TA Forums Game of the Week! (May 29th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Jun 1, 2013.

?

What is your favorite iOS game released the week of May 29th?

Poll closed Jun 7, 2013.
  1. Warhammer Quest

57 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Trilogy HD

11 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

45 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Sketchbook Squad

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. ExZeus 2

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Little Luca

13 vote(s)
    9.4%
  7. World War Z

5 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. After Earth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Incredible Jack

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    In a week with three especially huge releases, when two members whose opinions I trust vote for a small indie game that says a lot. Check Little Luca out I must.

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    The game that made the wallpapering take 2 days instead of one, Sketchbook Squad.

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #63 TheFrost, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
    I do it when E7 is out and usually he does it the very next one but this one for some reason didn't happen and I kept waiting, you saved us all.

Edit: Im sure Echoseven knows this thread is in good hands.

You will enjoy it a lot.

:)

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Been playing a bit of PS3 lately, but it's nice to check back in and find a lovely little gem waiting for me. When a game has as much love put into it as Little Luca has, it doesn't matter what console it's on or how much it costs: this is video games at its finest. Great job, Glowingpine Studios. And thank you.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well shame the polls not public but i dont think there'll be many 'dodgy' votes this week unless an outsider suddenly surges ahead.

Feel sorry for Warhammer as any other week it would have got my vote for sure, but i'm going old skool and voting for KOTOR.

I will check out Little Luca due to the post above.

But come on Apple, we need 128 gig ipods !!

6. Paulos G

Paulos G Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    I loved KOTOR back in the day and played Phoenix Wright on DS. But it's Warhammer Quest for me.

7. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Warhammer this time around; KotOR is great and all, but it's still a port of a ten-year-old game that has already had its time in the sun. I'd like iOS to be recognised as more than just the home of great ports of ten-year-old games, and think the effort and risks taken by skilled, dedicated iOS-native developers should be a little more emphasised and recognised as well.

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Yeah I'm sure it will be a blowout :rolleyes:

It's not like there's an all time great Star Wars game in the mix or anything...

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    What kind of traitors are voting for Kotor over warhammer :p Kotor's had it is day 10years ago. Pah

10. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nice to see Little Luca having votes from a lot of the members I trust on TA :)

11. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    As much as KOTOR is an awesome game to have on iPad and tries to use his Jedi mind trick of pure nostalgia to get vote from me , it won't get it, reason being , as said, it had its time to shine and still does that even today and they could have included more on/off graphic options , think iPads can handle couple more eyecandy features.I will admit they did an awesome job with touch controls though.
    On the other hand, WQ I couldn't stop playing even being all new to Warhammer Universe.It's insanely polished for a new game and has so many different features that captivate even after getting to max level.Labor of love and polishing put In this game are hard to be surpassed by any game on iOS market, that is why it gets my vote.

I hope both games and their sales will prove that there is still a viable market for high quality games and ports on iOS.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    In 10 years time when someone ports over Warhammer to your new device you'll be excited by it, then annoyed when some young kid moans about Warhammer having its day 10 years ago ;)

13. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    No matter who triumphs, you're all winners to me

14. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    You do realize that WHQ is a very old board game...I even dare say that it's a digital port of a physical board game..;)

15. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    #75 Alister, Jun 3, 2013
    They both already have..KOTOR is number one the top ten paid chart and number four on the top grossing(take that freemium market!!)..while WHQ is on the top 8 on the paid chart and 34th on the grossing chart..What's really important is penetrating the top places on the grossing chart which speak volumes that real hardcore games can be successful on the platform..:D

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #76 Exact-Psience, Jun 3, 2013
    I respect your opinions and reasoning on how you choose your GotW (not just for Appletini, but for everyone in general), but like I said, for me, i always try to choose the one that gave me the best time, regardless of how it was to me before, regardless of if it's a new original indie game, if it was a classic or a board game or whatever.

What matters to me is how i find it today, and KOTOR just takes me wandering touchscreen wonderland, more than WHQ does.

I did give both games 5 stars though, for reasons that they are both belong among the best titles on iOS to date..

17. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I think regardless of which game you voted for, we can agree this was a good week for iOS gaming.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wohohohohord!

In fact, it's one of the best weeks for iOS gaming EVAR.

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Not if there's a better game released on exactly the same day :p
    That's what makes it so impressive!

20. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Newcomer to TA forums but have read them since I started iOS gaming a month ago. Warhammer Quest has finally fulfilled my gaming pleasures. Can play a few quest casually for a family man and come back to dig in after the house has settled. No doubt winner for me