Universal Table Top Racing: World Tour - Nitro Edition (by Playrise Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Nov 26, 2019.

1. nburcombe

nburcombe Well-Known Member

#101 nburcombe, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    The touch screen edge issue is fixed and in review now. Hopefully it will get passed quickly and no further trouble.

2. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    I noticed one more thing that’s buggy. I can’t reset my progress with Reset button in settings.

3. nburcombe

#103 nburcombe, Dec 2, 2019
    Orly? Ok. I will look into that too. It was working yesterday. Game dev is hard. :)

Workaround: you can put the device in airplane mode and reset and it won't instantly grab the saved game from iCloud - which is what is happening. Start the new game, buy a car and then you can turn the airplane mode off.

4. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Thx for fixing the audio issue! Keep up the good work!

5. nburcombe

If anyone else wants to reset their game and start again, iCloud is actually a little bit "too fixed". It'll grab your game from the cloud almost instantly and so best to out your device in airplane mode, reset the game. Start again offline and buy your first car again and then turn the wifi/LTE back on.

I'll fix it but I need a few days rest - sorry about the tough launch but if you enjoy the game please leave a review so we can fix those scores.

Thank you all for your patience.

And if you are not getting new stars showing in the championship events screen after a win. Just close the app and open it again. Strange foible.

6. nburcombe

#106 nburcombe, Dec 2, 2019
    Ok thanks for the heads-up on the issues with not being able to gain the trophy and progress to the next championship. This is nuts. That code hasn't been touched since PS4 days so I've no idea why this is happening now. we've never seen this bug before and we will be getting a fix together tomorrow. How frustrating. This particular bug was not happening on staurday. I was happily playing through the championship with not issues. Sorry guys. These things happen in indie dev sometimes. More resources needed.

edit: Ok,I've found a workaround so you can continue with the championship, but at the moment, I don't know what will happen to game progress once we fix this. But if you did want to continue playing past the first championship you can turn on airplane mode and you will win your trophies etc. Over-zealous iCloud fix

7. dd666

dd666 Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Australia
    Just the non pro 9.7” iPad 128gb. Played a solid hour yesterday without an issue. Has reset 3 times to the Apple logo in the last half hour.
    Still loving the game though. Thanks for the audio fix.

8. nburcombe

#108 nburcombe, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Restarting the device? Just TTR? That's possible something else. A thermal issue with your device perhaps? We've had any other reports of this.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I think I’m going insane. I’ve checked the last few pages multiple times and can’t find the comments about not being able to progress through championships other than yours, Nick. Are we talking all championships or just the first one? Also, the final trophy part of the championships or just general progression? I ask because I’m on the third tier of races in the Piston Grand Prix and I’m still collecting stars with seemingly no issue. *shrugs*

10. nburcombe

What's happening is that you complete a race or a championship and the game is returning to the main menu, but it's failing to do the local save before the iCloud sync in that process and so when you get back, it's then see's the iCloud save and pulls it in. Which of course is the problem with progression. This bug was hidden by the other iCloud bug. Solve one, unearth another. If you want to make progression, you can put the device in airplane mode and play offline...however, I need to check with my programmer whether, after the update, the offline progression will be safe and sync correctly. Some testing to do before we push this one up.

You are likely to face an issue at some point. I've been also able to do some progress on the single events, but I'm also getting stuck on the trophy not being awarded and therefore not unlocking the next.

11. nburcombe

#111 nburcombe, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    This fix is a beast of a job. Been on it for 14 hours solid (over two days) and we have completely re-written the iCloud system. Gonna be a late one

12. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for all your efforts on this, the left control problem now seems fix on my iPhone 11 Pro Max but I've only had time for one race so far.

But thanks again for all your hard work on these problems

13. nburcombe

No problem man. No one wants to fix this quicker than I.

Epic day today. Started at 7am, it's now 11pm and we've managed to re-write the entire icloud system for a little more robustness. It's that Russian-Doll type of bug....you think you've found it and reveals a more fiddly one inside, then you solve that and whaddya know...there's another...well you get the picture.

