Universal Table Tennis Touch (by Yakuto)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 14, 2014.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    How do I unlock new bats? What do I have to achieve or win to unlock the bats?

2. Table Tennis Touch

Table Tennis Touch Active Member

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

Hi - bats are unlocked in Career mode. It happens when you earn enough reputation. I'm not going to spoil any surprises about when it happens, but it's always when you need the new, faster bat the most.

In Quick Game, all bats are unlocked except the best bat ("The Cream"). That one is pretty special and you get it when the Career is completed.

A quick note on bats: bats get progressively better (faster, more spin etc.). If you want an easy life, use your best bet. If you fancy a challenge then you can pick a lesser bat, but then the game becomes more about stamina as you're unlikely to hit the ball past your opponent.

3. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Looks like I may need to free up some space on my mini...... dammit, why is apple such a pain in the butt with not letting us use expansion memory? That is the main reason I will be switching to a Galaxy the next time I need a new tablet. ( I know why...... huge profit for their memory ) :rolleyes:

I bought my wife the Tab 4 for mothers day, and IMO, it is way better than my mini, for a whole lot less coin, and that is less money, even with a 64GB card added.

4. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

No not JB'd. In fact when I updated to 7.1.1 something went wrong and I had to do a full reset via iTunes, so its a kind of fresh OS with 65gb free.

No worries and I will let you know either way. Cheers.

5. It is good this thread has shifted now. Glad to see that this game is getting the recognition it deserves.

Wow, this game has awesome graphics folks, some of the best that I have seen. And the gameplay is fantastic.

A real gem.

6. mertcanmirza

mertcanmirza Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Thank you very much for your answer.
    I downloaded and played, game is really cool and while I was playing I did not search for multiplayer yet. Because the different types of mini games are awesome, especially I loved the bowling mini game. Thank you again for that great game.

7. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The boost is a representation of Speed Glue.

8. Table Tennis Touch

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

Great! We're so glad people are enjoying it. We're only two devs (Jordan and me) so it's a game that's really personal to us.

If any of you would be kind enough to leave us some nice reviews on the App Store we'd really appreciate it.

[​IMG]

9. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    This game is awesome. But sooooo hard. Any tips from anyone? The best I've done is losing 11-2. Haha

10. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    practice doesn't makes perfect my friend, but a "perfect" practice does :D

11. bluermlou

bluermlou Active Member

Jan 12, 2011
    loving the game! this and the airing of Ping Pong the Animation in Japan right now is the perfect combo. :)

12. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Touch Arcade will definitely give this 5 stars. Because it's got EVERYTHING! It's challenging. Realistic. Perfect gameplay and graphics. Excellent sound effects and encouragement. Great atmosphere. Plenty of choices to play career or a quick match against any player using any bat. Plenty of bats to unlock.

Mini games which help you tune your skills. Game centre tasks. Many control options. Difficulty options in single play. And a great tutorial!

Its a very polished game. The IAP is not really IAP but just a booster to help you out if you're struggling but you get a complimentary bottle for completing training which will come in handy while you're not too good at the game. But it's not essential or required or game breaking. Bit of an assist or cheat but only a bit.

As I said this is a 5 star game. I'm sure TA will agree or very close. Its pure quality. I found I couldn't stop playing as soon as I started. Felt I was in a REAL game so realistic it is. A MUST HAVE! No down sides except my poor finger and hurt ego from being humiliated so often but I've won 1 tournament and I say to the devs bring on the multiplayer so we can kick each other's butts here!! Now that would be fun!!

One request apart from multiplayer. Its 2am. I would like to be able to turn the crowd audio down but keep the ball sound. Otherwise my neighbours will wonder who are all these people clapping at 2 am!

13. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    I bought this with some idea that i would not like this either because i could not get used to playing just a flying bat, or the control set wouldn't match the hype, or worse yet be so hard that i couldn't enjoy the losses. Let me you tell you this is a great game!!! The learning curve is well placed with the difficulty of your invisible opponents, the controls work just fine, thank you very much, and you spend all your time concentrating on the ball and the angle of the opponents bat that the lack of a body is worth the suberb framerate and gameplay. One question though, the opponents use backspin on occasion but i did't see how i can, what did i miss?

14. Table Tennis Touch

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

Hi ImJPaul - there's two ways to win, out hit your opponent or outsmart them.

To out hit them you need to use the best bat at your disposal - and really attack the ball with big sweeping moves of your finger. The faster you move your finger, the faster the ball will go. And don't aim the ball at the opponent, make them run for it.

To outsmart the opponent you need to find his/her weak spot:

Some are a bit complacent. If you keep hitting to one side of the table they start to wait there for the ball. Then you can switch sides and they can't run to the ball in time.

Some will happily play a short game and come close to the net. You can encourage them by hitting soft shots just the other side of the net. When they come in wait for the right time and then hit the ball quickly past them - often they can't run backwards quickly enough to return the shot.

We've made some opponents get easily frustrated - they have little patience for long rallies. So if you can't outhit them or trick them, then try to keep the rally going for longer and they will get angry and over hit the ball.

And remember, in Career Mode every opponent is beatable with the best bat you've got, so always make sure you're using your best bat if you want an easy life.

I think that's enough tips for now. Enjoy!

James

15. Table Tennis Touch

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

Thanks for your very kind words ... and we just made the UK App Store's Editor's Choice! We're so happy!

16. Table Tennis Touch

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

Take a look in the pause menu. There's an audio tab - you can turn down the Ambient sound and keep the Ball sound as loud as you like.

Then, get some sleep!

17. Table Tennis Touch

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

Hi CaptLudd ... you didn't miss anything. In fact you have good sharp eyes!

We coded in backspin for the human player. It worked really well provided you knew what you were doing. But in testing we found that people were accidentally backspinning the ball.

As you probably know, this really kills the ball's speed. We started to get complaints that the game was slow, at least for the human player. We experimented with different controls but it was all a bit ugly. So very, very reluctantly we removed back spin for the human.

I agree it would be nice to backspin (and I missed it at first when it was removed) but it makes the overall game simpler and better to not have it. And that's the story of backspin!

18. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013

Okay, good answer, thank you. It really isn't too much of a loss just did not want to be overlooking anything.

19. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    I can't make the spinning work very well, any tips?

20. andylangers

andylangers Active Member

Nov 8, 2013
    After all the positives in this thread think I'll have to invest, great to see the dev in here talking to us all too and listening to direct feedback, keep it up