TA Mobile website activated

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by blakespot, Apr 9, 2011.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yep, this has always been the case. It's a bug. Just close Safari from the multitask menu and reboot the app. It actually doesn't happen that frequently though. Just don't close the AppStore link and try to bring up Safari seconds after you've clicked the link. That should prevent the bug from popping up most times.

2. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

3. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Just wanted to stop by and say that I'm digging the mobile look. No problems on this end.

4. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Ditto. For the little time that I've used it, it seems good. Except the forums are still sized for a regular monitor. =/

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I see that the New Games page now sets it's width correctly - very nice! :)

Can't wait for mobile forums! It will be nice to have consistently working search and other menus...

6. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    Better integrated the (quite handly) "Share / Save" link (at bottom of full story page).

Rolled full story page title into the story bubble.

Fixed "Back to Top" link (on full story page).

bp

7. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    The Forum links at the bottom of the mobile site are updated every 2 minutes, btw. (They don't auto update, but a reload after 2 minutes will show an updated list.)

bp

8. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    This is great news. Now it'll be much easier to view Touch Arcade on my iPhone.

Wish there was an app though.

9. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I prefer the normal site as well. It's been instilled in my head to immediately look at the forum threads after I(sometimes) glance to see if anything new has been added to the homepage.

Nothing bad to say about the mobile page other than the forums aren't there and when you switch back to the normal view it doesn't save. Just my preference...

10. Ghost-Pro

Ghost-Pro Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    #70 Ghost-Pro, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
    I dislike change but I can see myself liking this.

Yeah, I always wondered why such a popular app review and news site never got an app of it's own. If you plan on making one, make a donation tab or something rather than making the app $.99. I still hate Cracked for charging for their app >:C

11. Kinga783

Kinga783 Member

Mar 27, 2010
    THe main reason why I like touch arcade is because it is like a blog and you do not have t click any more links to read stories (except for reviews). However in the mobile site you have to click on links to read all of the stories. :mad:

12. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    I loved the mobile site. But if you add the upcoming iPhone and ipad sections to "the latest from our forums" it would be cool because i check them regularly and i'm sure there are more like me.

13. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I would like to have a link to the classic page at the top of the mobile layout. It could be disguised/accessed via a TA logo. The reason is that it is inconvenient to scroll down through the mobile theme to return to the classic page.

Thanks for all the great work, writing, and news coverage.

14. Maltbrew

Maltbrew Active Member

Aug 9, 2010
    i Still don't understand why a site like TA hasn't been made into an app similar to Engadget.
    I mean, you guys already have your iPhone icon :p

15. adbjmb

adbjmb Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Ditto

I couldn't agree with this post more. He is 100% correct. If people like the mobile version thats great, but please give the rest of us the option to turn it off permanently. I really do applaud the effort you put into it, but having to scroll to the bottom each and every time and waiting for two pages to load is a major hindrance.