Universal Table Tennis Touch (by Yakuto)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 14, 2014.

1. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    This looks amazing, it's an instabuy for me.

As to the complains about points rules implemented in this game:
    You do realize that it's been 14 years since the international rules were changed from 21 points to 11 points to win a set?

It was done in an effort to make the sport more accessible to spectators during the summer Olympics in Sydney.

I believe most, if not all big table tennis clubs uses the new rules now. I was member of a club five years ago, and the 11 point rule had been used for a number of years there.

When I was a kid we always played to 21, but i don't believe the new rules make much difference in my enjoyment of the game at all, it only makes the sets quicker.

I look forward to be playing this game, it really looks fun and beautiful.

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Lol, you probably didn't read my last part.:D As soon is I know it's not pay to win. I will get it ASAP. If you can earn boosts easily then it's also not a huge problem.

3. Ok, well, going to play it now along with joyjoy, 4444, and some others. Biosis, darkin, hyper square are all awesome so far. Got alot of gaming to do tonight, will be back soon with some comments here!

I like your take one for the teams! :p

4. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #44 worldcitizen1919, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    I was about to buy and then saw IAP. Why do you need IAP for a game of ping pong? Its already $5.

5. Wow, this game is amazing!!!

Some of the best graphics I have ever seen! Got no idea what the inapps are for, but wow, the graphics are super awesome!!!

6. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Omg omg! Your getting me excited. Still, what are the boosts?

7. Oh, you are making me work! Hard enough figuring out the spins in this game. Wow, this is about as close to real ping pong as you can get. Impressive, very very impressive.

8. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Ya, the control of the paddle looks insane and very accurate. I'm sorry about the pressure. Take your time, it sounds like you bought all of the new releases, lol.

9. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Can someone clarify what the IAP is for? On their iTunes description the IAP pricing is not there. I don't want to depend on boosters to progress! Not after paying $5. Not buying until this is clarified although if there were no need for boosters the game wouldn't include them.

10. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Same here but on iTunes doesn't say what the IAP 's are. I don't want to get stuck in paywalls.

11. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm in the same boat. I am sure connector will respond at some point with more info. Or perhaps the dev could help answer these questions. It would be a shame if a game that looks this good with a premium price has those boosts for a pay to win model.

12. I got too many awesome games today to figure it out quickly. I will try to get back to you soon. But suffice to say the graphics are awesome. I emailed you some picts.

13. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    This looks so damn good!

14. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    My finger is on the buy button, but gotta hold off til iap is clarified...

15. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    If boosters are included you can be 100% certain that somewhere in the game they've created a need for them. It might be a paywall or that you just can't progress unless you buy them. I'm very wary now. Every game has become a cash cow ruining fun & enjoyment. I hope this is not the case here but why else include them?

16. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    I'm waiting too. Boost what? Stamina? A stamina or speed drink or better handling drink? I hope not.

17. beaterMAX

beaterMAX New Member

May 15, 2014
    IAPs

Hi guys,

I beta tested TTT and can honestly say that I purposefully never used boost to complete the game in my first and last run throughs. There were no in ap purchases required to complete it. I later tested the boost and it does make it a lot easier to smash the ball and maybe some players will need this to complete it but it is totally beatable with no iap!! If you're good enough ;)

FYI it took me about 20hrs to complete on my iPad mini.

Buy it, enjoy it & by the way the mini games are seriously addictive!
    Max

18. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I'm a bit too tired to go into full detail but to hopefully stop the thread derailing into speculations, these are the IAPs:

Ad-block: Already active when you buy the game

Career Extension: Already active when you buy the game

Arcade 69p: Immediate unlock of the mini-games, but they can be earned through natural progression

Boost 69p Consumable: Spin and speed enhancer for hits, 30 applications per bottle

So personally, nothing offensive. It remains to be seen how difficult the game can be without using the boost but I can't see it being necessary at all.

One last thing, this game is lovely. It's working fluidly on my iPad 2, it's beautiful and it's really enjoyable to boot. Hopefully all the worrying won't put people off from trying it or scare a decent and active dev away from the forums. I haven't the energy for a full review (I think I need an IAP energy boost for myself) but I can safely say it's another game that I don't regret buying and would recommend to you good people :)

19. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you so much for that info, I will pick this up in the morning. :D

20. mertcanmirza

mertcanmirza Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Hmm game seems good, I will download it.
    Just one question is there a multiplayer? If not will you make it in future?