Universal Table Tennis Touch (by Yakuto)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 14, 2014.

1. You guys deserve it. Glad people started buying the game and posting impressions. Got the wheel going I guess that this game is super.

Some of the best graphics I have ever seen on an ipad. That good.

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Definitely agree, superb visuals, simply superb. Am having a blast with this. No buyers remorse what so ever.

3. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    I downloaded the game, and it is a lot of fun. I started off on difficultly level 3, but that was a huge mistake. I was constantly ending games scoring 1 - 2 points. I recalled that I was on level 3 and turned down to level 1. I am able to progress through the game properly now. Really great game though. This is the first table tennis game I played in the iDevice. I can see myself dumping many hours into this game.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow sounds good.

5. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    After playing for a few hours, I regret my purchase.

Because of its excellent graphic presentation, I really wanted to love this game and have been playing it for a few hours after buying it this morning, but the hitting mechanic is lacking any semblance of realism and ruins the playing experience. For example, it has been virtually impossible for me to lose a point by hitting the ball off the table in any direction (I’ve tried to hit it off just to test the game design but the ball always lands on the table), so all that matters is how you time your upwards swiping motion and whether you aim left or right. Also, I’m finding that many of the AI opponents are able to hit long shots into the corners on my side which are extremely hard to return, and they never fail to land in those corners. This basically becomes a game of interminable grinding until your AI opponent finally misses its shot, which for the more advanced opponents can take a long time. I doubt that I’ll continue to play this game much more; it rapidly becomes a boring grind.

6. BTG-XCELL

BTG-XCELL Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    #106 BTG-XCELL, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
    Truly excellent game!

Two quick observations though are when I swipe fast and my finger comes up around the bezel, sometimes the little "pull tabs" for notification center or control center pop out and if I don't release my finger from the screen and then replace to continue with the game, there's a noticeable drop in framerate. Though, there is probably not much you guys can do about that I would think...

And second, same situation as above when my finger nears the edge of the screen, sometimes the bat disappears and doesn't reappear until I lift and replace my finger.

Also, I was just wondering if the difference between Western and Penhold grip was purely visual or if it affects ball dynamics.

Thanks

EDIT: Just to clarify I play by dragging my finger across the screen the entire time, not just swiping each time the ball comes over. And when the bat disappears, it's not like it plays like it's an invisible bat, but just as if I wasn't touching the screen at all.

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    This seems to be this week's biggest surprise. Want it, but spent more than I already planned this week. Definately wish listing it though. We need some weeks with all crappy games!

8. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I agree. This was not on my radar and I underestimated this game after seeing a table tennis game I supported from the beginning years ago become freemium toast. Needless to say, I was skeptical, but the doubts were unfounded as this is the premium table tennis game for the iOS, bar none.

9. Lots of good games under the radar like this Hyper Square, 4444, Flutter, and others. Not a big name week but good otherwise for smaller Indies.

10. Mist17

Mist17 Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I think I just found a bug I just bought the game, I was typing my profile name in and accidentally hit the dictation button which gave me a instant crash and skipped the intro section.

11. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Very hard to get bats and a lot of grinding.

12. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #112 macplash, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
    Anyone willing to give me an advice how am I supposed to beat Thiago Vasquez in Career Mode / Club or what is his weakness? The biggest success I achieved was 2 points against him and I'm trying to beat him since yesterday's morning. It's the only challenge I need to win to move to higher level in career mode, but it's starting to be pretty frustrating. Thanks in advance for the help!

EDIT: nevermind, got him! Two games in a row, 8:7 and 5:2;) the success is to keep him occupied, changing the pace of the game, play to both sides and eventually he'll made a mistake. I have to say, this was the most satisfying victory in the game so far, I just love it;)

13. Table Tennis Touch

Table Tennis Touch Active Member

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

Hi guys - I've got a few chores (meetings) to do then I'll jump on the forum in a few hours and try to answer as many questions as I can. See you later.

James

14. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Thats exactly why I was thinking very carefully about getting this one, if you can't make any mistake (hit the net or hit the ball outside) then it will be just like Virtual Tennis a few years ago, boring. I'd rather play a simulation than an arcade sports game.

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I have to disagree about lacking realism. Happened to me several times that I lost the point by hitting the ball of the table so what Grist is saying is just not true. Also making the mistake when serving is more usual that it might seem, you just have to place the ball carefully. This game is amazing, give it a try, you won't be dissapointed.

16. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    Grrrrrrr just got to the final of the first tournament, score 3-3 and my bat vanished completely :(

I could still serve with an invisible bat but obviously lost the next two points and the final :(

That was using my ipad 3 with the latest 7.1.1 os

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    that's unfortunate, I understand your frustration
    on the other hand, [brag] I just became Club champ and I'm heading to the National [/brag]
    I love this game :-D

18. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    Brag away lol :)

19. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Played for a couple hours last night. It's the best ping pong game out there IMO. Great tutorial, easy to learn, but there's definitely depth here too. It's one of those games that's got me excitedly thinking about it and wanting to play right now (I can't because I'm at work and my iPad is wifi only - I don't play any games without having an internet connection because I worry about game progress saving and achievements not being unlocked).

I'm pretty much babbling at this point, but what I'm trying to say is - if you have an iPad and like ping pong, there's no reason not to play this, especially at such a fair price.

20. Table Tennis Touch

Table Tennis Touch Active Member

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

Hi darnoc703 - spinning takes a little practice but it gets easier. When you stroke your finger across the screen and make contact with the ball, quickly drag your finger in the direction you want to spin.

It really is that simple ... BUT ... basic bats have little ability to spin the ball. If you're using a basic bat you'll find spinning tricky. When you select a bat, look for it's spin rating.

If you really want to spin with a basic bat you can use Boost. I don't recommend this as it is an IAP but we know some people will want to use it. Every opponent is beatable without Boost so it's up to you. I personally don't use it.