
    Our design is more focused and works much better with a small group, and smaller/tighter levels. (primarily because most, but not all, of our enemies attack by melee and you have ranged weapons).