Universal Table Top Racing: World Tour - Nitro Edition (by Playrise Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Nov 26, 2019.

1. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    old school gamete here and tried apple arcade and love the overall idea and even like playing several of the games but I have no time to play games anymore and even $60 a year which I have to admit is a good price compared to the console game prices I paid through my PS3 life...

the reality is not having time to play games, already a large backlog of other premium games makes it hard for me to continue using Apple Arcade for now....

I wish some of their games were able to be bought as premium as well since I in the end will likely never have time to play games with a 2 year old daughter now and instead will stick to premium games! I have always detested IAP not to be unfair to developers but just my mindset is premium or not interested.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, it's a little disheartening to see this thread lose steam now that all of the launch issues have been fixed. :( Still scratching that "Just one more race and I'll stop x infinity" itch for me, and I suspect I'm going to be getting some incredible mileage from TTRWT given just how much there is to do. Give this one your attention, folks!

3. nburcombe

nburcombe Well-Known Member

#123 nburcombe, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Well thanks for you encouragement chap. It was a rocky start but I think we are pretty stable at the moment. I'm still investigating reports from some one about iPhone 7 and a single report on iPad. Which is very odd because it means that it working on every other iPad. It works perfectly on the iPhone 7 Simulator provided by Apple and so I'm scratching my head a little. What I think we will try to do is lower the music sample rate a little to try and decrease the memory footprint. We will also get the Android version out soon too but just a couple of changes needed on there.

metalcasket likes this.
  4. nburcombe

nburcombe Well-Known Member

#124 nburcombe, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Hi all, just to let you know we are still working on another update 1.4.8. Should be nicer from a usability point of view, it's in progress still, but I just wanted you to know we are still addressing some issues you guys have mentioned here.

- Adding nose pitch control via device tilting for iOS devices - this is so you can pull the nose up after a jump and smooth out your landings.

- Tweaks to the menus and HUD layout for iOS devices with a notches - relocated minimap and Pause buttons. Also moved some items in the menus so they are easier to see on iPhone X.

- Tweaks to the touch screen input that so accidental touches of the weapon button, when you meant to do steering, translates into steering anyway, after the weapon is launched.

- Tweaks to the straight line braking so you can control your speed better. Press both edges simultaneously to do straight line braking and control your speed into tight bend or over big jumps.

- Fixed a misplaced collision box on Chopshop level.

- Fixed post-race accidental exit to Main Menu

- Fixed the camera returning to default Main Menu camera when browsing paint schemes.

- Fixed missing sound effect when you drive through an Acid bath.

- Adjusted music quality to help lower memory footprint, hope it helps with iPhone 7 and iPad Pro reports.

- Adjust some of the hardest challenges to try make it fairer for touchsceen players.

5. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey, does this have local multiplayer? Using 2 iPads?

6. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #126 Son of Anarchy, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    This is heavily discounted at the moment & IMO definitely worth picking up if you like what you see. You’ll feel like you stole it at this price.

Edit: Sale discount finished.

agreen437 and decript like this.
  7. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Just got this

8. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    Its a brilliant game and it is also playable on the Apple TV!!

9. RealisticArcadeSimulator

RealisticArcadeSimulator Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2018
    I just don't get why this game looks worse on my ipad 2018 that the first game on an iphone 4s...in game reflections/lighting are very muted compared to the old game, which I still have on that old phone. I also don't get why it's 3gb?

10. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    If the dev still reads this place: Any chance of a visually bumped up version like Feral did with Grid Autosport? Last update was almost a year ago.

11. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    Anyone knows if this dev still exists/works?

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, someone is paying their Apple Developer license ;). They don’t seem to have posted anywhere since 2021, though.

13. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    #133 RealisticArcadeSimulator, Feb 1, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    Okay, thanks for looking into this.
    I tried to approach him to have the game updated to perform better on newer devices because right now the old ttr premium looks better on an old ipad mini 1 than this on an ipad air 5. No update came out since 2020 May.
    I feel like the game should at least look like it's console counterpart. It's not like these graphics were burning up a ps4...

Attached Files:

• ttr.jpg
      ttr.jpg
      File size:
      326.2 KB
      Views: