Universal Table Top Racing: World Tour - Nitro Edition (by Playrise Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Nov 26, 2019.

1. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Update is out!! Downloading it now.

nburcombe likes this.
  2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Guys, can we talk about how abso-bleeping-lutely phenomenal drifting is in TTR? I honestly don't recall if it was in the first TTR, but yeah, just plain nuts. So much fun.

Look, I know that GRID Autosport and the Rush Rally games are heralded as the best racing games on iOS, but for my money, TTR: World Tour is...*puts thumb, forefinger and middle finger together, kisses them and makes a loud "MWAH!" sound* Of course they're beasts of a different nature, but arcade-y, kart-y, fun-y (OK, I'll stop) racing games make me happy inside and anyone who is utterly disappointed in the massive letdown that is Mario Kart Tour needs to get their fix with TTRWT. Seriously.

EDIT: Post-update, getting an iCloud sync failure no matter what I do in settings AND the volume has been drastically turned down. My phone's set at 50% volume and the game sounds like it's at 0.5. :p

icoker and nburcombe like this.
  3. nburcombe

nburcombe Well-Known Member

Are you aleady logged into iCloud and game centre? And volume wise, please checkin the options that you are on 100% on music and SFX. Those settings also get stored in the cloud.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I am indeed, and yep...both are at 100%. I've tried turning them all the way down and back up too.

5. nburcombe

Thats so weird. We will investigate of course...never heard anything like it.

Regarding drifting...you know we had TTRWT out on PS4 and it did like 4.3m downloads...well the one big request we had was that in the long term, for those who wanted to be competitive drifters...there wasn't a high score table, well we fixed that. I can see over time, that gonna be quite the addiction for some. We had two guys battling it out for who could get the highest drift score in the Breakings Bad vehicle...the scores they got were way beyond what I thought was possibly by the design. Amazingly good fun if you can find someone to battle against.

metalcasket likes this.
  6. nburcombe

There was drifting in the first one, but I think the second is more compelling once you have your head around that 1million drift...then it's all about that tension with the clock at zero :)

icoker likes this.
  7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, I'm certainly not in any way ready to take things competitively but I can imagine getting sucked into it. I sincerely hope TTRWT does well (and is already doing well) enough to spark an interest in creating a massive online community. It could definitely thrive in that regard. I think it's up to us to spread the word!

EDIT: Oh, and I'm on an iPhone XS with iOS 13.2.3, if it makes any difference. Never been jailbroken or anything.

icoker likes this.
  8. nburcombe

You know what's weird. The iCloud thing. I just tested it on tvOS versus iOS and it work perfectly. I don't understand. I'm wondering whether there's an issue with the compatibility. I wonder if you reset your game whether it should work. We need to investigate this. It's working here on the devices I have and so I need to get deep in there my programmer and figure why you and others, might be seeing this error.

This stuff is so complicated and yet when it works it so seamless that it appear to require no effort at all.

We will get to the bottom of this. Sorry for any inconvenience. If there's anyone out there willing to just reset the game and start over again, it could be enormously helpful.

I also didn't load the debug symbols this to.e and so can anyone confirm the install size? (Hoping it's a lot smaller now)

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm gonna wait until more people chime in. If it's a common problem and if no-one's willing to reset the game, maybe I'll do it. I've been putting a ton of effort into getting 3 stars on everything so I'm a bit reluctant to do so given that I'm not really playing on anything else. Local saving is fine by me. :p

Oh, and the game's still over 3 GB in size installed and requires the whole 1.4 GB download all over again.

10. nburcombe

#70 nburcombe, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Hmm. Thanks for the feedback. Dev environment versus realworld environment is not being the same. We will sort it though please be patient..again.(slightly gutted - thought we had this sorted)

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It’s quite alright. :) As always, I sincerely appreciate everything you do.

Guys, if you’re having the same problem please let Nick know!

12. nburcombe

If you get the iCloud failed pop up, can you try pressing X button to close it and then just go to the options page and there will be a little cloud icon with a red X showing. Just watch that for about 1 minute and tell me if it turns to a green tick cloud and then vanishes? It might be iCloud just taking time, in which case we can delay the popup box for up to a minute and perhaps show a little cloud with a timer icon in it on the main menu page. It might be something as simple as that. Thanks again for helping out.

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just checked and it never actually turns into a green tick cloud. Left it on for a good 3 or 4 minutes.

Thing is, if I go into my iCloud settings there’s the proper listing for TTRWT with the on/off switch, but if I go into Manage Storage, there’s absolutely no listing for the game. I don’t know if there never was one or if it got deleted with the update. *scratches head*

14. nburcombe

ok, I've just delete the dev version from my iPhone X and iPad, which are still working as intended and I've downloaded the retail version instead and I am seeing the same error. Actually as I was just typing this - on the iPad, I reinstalled the dev build and its still working and has picked up my iCloud save successfully - no popup.

Sadly, I will only be able to continue development tomorrow when I has my programmer available, but we will resolve this.

For now, just hit the X option and play without sync and it should be fine. Something between the dev sandbox and real world is different and these things are tricky to track down as we don't get the same debug info. Apologies for this and we will try and get to the bottom of it asap. Gutted.

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Don't worry about it at all and please take all the time you need. More beers and more weekend-enjoying for now please. ;)

nburcombe likes this.
  16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Just to note, I’m seeing the same icloud issue as well.
    Love this game, so so good!!

17. nburcombe

Yes, the iCloud message will appear at the moment - please just hit the "X" box in the warning pop-up and continue with local saves for now. Apologies for the inconvenience. I've been playing in the Dev build - advancing on iPad, then pick it up on iPhone and then advancing the game on iPhone and switching to tvOS....no problems at all, so it's something that must be happening when we build the production environment build. Something is not quite coming across correctly. We will find this bug and squish it as soon as we can.

18. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Just download this as it looked awesome and it is! The install size is 3.23gb and I'm having trouble with left steering still too even after the update. I'm on an iPhone 11 pro max running IOS 13.2.3 if that helps

19. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Yeah, steering is a little better on my iPhone X but I still seem to hit some dead zones occasionally.

Was even wondering if it be possible just to make the entire left and right part of the screen for steering except the very bottom area where the weapon / boost buttons are? There are other racers that do that.

20. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I've just tried this on my iPhone SE and the left steering is working just fine on that device also running IOS 13.2.3. Just the text size is too small for me on that device