Tactical Soldier: Undead Rising trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by blikstad, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Lund

Thomas Lund Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    IT consultant and game developer
    Sweden
    Yeah - no twinkies for us :-(

Little news:
    We spend the last weeks discussing the game with publishers, but it ended up being a dead end. They wanted to spend time on high profile IP instead of niche titles - fair enough. But it cost us almost a month that we had not planned for.

So in short - we went out and announced this title too early here calendar time wise.

With that said, we are finishing the last known bugs this week as well as adding some ambient music to the gameplay.

But we will not be able to get the game released in time for xmas :-( But shortly after - thats the plan at least :)

Some new stuff was added per request of the publishers that has made the game a little more sexy.
    - action camera when the zombies take their turn, which pans around and shows the combat in a more cinematic way
    - glow around door frames to show if they are locked or not
    - made the game a lot harder at the end of campaign 1
    - improved UI crispness (but at the cost of supporting 3g / 2nd gen touch due to memory restrictions)

So stay with us - and thanks for your continued interest!!! It IS appreciated.

/Thomas

2. dirttyplaya

dirttyplaya Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Birmingham UK
    this game looks so shitttttttt people

3. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Active Member

Nov 2, 2010
    That's sad, i'm looking forward to this release. I think this game got real potential, turn-based zombie strategy sounds awesome to me! Keep up the good work!

4. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    #44 Marcus70, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
    Disappointed I will not be able to play this on my ipod 2G. Will you make it an universal app for IPAD owners?

5. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    IMHO you r an assssssss so stop Talking shit man if you dont like the game Keep your mouth close.

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    No 2G compatibility? That's a pretty huge bummer right there... I was really looking forward to this one, but in that case, I won't even be able to play it.

Maybe you guys should offer graphics options for those on lower end devices. If we can turn off the UI sharpness (as you put it, not quite sure what exactly you mean by that), allowing all devices a shot at such an awesome looking game.

If you guys are having a beta, you should definitely get some people in there with 2G iPods and iPhone 3G's in there to completely rule it out as a possibility.

7. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Awww, geez fellas. Won't this run on my Casioppea?

*chortle*

8. Thomas Lund

Nov 17, 2008
    Sweden
    Definitely investigating what we can cut out to allow 2g touch/3g phone to run it in some form.

We simply got too much audio and full screen story animation that eats memory. But lets see - might be able to lower quality / remove music and get it down. Not given up on it yet.

/Thomas

9. master lee

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    One way or the other i will have this litle gem in my ipad so i expect the best from you guys keep up the good job..........lol:D:D:D

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    If you have to cut a few things out, it's completely fine. I just want to be able to play this game.

And like I said, some beta testing should help a lot. It's solved a lot of issues in games I've tested before.

11. master lee

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    I think I'm about to get mess up I want this game now...........lol

Btw Thomas excellent work you and the team man!!!!!!!!

12. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
    Have you decided whether or not older iOS will be able to play this?

13. pablo6630

pablo6630 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    looks like great game ...when this will be out?

14. Thomas Lund

Nov 17, 2008
    Sweden
    It feels like its been ages. But we are finally ready in time for GDC. TacSol went gold, our website is up (www.tacticalsoldier.com), twitter account @TSURGame created and we will submit the game to Apple tomorrow for review.

Cross fingers and hopefully we have the game in the store very soon after some marketing/PR stuff.

/Thomas

15. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
    Hi Thomas, have you decided whether or not older ipod/iphones devices will be able to play this?
    Looking forward to playing :)

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Congratulations! Hope I can pick this up soon.

17. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    How much will the price point be for Tactical Soldier: Undead Rising? Also, how big is the file size uncompressed?

I need to set aside budget and size... but anytime there's turn based strategy goodness (with zombies never-the-less) I'll be in line.

18. master lee

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    This is excellent news Thomas thanks man!!!

19. Thomas Lund

Nov 17, 2008
    Sweden
    Version 1 unfortunately will be 3gs+ - we simply could not get the memory usage down to something that runs on 3g and older devices. We will try again after version 1 ships and we got campaign 2 out the door.

Price point and size. It is not fully decided yet, but we are talking about $4.99 and then make it universal. Final decisions will be made after GDC. Size wise its a 50 mb zip before Apple adds their DRM. So best guess is 55-60 mb in file size.

Also the game will come out as PC+Mac standalone some months after the iOS release. We will give the UI and art a little love first. No promises on availability dates or price point on that one.

Best
    Thomas

20. olio

olio Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Can't wait either :)