Universal Table Tennis Touch (by Yakuto)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 14, 2014.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    In hot, humid environments it's better: your finger sweats and the screen fills with droplets of sweat which make swiping the finger a charm. My best matches were achieved under the sun :D

2. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #162 TicTac, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
    We need a more forgiving career mode. It's difficult enough to win, it's downright psychophatic to make us beat multiple opponents consecutively.

Edit: Actually scratch that. Didn't realise you could restart the game instead of the entire tournament. Makes it so much easier really.

3. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    That might melt my ipad lol :(

GaZ

4. Everlasting

Everlasting Member

Nov 29, 2009
    I have a question, is it possible to unlock everything if even I skip the tournaments. I have more fun playing the mini games and I know earning rep that way is slower but will I eventually unlock everything that way?

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    There's an IAP that unlocks all the arcade minigames. It's totally optional since you can unlock everything by playing, but it's your early access to all the arcade minigames ;)

6. BTG-XCELL

BTG-XCELL Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Only thing I'm not sure about would be the last bat which unlocks when you "beat" career mode. Not sure what constitutes "beating" career mode though...

7. Everlasting

Everlasting Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Yea, the bats were my main concern. Hopefully the only thing that doesnt "unlock" would be the achievements if i dont play the tournaments (they take a decent amount of time to play :eek:)

8. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    This is the most fun I've had on my phone in a long time. Thank you for this wonderful game. The only caveat is my sore thumb for playing so much.

9. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Anyone else having trouble with training modes? They've gotten really tough in international mode and there's no tips or anything in the game to help you at all...

10. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Favourite game all time !!!! Is the game finished after internstional folder? Or will more come in future updates except multiplayer modus?

11. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I cannot foresee a scenario where I'll ever get a medal in this training session.

[​IMG]

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Is this the one in the international event with the two minitables? I made 51 mistakes... And don't see when I'll get a medal either :p

13. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    I got gold medal on the 999 sec minigame yesterday :))

14. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #174 TicTac, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
    You must be a wizard!

It's just seems like the arcade games and actual tournaments are run on different physics engines, it's so easy to overhit in arcade but I can smash however I want and still keep it on the table against opponents. Spin from the opponents doesn't seem to matter in tournaments at all but it seems to matter a lot in arcade.

Also I'm currently stuck in International mode because of all these tough arcade games, 22k "R" away from the next event so I'm stuck to grinding tournaments.

15. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    How about an option to watch and SAVE replays :)

Thanks GaZ

16. BTG-XCELL

Jan 11, 2014
    I was having trouble with the arcade games in the International folder as well for the past few days (except for the Little Houses one) and today I sat down and got gold in each one in the span of a couple hours. Best I can say is to focus on one at a time and then keep practicing it. Also, try and slow down the pace so you can have better control over the ball.

17. BTG-XCELL

Jan 11, 2014
    #177 BTG-XCELL, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
    There's something wrong with the Half Table 1 arcade game leaderboard... I opened up TTT and went to the game center in career mode and saw that I was not ranked in Half Table 1 High Score leaderboard although I had been. I was still ranked in Half Table 1 Max Multiplier leaderboard though. So I played a game of Half Table 1 to see if my score would be added back but it only put my new (lower) score in the leaderboard. :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: After about a little over an hour after I originally posted, I finally beat my old personal best and got 107k points for the High Score. I checked Game Center and it was posted there (unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot). As of the time of this edit, I am no longer ranked in the High Score leaderboard yet again... Seeing as the highest score that seems to be sticking is 90k, is there something wrong with the leaderboard and scores over 100k? Because I wasn't having this issue until I broke 100k... twice. :(

18. Table Tennis Touch

Table Tennis Touch Active Member

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

Hi all - I've been pretty darn busy the last few days but I've found a bit of time to answer some of the questions ...

Hi Everlasting - as a general rule, any IAP (in any game) requires you to enter your App Store password - if you're going to be charged directly and not be spending in-game currency. There's a brief time window where you don't have to re-enter it if you buy something else but you should never be charged without being prompted for your password. Our game is no different. And don't bother with out IAPs ;-)

Hi phred - I think I posted this tip some pages back but it's worth typing out again. I have fairly short finger nails and I play with my index/middle finger rotated slightly so that when I stroke forwards across the screen my nail makes contact with the screen and leads the way. The nail is generally insufficient to trigger a touch on the screen so I ensure that my finger is also making contact just behind the nail. This technique reduces the friction you get when just trying to drag your finger over the screen. I only ever play Table Tennis Touch using this technique now - and I've started using it for other games. I find I can hit the ball much faster using much smaller movements.

Hi TicTac - that's great to hear! It makes me genuinely happy to hear someone is enjoying our game.

Hi Alex Wolf - we're not sure what to do about extending the career mode - but we'll do something. We have a few more mini-games planned and we'll def. be working on multiplayer. Keep an eye on our twitter and facebook for more details.
    @tabletennistch
    facebook.com/TableTennisTouch

Great work! Some say it can't be done, but it sure can. Excellent.

Hi GaZ - good idea. We started to do a replay feature but decided it was less important for the first release. We quite liked the idea of being able to post online some short video clips that were recorded in-game. Watch this space.

Hi BTG-XCELL - wise words indeed!

I'll look into this. We post your scores to Game Center. After that we can't edit them/delete them etc. as Apple maintain the leaderboards. I'll ensure it's configured correctly and try to find out why your score's not showing correctly.

Great effort breaking 100K though, very impressed.

19. Wow, you are going to work on multiplayer, awesomeness!!!!

20. BTG-XCELL

Jan 11, 2014
    Did you tweak anything? Because my score is showing up again, along with two other people who broke 100k! :)

Also just beat the World Championship... That last guy was driving me crazy. So freaking hard to beat him.