TA Forums Game of the Week! (May 29th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Jun 1, 2013.

?

What is your favorite iOS game released the week of May 29th?

Poll closed Jun 7, 2013.
  1. Warhammer Quest

57 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Trilogy HD

11 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

45 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Sketchbook Squad

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. ExZeus 2

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Little Luca

13 vote(s)
    9.4%
  7. World War Z

5 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. After Earth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Incredible Jack

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Such a hard week to make such a choice! I can somewhat whittle my top three down to two (K.o.t.O.R, Ace Attorney, Warhammer Quest), but that leaves Star Wars and Warhammer... Decisions, decisions...

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I wonder how many of those who voted for Warhammer Quest have played the iOS KOTOR, since that's ipad only?

3. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Little Luca

4. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I only play on an iPad, I bought all the major releases last week and I decided that my vote would go toward Warhammer Quest. I do believe that KotOR deserves the votes equally and I didn't choose Warhammer over it because of some expectation (more graphics options, content, other reasons some folks seemed miffed, etc). My reasoning is that of the three I was going to vote, only one was not a port but rather built into an app based faithfully off of the source material. I once owned the physical game (lost in a flood) and it feels very close to it albeit with all the fiddling removed so that as a player you can get to the meat of the game.

All of the top games deserve it and you do have a point about iPad games as they often lose out in these polls simply because most here don't own them.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cool! Im actually fine whichever of the 2 will take GotW as I love both games to bits, but was really curious of the possibility that those who didnt get a chance to play KOTOR may actually end up liking it more than WHQ.

One thing's for sure... Both these titles have a strong spot on my GotY list right now. Hell they even deserve spots on the best iOS games list.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    And both have a spot on my "I hate that these massive games have earned permanent spots on my device and I'm incredibly low on space right now" list. :p

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    128gb retina ipad mini where are yoooooouuuuuuu!

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Pretty impressive that Little Luca is currently in third over Phoenix Wright. Thanks to the nods as I mentioned earlier, I picked it up. Fun little gem.

Still hard to pull myself away from WQ though.....

9. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Warhammer Quest

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im happy that Warhammer Quest took the GotW title this week even though KOTOR got my vote. Gives the more indie of the 2 developers more of an exposure, even though this is a local community.

And im also happy that KOTOR is a close second. It means people are still willing to pay and enjoy premium games even at the double-of cost of Warhammer Quest.

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Im happy Little Luce ended 3rd above Phoenix Wright, but mostly because all who nominated it went for KotOR or WHQ. Anyways, great for the indie developer!

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #92 undeadcow, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    Technically the poll is still live for one more day, I wasn't 100% on how to calculate end time so figured better extra time than to short it.

I just vited for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic; hopefully we see more full featured RPG games on iOS be it ports or original content. I considered WarHammer Quest but found it enjoyable, atmospheric, and worth $4.99 but also repetitive yet short/easy.

13. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Always better more than less :)

14. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I really was going to vote for WHQ, but I couldn't do it. I hovered over that little circle for some time. Couldn't deny that Little Luca (in my eyes) was more deserving of my vote. =o)

15. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    New GotW thread is up and running now:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=192140

Means a lot more coming from you.