TA Forums Game of the Week! (Oct 4th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Oct 4, 2012.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of October 4th?

Poll closed Oct 10, 2012.
  1. Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin

28.4%
  2. Burrito Bison

7.8%
  3. Re-Volt Classic

9.8%
  4. Fire Busters

30.4%
  5. Irrupt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. NBA 2K13

2.0%
  7. Fin Friends

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Dungeon Story

17.6%
  9. Sugar Kid

3.9%
  1. waxandwane

waxandwane Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Tentacles and Burrito Bison

2. Is Fire Busters on this week's vote, I think it is on next week's vote right? Cause I don't see it on the vote, and it would be kind of unfair to add them as a late addition since they are almost a weekend release which is kind of weird.

It is a really cool game like Wimp was, you all will be impressed. It is true underdog indie title, but I can see Fire Busters winning the game of the week even though it is a small indie title.

Would have a hard time choosing between Tentacles and Fire Busters for the game of the week. I have both, and both are really fun, I would almost have to lean towards Fire Busters, but I dunno...

Anyway, I think Fire Busters should be on next weeks vote, but let us know so I can figure out what I want to nominate this week for the vote!

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    If it came out before Saturday, it's eligible this week, not next. Friday releases always have a tough time making this poll. It's not really unfair, it's just the cutoff day, and there has to be one.

4. Yeah, wording of unfair might have not been the correct terminology I should have used especially after last week's votegate mess, but either way, I don't care either way, this is just for nominations anyway right?

I don't really understand the nominations process, is it just one vote that will enter it into the real vote, or do they have to get a certain number of votes, or is it something like the top 10 apps will get in the vote?

Anyway, whatever the process is I am fine with it, but my gut feeling is that friday or weekend releases should just go to the next week, that's all.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It's just the ones with the most votes. I can't remember specifically, but I think unless necessary to fill out a poll, E7 doesn't add games unless they get multiple nominations.

Also I think weekend releases do go to next week's poll. I'm pretty sure it's Sat through Fri. That's whyi nominated Dungeon Story which came out last Saturday.

6. Yeah, I went back to the first thread, and it says the top 10 will be on the vote, and you can vote for 5.

There isn't anything about policies on late additions, so I can't tell by the wording. I have seen late additions in the past, but I always assumed they were just overlooked titles with release dates prior to the post date of this nomination cycle.

Seems a shame if a great game like Fire Busters didn't even get to make it to the voting, because a lot of users probably post their vote here once, and never come back here to look at it cause normally this thread is very very boring with just game titles only, of course, that excludes times of some various votegate threads.

Anyway, maybe one of the people in charge will let us know how late additions work. I really don't care what the policy is, but I would like to know if Fire Busters will be on this week's vote, cause it would affect my nominations.

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Added 3 more games!

The poll rules are pretty simple - any game that is released before the weekend is eligible for that week's nominations. I put the poll up on Sundays now, so technically any game released before then should be eligible, but with the forums being slow on weekends it doesn't give a fair shot to the later releases.

The problem with this is, I don't really have the time (or will, to be honest) to track when threads are posted to add them to the poll. I try to, but most of the games that go up are Wednesday night releases. If there's a nominated game that's not added to the first post, I'll check it out to make sure it's eligible though.

Top 10 nominated games go up on the poll, with several exceptions:
    - There are less than 10 games nominated (happened before)
    - Some games have only got 1 nomination (needs at least two to be eligible for the poll)
    - There is a multiple tie for the last few places, which means more than 10 games need to be put up. (e.g. there are 8 games on the poll, but there is a 3-way tie for the 9th place. In this case, only 8 would go up)

That's about it.

Speaking of nominations, this thread needs more of them as at the moment it's pretty bare.

8. Echoseven, thanks for your explanation. I see Fire Busters now is on this week, so it is going to make it hard cause there are some really good games this week. Thanks again!

9. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Nominating tentacles. Who'd have thought it.
    A Microsoft game as apple's game of the week.

10. snapb202

snapb202 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2012
    I would like to nominate fire busters & tentacles

11. Okay read all the threads of all the games. Here is my list.

Fire Busters
    Tentacles
    Revolt
    Nba 2k13
    Zaxxon

Thanks!

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Burrito Bison
    Re-Volt Classic
    Tentacles
    Irrupt

Really fantastic week and I wasn't expecting anything but Burrito Bison to come out. Also, everyone should check out Irrupt. Simple, gorgeous, fun, no IAPs, universal and truly embodies the soul of what iOS gaming used to be and should be.

13. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Happy to see a lot of vote for Tentacles, its unique and something we dont see often on iOS, one that rightfully deserves 5 stars for that, hope to see more games like this

14. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    A lot of great competitors here, tight race! I'd like to nominate a nice game that seems to have slipped under the radar: Fin Friends, a pretty slick game from a small dev team. :)

15. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Three beauties for me. Fin friends - my kids love it too - doesn't do anything too new but a beautiful endless swimmer - take note whale trail and that bl**dy zaxxon game, Tentacles - fanflippingtastic so far and Irrupt - good old fashioned arcade fun with one button.

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    If no one else nominates dungeon story, I'll burn this thread to the ground :mad:

17. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    if dungeon story counts toward this week. I nominate that

18. Wow, reading all the nominations, looks like we really are going to have an exciting vote this week. Got no idea which will win, I've tried to become a non early adopter because of getting burned so much, but this week, don't mind breaking it cause there are some cool games, and no single one seems to be the top dog at this moment. So cool!

19. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #39 Royce, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
    It's a Saturday release. Totally counts :D E7 even added it to the major releases list.

Also, <extinguishes digital Molotov cocktail> the thread is now safe :p

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. Not cool man!

And yeah, it's totally eligible this week.