iPhone Table top rpg experience, online?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by pope22, Aug 25, 2010.

1. pope22

pope22 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2008
    I've always been fascinated by table top RPGs, however I don't know to many others who are. I've seen the emergence of table top aids for the iPad in the app store, but is there any word on a tabletop experience game that includes online multiplayer support? Any suggestions on current games that my resemble this sort of experience? Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Max_TO

Max_TO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Very interesting , can you perhaps list some of the games that do exist that you would like to see as an app?

3. pope22

pope22 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Dungeons & Dragons, Shadowrunner, and Vampire: The Masquerade all come to mind right off the bat. Seeing apps like RPG Cartographer, and Battle Maps (i think i got that app name correct) seem to be a good starting point for the GUI. With the addition of other tools necessary (dice rolling, char sheets, rule framework, etc.) and a social component for organizing games, I think it could be enjoyable. Granted I am in no way a developer so it may be far more difficult than I realize.....oh and while I'm dreaming, why not utilize the built in mic and speakers for voice chat between players and DM?

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    What we really need is an iPhone/iPad version of Klooge Werks.