Universal Table Tennis Touch (by Yakuto)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 14, 2014.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Thanks coolpepper for the info.

2. Table Tennis Touch

Table Tennis Touch Active Member

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

Thanks for the kind words PeteOzzy! I'm not scared off (yet) just realising how much there is to do on release day!

Let me clarify the IAPs, although PeteOzzy and BetaMax have done a good job already.

No IAPs are required to complete the game. This is very important. My partner and I would never make such a game, it goes against what we believe in.

Boost
    This simply allows you to hit the ball faster and add more spin. It's never required to beat any player. If you can't beat a player at first, that just means you haven't yet figured out his/her weakness. Every opponent has a weakness, some are complacent, some get tired in longer rallies others get frustrated and end up hitting the ball too hard.

If you choose to use Boost it's totally up to you!

Arcade Key
    This is just a convenience. You can unlock all the mini-games by playing through the Career and earning reputation. But for those who don't want to play a Career (and we're sure some won't) they can get all the mini-games in one place. But they don't earn any Career Reputation! This is something we felt was very important - they can effectively cheat to have fun (it's a game after all) but it gives them no advantage in the global leaderboard.

So to sum things up - you never have to buy an IAP. There are no paywalls! And as BetaMax said, if you can't beat an opponent, you just need to practice more.

I'll keep checking back and answering more questions.

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    sold!

4. Table Tennis Touch

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

There is currently no multiplayer but we will make a multiplayer update.

About a year ago we had multiplayer working over bluetooth, it was a lot of fun. But then we doubled the speed of the opponents and added a lot of spin to make a really fast game and multiplayer suffered (it's all about the network updates and matching the physics across two devices).

It's not in a good enough condition to release just now, but it's very high on our list of priorities. We valued a fast game over multiplayer and I still think that's the right choice. And it does get very fast!

5. Table Tennis Touch

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

Hi Baracus - I'm very sorry to hear about that.

We've tested on many iPad Airs and I can say that I've never seen that glitch before. I suggest killing the game and starting again.

I've just downloaded from the app store onto my wife's iPad Air and played a Quick Game - and it all worked as expected.

Please let me know if it happens again.

6. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Seems pretty awesome. I will DL once I get to a wifi connection. Congrats on your game release.

7. Table Tennis Touch

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

Thanks epedemix! We're really enjoying the kind words. It's been a hard slog getting this far but we're glad we kept going.

8. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    Hi TTT

I wonder if you saw my earlier post regarding adding a proper across the table serve to go with 21 point games??

If you want this to play like a real sim then you need to have the option to use REAL rules :)

Thanks

Gaz

9. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    How does the serve work? What kind of serve is involved? I'm about to buy it.

10. GaZ-OiD

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    You just knock the ball over the other side of the table, not opposite corner as in the rules. If you hit ball into your left corner, the ball should land in the right corner for a legal serve

GaZ

11. Table Tennis Touch

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

Hi Gaz - we've got two types of serve, basic and advanced. This makes the game accessible to all. I'll describe them here for others to read:

The Basic Serve
    The basic serve is super simple. You just push the bat against the floating ball and a simple, slowish server is done for you. You can't really change direction but unless you aim off table, you'll legally get the ball to the other side. But as you take on better opponents, this won't be enough and they'll smash the ball back at you.

The Advanced Serve
    The advanced serve is how the ITTF say table tennis should be played. When you double-tap below the table, the ball is tossed up in the air and you have to hit it on its way down. With the advanced serve you can hit harder, add direction (cross table) and add spin. The advanced serve is very important for playing fast opponents and for the Little House mini-game, which tests your serving skill.

Both types of serve are affected by the bat you're using. Lesser bats hit the ball slower and can impart less spin. Faster bats, well they're just awesome.

And as with everything in Table Tennis Touch, the faster you swipe your finger, the faster the ball will go.

12. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    The video looks laggy does it play like that. I'm using an iPad Air?

13. soniclife

soniclife Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Hamburg
    As far as I know this is not true - or just in doubles. And as mentioned above by someone else a set goes up to 11 point and not up to 21 anymore... that was years ago and they have changed the official rules.

14. Table Tennis Touch

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

I'm sorry, but we're going to have disagree here! Our interpretation of the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) rules is that the ball must make contact anywhere on the server's side of the table and then anywhere on the opponent's side.

For doubles matches, the ball must contact the right half of the opponent's table, but we don't have doubles matches in Table Tennis Touch.

We've tried to stick to the ITTF rules whilst still making an enjoyable game. That's why we have first to 11 points and our serve works this way.

James

15. GaZ-OiD

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    I think I need to check the rules again then, if I'm wrong I stand corrected :)

GaZ

16. GaZ-OiD

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    #76 GaZ-OiD, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    Deleted duplicated post

17. Table Tennis Touch

May 14, 2014
    From the Developer

Hi worldcitizen1919 - our game runs at 60 frames per second with full retina graphics. Unfortunately, we're constrained by YouTube and Vimeo as to what framerate we can use in uploaded videos - so our trailer was recorded at 25fps. This makes the game seem less smooth than you'll find it on your shiny iPad air.

18. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    #78 worldcitizen1919, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    Great. Thanks for that. I was worried for a second I might be buying a slide show. Ha! Ha! Bought! Downloading now.
    Thanks for being patient. Love the icon!

19. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    ok, bought.. let me try to play a little to bring some feedback
    I'm really excited about this one, looks fantastic

20. GaZ-OiD

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    Sorry Guys, I stand corrected regarding the serve and apologise for my lack of up to date knowledge. I have been watching you tube vids of recent games and you are correct, I am wrong

Thanks GaZ