TA Forums Game of the Week! (Sep 27th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Sep 27, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of September 27th?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2012.
  1. Wimp: Who Stole My Panties

29.4%
  2. Bad Piggies

16.6%
  3. Super Monsters Ate My Condo!

4.3%
  4. God of Blades

7.0%
  5. FIFA SOCCER 13 by EA SPORTS

7.5%
  6. The Last Express

7.5%
  7. ZENFORMS: Protectors

24.1%
  8. King Oddball

1.6%
  9. Amazing Runner

0.5%
  10. Infectonator

1.6%
  1. -MAGNUM-

-MAGNUM- New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    #81 -MAGNUM-, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    Wait let me get this right! So when you was new to this forum at one point it was OK for you to vote, but when im new its not ok for me to vote?

LOGIC ZERO ?

I wold of liked to start being a TA member but with your way of useless thinking you letting down all the mature members.

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]

You got a mirror laying around?

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow. You're really not getting the point. I don't even remember the first time I voted for GoTW, but I'm pretty sure I had been around for a while before it actually started.

These votes could be rigged every single week if people who just joined were allowed to vote. That would serve no purpose at ALL. If a dev has a 1000 friends on Facebook and tells them to all come over and vote for their game, what's the point of having a vote?!?!? That doesn't make their game any better or worse. If it's restricted to those who have been around a while, then at least we know these people aren't (usually) biased and just voting for a game that happens to have been created by a friend.

Anyway, I agree with the rules. Stick around and contribute to the forum a bit and maybe you'll understand why they're there. You'll get to vote down the line, but there's got to be some restrictions or I probably wouldn't even bother voting in the poll. It'd be too easy to stack the cards with all newbie votes and negate any feeling that the game deserved it.

4. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    You know, this whole FB Votegate thing has given me an idea for a great business opportunity...

I mean, sure, it would be more than a little shady, but boy, is there money to be made...:rolleyes::p;):D

I'm kidding! I'm kidding!:eek::p

As always Echo, thanks for the great (and largely thankless) work you do!:D

DBC

5. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Ya ur right I completely looked past the join date and just assumed it was new.

As for Zenforms(whatever it is) I hope u can get it straitened out...as much as I complain on here I apreacite what u do to hold these things every week and sort them out.(this looks like ur toughest one yet, lol...gl)

6. Who is we? The developer? The development team? Fans of Zenforms? TA players of the game?

I could understand Zenbound voters complaining about the rules, but you have to understand it is not right for a game to win from outside members that get recruited to vote for the game by the developer, fans of the game, or gasp, the worst one would be for a promotion like getting more coins in a game for voting on various sites for game of the week, etc.

Fake accounts, sure we can not see, only the mods can a little. So I will not go that far, but there has to be some kind of rules or the voting will just be a farce.

So I don't think it is an accusation of cheating or badmouthing. It is just determining the eligibility of voters and making sure that Touch Arcade members really have a real voice in the game of the week.

We've also had some issues in the past, so I apologize if any of my comments come across as accusations of cheating. That is not my intent, I can't speak for the others, but I am confident that this issue will be resolved amicably, and with a deserving winner.

7. 1. Everyone has been treated the same in voting. All of us got voting rights at the same time. Maybe the rules need to be clarified more, but there has always been a framework of rules.

2. The logic is to prevent voting rigging.

3. I would encourage you to become an active user of Toucharcade, this votegate is actually for the good and protection of the mature members of the board not letting them down. I think once you become a senior member here, you will understand why some people are concerned.

8. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    This is the last I'll say here, and I know it'll be disregarded - but oh well, I'm an outspoken person.

Even if the vote is to gauge longer-time TA members' opinion on the game of the week as it appears to be, it's broken. Such an incredibly small percentage of users have given their opinion that it hardly matters.

The way it is now you may as well just make a small panel that decides.

I'm not saying count every vote, either, but at least those people cared enough to vote while most "legible" TA users obviously didn't. So the system is broken either way.

I'll also clarify that this isn't just because of the fact I like ZENFORMS. I feel this way about every one of these polls because there's really no validity. This is just the first one I've actually paid any attention to. And I just keep being given reasons not to in the future.

I generally like TA and its community(I'm more of a lurker though) but this GOTW stuff is just really... Blah x.x

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    There are usually at least 50 voters, and often 100+
    Sure that's not representative of the 10,000+ visitors to the front page and 1,000+ to the forums, but hey, 10%-ish is pretty good.

10. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Only ~1,000? Not a chance o_O there are 500+ people browsing at this moment. I would assume far more than 1,000 unique users browse the forums daily.

I think you're underestimating the popularity of the site greatly if you think 50-100 is 10% of the userbase. That or I'm greatly overestimating it lol.

Edit: I have so much trouble keeping my "last response" vows x.x

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    You're counting unregistered users who can't vote on polls. All these arguments are really pretty ridiculous. The poll isn't broken. It's not about maximizing vote totals. It's a matter of preserving poll integrity. Several solid arguments for why it has to be this way to preserve integrity have been provided here. In response I see nothing but nonsense being spewed.

12. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Are you so biased that you've lost your sense of logic or have you not read my posts here? I've said numerous times that I understand the regulations, but despite that still see a lack of validity regardless of how it is totaled. I'm trying to think logically while you're just giving a hotheaded response.

And no, I wasn't counting unregistered viewers outside of current viewers, I was assuming with the popularity of the site and 500+ viewers at a given moment that more than 1,000 unique registered users view the forums daily. If there are only 1,000 registered and eligible users, again - I've greatly overestimated the popularity of the site.

I'm just giving my opinion on the polls and my reasoning for said opinion. You have yours and I have mine. I'm not hating on you all for liking them, and I would appreciate the same in return despite our difference in opinion.

13. "You got a mirror laying around?"

"LOGIC ZERO ?"

"In response I see nothing but nonsense being spewed."

"I'm trying to think logically while you're just giving a hotheaded response."

Well, the campaign rhetoric goes on and on in this hotly contested race for the proud title of TA's Game of the Week, will Wimp finally find his panties? Will Zenforms get some Pokemon might? Or will the big name title Bad Piggies come from behind and beat up some Angry Birds.

To be continued:

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... this level of fanboyism to get butthurt about a game not winning a weekly poll.

Uberfanboys for a newly released game this game must be godly-good! :D

15. Well, looks like polls are closed and probably Wimp is the winner. Congrats

16. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Well its nice to see an indie game win the poll, and one I love... buy yeah I voted for the game that gave me the most playtime :p

17. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #97 Echoseven, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    Working on this week's thread right now - should be up within the hour.

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    [​IMG]

In first place, with 49 votes - Wimp: Who Stole My Panties.
    In second place, with 34 votes - ZENFORMS: Protectors.
    In third place, with 31 votes - Bad Piggies.
    Congratulations to all the winners!

19. Wimp

Wimp Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Thanks all of you for warm encouragement !! :)

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOOHOO!!! Congrats to Flexile Studio! Wimp rocks. =oD
    Totally deserves it.