Universal Tactical Soldier - Undead Rising (by Full Control ApS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 29, 2011.

1. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Just bought the game last night, and from what little i have played so far, i'm very impressed. Nicely done graphics, and the engine runs pretty smoothly. Looking forward to getting properly stuck into the zombie hordes after work tonight!

2. Whitewolf99

Whitewolf99 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    loving the game, exactly my cup of tea.
    had a very strange glitch yesterday (but with a happy end): after the checkpoint 4 in chapter 4 i made my way to the elevator and one of my men died because i refused to use a medpack so close to the elevator. loaded from checkpoint and everything was normal.
    but after exiting the game, opening it and pressing continue i was in the elevator at the beginning of chapter 4 without jack, who died. so i had only two of the three men i should have at that point. don't know what would had happened if i would have continued from there.
    exited the game again, started the checkpoint 4-4 from the campaign-menu and everything was back to normal. have no idea how that glitch happened...
    was so puzzled that i forgot to make a screenshot.

3. blikstad

blikstad Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Freelance artist and game developer.
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Ooh... I step away for less than a day to do some "recovery" :D
    And now there's all sorts of nice things being said here (and in the itunes reviews!); THANKS EVERYONE!

I know Thomas already said it, but it bears saying again, we REALLY appreciate all the nice comments! Keep it coming.

4. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Hmmmppf... that doesn't sound good at all. We're definitely looking into this. Good that it got sorted at least. Thanks for reporting.

5. Maxime Briand

Maxime Briand Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    TBS apocalypse!

Wow, this game is REALLY good. I wasn't sure what to expect when it came out, but it turns out that this is an incredible experience and, as others have said it before, a real zombie survival game as much a a tactical RPG!

Managing equipment and ammo, gauging distances to make sure I don't waste any shots, and assigning skill points correctly... plus it's nice to find a challenging game once in a while... already died twice (including the bug reported by Whitewolf99 once)! Oh, and random drops for extra customization? I'm in gaming heaven!

The 3D environments are really looking good, and having full control over the camera is a welcome addition. The drawn story sequences are also pretty nice, and do a great job of moving the story forward... but I did find that some human characters lacked details compared to the rest of the pictures sometimes, however, nothing major. Personally I loved the app icon too, though I would have preferred the shortened name displayed to be "TSUR" instead of "TacSol" maybe?

@blikstad / Thomas Lund, I have a few suggestions now... but please take what I say with a grain of salt, those are just some thoughts I had while playing! :rolleyes:
    • The fact that you can't reload whenever you want also bothered me a little... Maybe a good way to keep the balance of the game would be to allow manual reload (with the usual AP cost), but with the disadvantage that you would lose the ammo still left in the loaded magazine? It would give you an additional tactical choice that way.
    • While the levels, so far, always started inside an elevator and gave you the time to trade equipment between squad members that way, it would be nice to have access to your equipment in-between missions... to plan skill points allocation better, make some trades more easily, etc.
    • So far, the close-range weapons have never appeared as an interesting choice for me because whenever I found those weapons, I had plenty of ammo... then again, it seems that now that I need ammo, I haven't found one. Maybe it's just the timing and the way those weapons have been introduced that's a little off? (Then again, maybe it's just me :p)
    • In the same way that skills display base stat and bonus from items in parenthesis (a small but really thoughtful detail btw), could you have the same thing for item bonuses applied to weapons?
    • The achievements in Game Center gave some (slight, but still) spoilers about who would turn into a zombie... I think there's a way to keep those texts secret until you actually earn an achievement!
    • As for the in-game achievements menu, maybe a distinctive color/border/whatever on the icon so I know which level I earned so far, instead of having to select each one individually? Okay, I'm getting really picky now... I'll stop, promise! ;)
    • More levels! More campaigns! More more more... brains! Okay, I'm just enjoying myself too much, I'm not even done with the campaign so... good work guys!

6. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    I would just like to say that I think it's great that the developer is making regular contributions to this thread and responding to customer questions and feedback. It's a very good sign and should, hopefully, result in a great gaming experience for customers.

7. Whitewolf99

Whitewolf99 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    @blikstad: no problem. if i can help you investigate it in any way, just shoot me a pm.

8. ndruha

ndruha New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Game developer
    Thank you for the nice feedback :) For the close-range weapons, I have completed the game with chainsaw, and it was just very dangerous and helpful weapon in Jack's hands up to the end :)

9. Black Hive Media

Black Hive Media Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Congrats on the release Thomas and Magnus! :D

10. socalkdg

socalkdg Active Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Purchased last night. Very impressed. I buy a lot of games that I end up not playing, but this one kept me up until 11:45 last night. Looks and runs great on the iPad. I enjoyed it much more than Hunters. Thanks for the great game.

11. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Featured on Under the Radar for Slidetoplay... a review would have been better but still... and also, a couple people commented there on the game so... and I commented telling them GLWG should have been there ;) Both games deserve it :D

12. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    We'll let you know if we need any more info once we've had a chance to reproduce the issue (just have to start dying a lot I guess! :D).

13. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    if u press on the enemy does it show u his motion range / health / attack>>????

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    No, and I'm glad it doesn't. Knowing so much info about the zombies would really take away from the horror aspect of the game -- fear of the unknown and all.

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    A high spot on the featured list by Apple :].

16. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Yep, noticed! Thank you apple. :D

17. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Really enjoying this so far!!! Will be writing a review about it soon :)

Funny thing is I don't even like TBS!

18. badbadname765

badbadname765 Member

Feb 27, 2011
    it must be good. I'll think about it...

19. briogame

briogame Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    This game is simply amazing!
    Hats off!

20. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    mmmmmm...i dont think so....i think this will weak the strategic point?? if i dont know at least the motion range so i can position my units .. and his attack power to know if my unit will do or survive

but i dont know