Tactical Soldier: Undead Rising trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by blikstad, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Lund

Thomas Lund Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    IT consultant and game developer
    Sweden
    Well - zombies for now. Love zombie games, but no reason to not make follow up games or campaigns with other enemies. Notice how the name doesnt say zombies exclusively ;-)

# levels - campaign 1 has 8 levels and we clock around 5-6 hours gameplay at the moment. But that also depends on what paths you take and how fast you progress through some of the levels.

Random levels - not in version 1.0. We decided to go for a heavy story driven 1st campaign with animations and lots of exciting persons/enemies/boss fights. Earlier attempts (Monster Ball) with no story didnt go so well. But its definitely something I personally would like to play with after release.

Co-op multiplayer - another not in 1.0. The game internally utilizes networking similar to Monster Ball (www.monsterball.net), so its something already designed with that in mind. Either vs or co-op or both - or neither if no one buys the game.

Beta testing - for now we do internal runs + friends. But soon we will talk with publishers and see what they want us to do. Will keep you posted here.

Other random info
    - game features a RPG like drop system with cool items that upgrade your unit stats. E.g. gloves that give you +1 AP and similar.

- you gain xp while playing and earn skill points that you can upgrade your unit stats in the direction you want them to progress

/Thomas

2. blikstad

blikstad Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Freelance artist and game developer.
    Uppsala, Sweden
    #22 blikstad, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
    Edit: hah, doh... looks like Thomas beat me to it... oh well, will let my reply below stand anyway. :D

The first campaign have 8 different levels, with a handful of objectives on each one. May not sound like an awful lot, but it's going to take you a pretty good amount of time to play through, especially if you watch all of the almost 200 comic book cutscene panels that tell the story...

The plan is definitely to expand on the number of levels after release too.

Not with the first campaign, these 8 levels follow a fairly linear story and will serve as an "introduction" to the world/back story/characters, with more levels (both "campaign"-based and skirmish type levels) added later.

Not sure we'll ever have fully random levels (it's difficult making pretty things randomly :D), but we will at least have more levels added.

No multiplayer planned at the moment. We've done that before though (see our previous game Monster Ball) and the backend of the code does technically support it, so might happen further down the line.

Thank you! We're doing what we can to please. :)
    Testing is currently being done internally, but that will most likely change at some point. We'll let you all know when the time comes.

3. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Both version of the game iPad and iPhone will be out the same time??????????

4. Thomas Lund

Nov 17, 2008
    Sweden
    That will be up to the potential publisher to decide finally.

We do have both versions running though!!

/Thomas

5. master lee

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    thanks again for the help Thomas Lund im looking forward 4 both version!!!!!!!!!

6. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Looking forward to this! Been over 15 years since I played any turn based goodness, and this looks great.

And thanks for having an iPad version ready too. :)

7. master lee

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Me 2 man it's been a long time since I played a good turn based and now I will have this one with zombies YES YES YES..........lol:D:D:D:D:D

8. olio

olio Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Any news?

9. master lee

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    I'm about to loose my mind where is this game????????

10. Thomas Lund

Nov 17, 2008
    Sweden
    Hey guys!!

Thanks for keeping us on our toes and showing your interest.

We are in the final stages of the menu system. Its takes us much longer than planned to create the best menu system we could think up. But on the other hand we love it and hope you will too. Still some screens to finish up though, as we came up with a different UI theme than whats shown ingame at the moment. So have to adjust that to be coherent.

As we didnt promise any deadline, we dont see this as a delay. But it will naturally put extra time on the release date in the end from your point of view. Sorry about that :)

But while waiting, we could maybe take a small discussion about "beyond 1.0" features. We've hit up on a few here already, but I'd really love to hear what you value most.

Some ideas - shoot away with your additions and points of view on the stuff I list below:

* After release we can either focus on adding more campaigns/missions within the current enemy type (zombies). So more linear story gameplay.

* We could add more enemy types in the undead category.

* Coop gameplay so you can battle together with a friend

* Duel gameplay so you can play vs. a friend

* Integration with social networks (openfeint etc)

* Random skirmish type missions to keep the game alive after completing the campaign (and until we add more campaigns)

* Base building (think xcom bases adding R&D trees, barracks for more soldiers etc)

* ???? <--- insert your pet turn based game feature

/Thomas

11. master lee

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    well actually i love undead category so i like to see more zombie types in next update!!!!!

12. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    * After release we can either focus on adding more campaigns/missions within the current enemy type (zombies). So more linear story gameplay.

More is always better. :)

* We could add more enemy types in the undead category.

I like.

* Coop gameplay so you can battle together with a friend

I really like.

* Duel gameplay so you can play vs. a friend

I Kinda like.

* Integration with social networks (openfeint etc)

I don't care.

* Random skirmish type missions to keep the game alive after completing the campaign (and until we add more campaigns)

I really like.

* Base building (think xcom bases adding R&D trees, barracks for more soldiers etc)

WhooHoo! I really really like this! Loved Xcom, and it and Jagged Alliance 2 are still my all time favorites.

* ???? <--- insert your pet turn based game feature

I'm sure I'll have lots of ideas after a couple of hours with the game. Did I mention how much I'm looking forward to some turn-based greatness? :)

Thanks Thomas!!

13. master lee

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    dear developers what hapen no info no more news about this awesome game have a litle mercy i need this game desperate and so many other gamers!!!!!!!!!!!

14. blikstad

blikstad Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Freelance artist and game developer.
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Hey, hey! We're still alive!
    Working through the last bits of the GUI now before starting proper play testing and balancing, not there yet, but getting closer every day.

I'll leave you with a couple of screens just because I'm such a nice guy. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. master lee

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    awesome you make me a very happy person................lol

16. master lee

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Dear developers where r you where is the game r you still alive is the game still alive???

17. WontonsiPodHelp

WontonsiPodHelp Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Reminds me of Killzone: Liberation for the PSP. Hope it's looks great on the iTouch. :)

18. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    If the game launches with a skirmish mode I am sold.

19. master lee

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    I am sold any way but i dont hear any news or any info for a month now from the developers???

20. master lee

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Great another month whith no news or any info:(:(:(:(:(:(:(