TA Forums Game of the Week! (Sep 27th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Sep 27, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of September 27th?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2012.
  1. Wimp: Who Stole My Panties

29.4%
  2. Bad Piggies

16.6%
  3. Super Monsters Ate My Condo!

4.3%
  4. God of Blades

7.0%
  5. FIFA SOCCER 13 by EA SPORTS

7.5%
  6. The Last Express

7.5%
  7. ZENFORMS: Protectors

24.1%
  8. King Oddball

1.6%
  9. Amazing Runner

0.5%
  10. Infectonator

1.6%
  1. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    AHEM! Last week the 7th vote for lili was by someone with 2 posts. It was actually the first one cuz his name starred with an A. Shouldnt it be lunar 2nd. Lili 3rd?

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The guy joined in 2009 :p it's not just about post count. E7 tries to weed out shill votes by looking at join date, post count, post content, and other factors.

3. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    How are the accounts worked out as not being fake?
    [​IMG]
    I posted about it on my personal Facebook and I know some of my mates voted just to show support.
    Usernames Vote4Rufio, KevMorrin, and, fold_thecorners are also from the Calis Projects forum.
    Edit You can see the user kevMorrin liked my status on facebook :p - forgot to block his name out :p

I'm sure it must be tricky to work out lol.

4. I think it is obvious that there are a lot of fake shrill accounts voting for Zenforms. There is hardly NO ONE that I recognize on this board, and most of them have no posts.

I sure hope this voting doesn't get rigged by fake accounts, it is obvious that it is happening, and is very unfair to the other games this week.

5. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    There's a difference between fake accounts and a new account created by someone that didn't have one but wanted to vote. A good number of these so-called "fake accounts" are actually the latter.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm sure Echoseven will set things straight. I have faith in him. :)

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    True but neither type of vote can be counted. Since there is no way to differentiate between the two, and since the poll is meant for (existing) TA members, and since we don't want the GOTW to be about which dev has the most friends he can convince to create accounts, those new members have to be discounted just like dev votes and obvious shills.

8. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Blah =/ I guess I'm glad I don't pay much attention to these things then. A lot of potentially valid votes can be thrown out that way, too. That's not saying it would be any better to count them all either, though. It's just kind of lose/lose to me lol. Lost votes either way.

9. I realize that, but there was some discussion before about rules for the voting. I really think there needs to be a rule that people have to be members for a month or something cause this is just not right. Plain and simple.

The other games, I recognize about 50% of the voters. For zenforms, I do not recognize ANY. And it is further evidence that many of the users have zero posts. And now those users will just be posting to increase their posts under this time of scrutiny.

I really have no idea what kind of game zenforms has, and I have nothing against it, but it does sadden me to see the voting so diluted as it is now. Maybe it is a console game with an avid following I got no idea, but it is not fair to allow votes from accounts that are very questionable at the best.

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    There are regular voters who have less than 3 posts, but have been around since 2009, 2010, or even 2008 in some cases. :rolleyes:

As for the current votes... The rules, even before I came around, have always been that the voting is for TA Members, as a way to represent a small fragment of the community. So while some votes may not be shills by definition, they may still be against the rules. I'll sort it out when the time comes.

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I hear ya. I'm just not sure what a better system would be. Obviously if the system were easily exploited, these polls would be less meaningful and would not capture the interest of members as they currently do.

12. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Rules are rules, I understand the logic =)

For a quick bit of info, though, ZENFORMS is a "Pokelike" that's been in development for quite some time - though it's still heavily in development and far from complete. Story content etc is currently pretty short but it'll be improved with regular updates. The app's easily held #4-6 RPG in the US app store since release on the 27th as well, despite its current bugs(which the developer has been working on fixing ASAP - v1.0.1 was released on its second day to fix some bugs) and short length, so there's something.

13. Hehe, yeah, I was bringing the issue up, but I have no plans on getting in a flamewar with 35 "newer and unknown" TA accounts, haha. :p

I'm sure it will get worked out properly, but if we have issues week in and week out, it will ruin the experience of voting for all of us.

Anyway, it was nice for the developer of Zenforms to post to acknowledge the problem, and I will definitely check some youtube videos about it. This week has some big hitters like Fifa 13, Bad Piggies, and super monsters ate my condo. It is good to see some relatively unknown games like Wimp and Zenforms getting a lot of the votes.

Peace out. :)

14. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Yeah, these voting threads are a joke. Kinda like the US election system!

15. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    many thanks to echoseven for jumping into this shark tank every week :D

16. -MAGNUM-

-MAGNUM- New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    To those people that think we are cheating.

Hmm There was a link to this voting thread on the ZENFORMS forum, I have never sen this forum before till I saw the link. You used to have 0 posts one day, many new people join just to vote like I did, im supporting this game by voting. My point is that everyone starts of as new one day and their post count go up, dont assume we are cheating just coz ZENFORMS is loved by so many.

Like in every race there are bound to be 1 or 2 cheaters but I just wanted to say, as this is my first post I registered to touch arcade just to vote for ZENFORMS.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This forum poll has rules so mods are following protocol and not assuming.

18. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes, thank you Echoseven to go through all that, its a lot of work and he pulls it :)

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well it is cheating, the rules clearly state "2) This voting is for TA members - no outsiders allowed. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong."

I've gone through all the votes for the top two games (I wasnt picking solely on one), lets just say one didnt have any fake accounts and the other had quite a few (which i've now banned).

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That's kind of the point. The rules are there so that people don't just register to vote for a certain game. If we let everyone vote, a dev could post to Facebook or Tweeter for every friend or brother to come join and vote.

This is just supposed to be a fun vote for TA members -- and it gets out of control if you just allow the floodgates to open for newbies coming just to vote for a game.