TA iPhone Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by brewstermax, Dec 22, 2008.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Does anybody know where to find a good one?

2. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I'm sure at least a couple other people want some too, so I'll start making some.

Just a few mins :D

3. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    #3 Chase, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
    I'll upload more if I make 'em. :)

Enjoy. It seems to be really low quality when downloading it, so you might need to side-load it.

I'll make them a higher res if I need to.

Attached Files:

4. brewstermax

#4 brewstermax, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
    Ok. That one looks good, but how about something with the touchArcade text on a background. I don't know, but the purple-ish looks odd.

P.S. The quality isn't horrible, but its not crystal clear either. Nothing major

5. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    It is a little odd. You're right. It's just the background so I thought I'd whip something up with those colors real quick. :p

Alright, I'll see what I can do.

And, yeah, that's how it is on mine too. The logo is a bit blurry/pixelated. I saved it at the highest quality, too, but whatever. :D

6. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    *subscribes to thread*

Thanks Chase. :)

7. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    I really like the way you can copy and save images on your ipotch...

8. Who else hates calling them an 'ipotch'? It's a Touch, and that's what I'm sticking to. Sorry to change the subject.

9. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Ignore them. If you believe hard enough maybe they'll disappear *crosses fingers*...

10. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    I was too lazy to write iPod touch...

11. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    So what happened to the wallpaper, Chase? Also, could you make me some Fastlane wallpaper?

12. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    :) Mmhm.

I couldn't make any others today, but I'll try to tomorrow.

13. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Ah, read above. ^

And yeah, I could try... :)

Does anyone else have any requests? I'll try and use my photoshop skills the best I can :p

14. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    How 'bout something with EDNG in it. Maybe in old anglish or something with a kick ass background...

15. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Haha 'aight. :D

I'm gonna make a Rolando background too, and maybe Dropship or something. What other games? Apps? Names? ;)

16. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    #16 spmwinkel, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
    Maybe if you tweak the current TA one, post that one and then add one with the TouchArcade name (you know, with the orange blocks in Arcade) below it? The full text "... keeping you in touch with iPhone gaming" is probably too long but "touchArcade" might fit.
    I might like it with the current light blue (from the front page with the Rolando ad)

Of course a combination would be awesome, Rolando + Tiki Towers + Snail Mail would show my favourite games. But once you start getting into that, people will say "Can you take out Snail Mail for me and put in Sim City", so maybe it's better not to get into that. ;)

Just make sure you don't spend so much time on it that you don't play your games anymore! :D

Edit - ngmoco games might be a good combination, you could add the logo as well. I don't have Dr. Awesome, but oh well. :) (Maybe I could take out a Dr. Awesome reference myself and replace it by something, that would be hard enough for me already :eek: )

17. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Alrighty.

Yeah, I won't get into combos :p BUT the Ngmoco idea is good... It gives me good ideas.

I'll have to do these when I can... I'm trying to get work done right now so I can have a Christmas break. :rolleyes: But once I get free time during the break, I'll try to whip these up for y'all.

Maybe I'll start a Tumblr to post them to or use my current iPhone blog (that hasn't been updated since last week... yeesh). I guess my personal Tumblr could work, too. I'm afraid if I create a new one I'll spend hours on the layout. :D

P.S. Had to take smileys out of your quote because of the image limit. I'm a smiley hog. (must resist putting smiley here...)

18. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    Hehe I had that smiley problem several times as well... ;)
    If I'm responding to the post above mine I simply don't quote it, so I don't have to deal with the smiley problem! :D

19. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    #19 Chase, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
    ATTEN-CHUN! :D

I'll be posting wallpapers at iwallpapers.tumblr.com for y'all. :)

As of now, it only only has the first TouchArcade one I made, but I'll put more up as I finish.

20. brewstermax

The link is broken. You might want to check it.