I've still got some more testing to do of the new system - but so far it works well and its clear if you're about to overwrite your saved game in the cloud or overwrite your local save...it'll be your choice....and all this stems from fixing the blocker on the trophy award and the issue of trying to reset your game too. Sorry our initial testing wasn't quite right.

Just doing non-dev builds now to make sure they work in the real world...I'm feeling positive. No doubt there will be some fringe activty that monkeys around with it, but for most people (who don't work in professional QA for a living), this should be a decent fix for regular use across multiple devices.

Let's get you back online and iCloud's saving and then we can finally get to talk about some of the secrets depths and nuances about the game....and maybe I can have a few rounds online with ya'll.

For those wondering, I am wanting to put some alternative control methods back into the game, but I promise you, I tried many and the edge steering is the most playble under pressure. But maybe having the choice is a good thing and i can find the time and money to do it. Its on the list, but stability first right? :)

Thanks for your patience again.

Nick

14. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Would love if we could get a smaller download size for this. I have a lot of games in my backlog and Apple Arcade so 3 GB is a lot of real estate to give up. :)

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Not just that. I'd kill for delta updates to be released instead of having to download all 1.4 GB every time. :(

16. nburcombe

#116 nburcombe, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    I've excluded the the debug symbols for 1.4.6 and hopefully that reduces the size...as I say the Android version splits the symbols out into a zip file by default with Gradle and that has really brought the file size down on that platform to about 1.05gb. But Xcode builds things very things differently from what I can make out, and as a non-programmer, I can't really claim to know what the symbolistic files do except give us feedback on any crashes...but I thought 'well, Toucharcade community so far have been way more understandable to me on the bug side' and so to respond to the size issue - I'm trying to exclude the symbols in the hope it will reduce the overall install size. Don't kill me though - I'm experimenting - so forgive me if it doesn't. At the moment, I don't have the time or money to rebuilding the game in "App Bundles" and host chunks of the game on a custom server until customers need them - but that is modern development - I'm realistic and this is definitely Indiedev.

Thanks for your support btw. I'm try to improve things over time.

anthony78 likes this.
  17. nburcombe

#117 nburcombe, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    Totally understand that...patching would be much nicer and we WILL, I hope, get to that point. starting with 1.4.6....in submission now, Hopefully we have some stability now, so I need to take a little time out and decide how we get to that user friendly Patching state. I'm pretty exhausted to be fair - a string of 14 hours days is not easy at my age. I hope 1.4.6 is smooth sailing. It has been well behaved across my tvOS and iOS devices - but the real world...well....I'm sure you will all keep me posted. :) good night folks - 1.4.6 is submitted.

For those who download before they read the release notes - if you DO get a pop-up saying that iCloud is in conflict, please choose your local save and all should be well.

Your "most progressed local game" will be pushed to the iCloud and so far, from the 4 devices I've tested across....it's pretty smooth sail after that (in the dev sandbox). If you ever find yourself making game offline game progressions (maybe a plane or bus or out of wifi zone) when you do get back online with your device, you will see the "Cloud Conflict" popup, but just choose the more advanced saved game and all should sync fine after that. If you're using a controller, the popup's cursor will automatically select the "most time spent" between the local and iCloud saves so you can basically just click through unless you want to go back to the last time it synched.

Other than initial ping after the update (which may or may not happen based on how you've been playing it) and offline game progression - it shouldn't bother you too much and you can hop between iPad, iPhone, Apple TV at will and carry on where you left off.

Speak soon - thanks for your patience guys.
    N

18. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Any chance Switch version could have alt controls at some point? I bought it but never could play it cos I couldnt use gas/brake on right stick

19. nburcombe

You'll have to ask Greenlight Games the Publisher. Playrise isn't dealing with that build anymore. Sorry I can't help any further. What would your preference be? Triggers for gas/brake?

20. dd666

dd666 Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Australia
    Yes, just TTR. Never had this problem before