Universal Table Top Racing: World Tour - Nitro Edition (by Playrise Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Nov 26, 2019.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Yeah, could just be an issue for larger iPhone X/XS/11 users.

2. nburcombe

nburcombe Well-Known Member

I can try that on the next build for sure. So if you play with your thumbs about half way up the screen and you can touch on the notch etc....are you still finding it going dead?

3. nburcombe

I've made a change at the iCloud end - can anyone confirm that it is now working? I see two devices working correctly here. About to test a third.

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Occasionally, yes. Seems mostly when I’m trying to turn left that it may not register. Not all the time but it happens and, of course, can be frustrating when you slam into something because of it. :)

5. nburcombe

#85 nburcombe, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    I've got an iPhone X here and so I have a long play of it and see if I can replicate what you're seeing. I've not had much trouble with it....which side is the notch on for you? I normally play with it on my left...but I'm left handed so I don't know which way you turn your device naturally.

I'm just wondering if it's not the touch screen, but the deferred screen edge touches in unity. We deferred the edge to require two touches like most apps so that mini-swipes don't accidentally minimise the app...but I'll see if I can replicate what you're seeing here (I haven't so far) and then see if, in a development build, I can see if I can improve it from the Unity settings side. I've increased the two panel sizes for left and right touches and so they almost touch in the middle.

Edit...interesting, I've also found that the brake anchoring isn't correct and it jumps underneath the weapons button. This could cause conflict. I'm just trying a fix now. Hopefully this fixes it and it behaves as it should.

Edit - ok found it. Left and right edges were set to deferred. I've left it as top and bottom only now so this plays much better. I'll try and fix the audio issue before I do another submission. But we are getting there. Sorry guys - you were never meant to be beta testers...you deserve a fully working game.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Heeeeey, you fixed it! :D No prompt and there’s no more cloud icon in the options menu.

*whispers* Volume issue persists. *notices you brought it up and runs away*

7. nburcombe

#87 nburcombe, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    I think I've found that too. ;) And bizarrely its a setting in the project settings we have never had ticked, but when we added UIKit for something else, it seems to have ticked itself. Grrrr. 3rd party plugins eh? Ah well. I'll be able to confirm shortly if that is indeed the issue.

Ok, that was indeed the issue. Volume now loud and proud.

metalcasket likes this.
  8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Instead of being elated, I'm like "Wait, why is this guy still working on the ****ing weekend!?!" :p

Really though, appreciate all the hard work, dude. :)

9. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Game is perfectly working but no sound effects or music at all, even at 100% in the options.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, awesomeness!

Look above! It's been fixed. ;) And haha, it's there but you need to practically stick your phone in your ear right now. :p

11. nburcombe

It's premium and you've already paid for it - I am not comfortable with the bugs blocking you from just enjoying the game fully. It is therefore an obligation on my side to fix it asap. It's good for you guys - it's good for Apple's confidence in our commitment and it's the right thing to do. I know it's Sunday night - but there are some things I've discovered I can fix without a programmer...I've been able to fix, iCloud, Audio bug caused by a third party plugin and the touchscreen issue related to X products...all without needing a programmer :) (surprised myself a bit)

metalcasket likes this.
  12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    That's absolutely understandable, but I mean, you're here with us being 200% transparent. It's not like there are issues with the game (or we've got a query about something...AHEM MR. APPLE KNIGHT DEVELOPER!!!) and we're trying to get in touch with you and are being ignored (AHEM MR. APPLE KNIGH--you get it). I don't think I speak for myself when I say that 99.9% of this community appreciates that and, knowing that you're aware of these issues and are actively trying to fix them, would want you to enjoy weekend too. :)

13. nburcombe

Doing a new build now chap. This fixes the audio bug.

14. nburcombe

I've actually had a good weekend and I still get some fixes done too. I'd rather we ended up talking about some of the game more hidden features and pro-tips that can get those leaderboards working for you all. At the moment, I just want to get the opening experience bug free.

metalcasket likes this.
  15. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks a lot! Game is great!

16. dd666

dd666 Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Australia
    Love this game but I’m having a couple of issues. Three times now whilst playing my iPad has just reset. Twice during races and once in a menu screen. Also AirPods don’t seem to work for me. They are working fine until I launch the game then nothing, not even in the control centre.
    Is there any chance of more controller config options? Like brake and accelerate on the shoulder buttons.
    6th gen iPad iOS 13.2.3 using rotor riot wired controller.

17. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for fixing this and I'm glad you have got this sort out and I look forward to the fix, in the mean time I'm playing on my tiny iPhone SE even if I can't read the text with my old failing eyes lol

18. nburcombe

#98 nburcombe, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Which ipad are you using. I have an iPad Air 6th gen here and I've not experienced it vacating to the home page, but I'll run some more tests for sure.

Version 1.4.5 is in review now and that should fix your audio issue.

I did a control method a while back with accelerate and brake on shoulders. I actually found it really hard to play on the Steelseries Nimbus in particular, but once I've confirmed that all the recent bug are fixed in the real world rather than dev world, I can take a look at some alternative control methods too.

Thanks for your patience.

Nick

19. nburcombe

Sadly with the SE being the smallest screen, I've not been able to find a good compromise. The fonts have to scale to all screen sizes and the SE gives me the least amount of screen real estate to play with. Having to find a layout that works for the SE and all the other 13 devices, plus Apple TV up to 4k has been a nightmare job. Everything I've tried has ended up with various items across multiple front end screen clashing or becoming inoperable.

I'm not sure what I can about this issue at the moment sadly.

20. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    That’s ok I’m only using the iPhone SE until the left control not working is fixed as I have an iPhone 11 pro max as well which is what I will he playing it on. Thanks for all your hard work I’m fixing these bugs