TA Forums Game of the Week! (May 1st)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, May 3, 2013.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of May 1st?

Poll closed May 9, 2013.
  1. Sorcery!

18.3%
  2. Star Command

18.3%
  3. Zoombies: Animales de la Muerte!

7.3%
  4. Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy

6.1%
  5. Survivalcraft

41.5%
  6. Paper Titans

1.2%
  7. ASCII Shooter

2.4%
  8. Dark Avenger

1.2%
  9. Ninja Striker!

2.4%
  10. Stick Stunt Biker 2

1.2%
  1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It came out 3 years ago, so it's a bit past eligibility. Also, it's a game about poo, poo with a tongue, a tongue in a mouth made of poo. Oh the horror!

2. nuutsch

nuutsch Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Eclipse! Eclipse!

3. Is ascii shooter worth buying, anyone? I like dual sticks, and would be willing to support the cause, but don't want to buy anything that I won't play. Anyone?

4. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    It's a nice little BASIC Robotron-style Blaster. Begging for Game Centre but it really is worth a pound of anyone's money.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It's fun, kind of like a super-simplified, retro Inferno+ or Isotope. Would be excellent with more powerups, more enemy variety, and interactive environments (gates and keys or what have you), but it's very nice arcadey fun for what it is.

6. #86 Connector, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
    Okay, thanks, I will get it cause I love Robotron, and isotope is cool too. Thanks.

Edit: asciii shooter is pretty cool! Plays a little like Robotron, and has kinda cool graphics like Matrix. Well worth a buck. Highly recommended!

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Ninja Striker's the only game I downloaded this week. If I had downloaded SurvivalCraft, I think that would've been my GOTW

8. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

If you like Minecraft, I totally recommend Survivalcraft. It's well worth it

9. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    My vote had to go to Eclipse, I love board games at bargain basement prices that I can play alone or with others.

10. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    If I'd played Bullet Train Hell before the poll was up it'd have definitely gotten a nomination from me. Nice little puzzle/platformer, deserves some attention.

11. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    You should also download Survivalcraft then as well :3

12. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    It is good - I remember downloading it well over t a month ago now though. Just to see if I could get my iCade to work with it as apparently it lets you map the buttons. I couldn't get it to work with my iCade but I may go back to it now.

13. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Ha, you're right, t'was released March 16th. Missed it completely.

14. Is Bullet train hell icade??? It says icontrolpad, so it may not be icade. Or maybe it is, I got no idea, wish developers would just say icade in your descriptions instead of all these encryted messages saying it.

But will check tonight when I get home but if you couldn't get it to work with icade, probably won't work for me either.

15. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    #95 slamraman, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
    I just couldn't get it to work and I ran out of time trying. Just stuck on my iPod though and it works great with touch. I'll try again with iCade later - cos you had to set the controls it just seemed a bit of a faff. It's bl**dy good though.

Connector - just tried again with iCade and it works like a charm. Just takes 2 minutes to set the left, right, up down and jump and you're off. Fantastic stuff.

16. I decided to vote for ascii shooter cause I felt a little sorry and all that it is the only game that didn't get a vote. While it isn't the best game in the world, it is pretty surprisingly decent, and since I love shmups and dual sticks, it is cool.

This week seems to be the week of the niche, in that certain games seem for certain folk, not for mainstream. Will still stick by my comments that it is a kinda bad week, but I can understand why some would like what they like, and it looks like a runaway vote, so it doesn't matter much.

Nothing big on the hdmi or icade front, so this week, I will go for the huge underdog ascii shooter. I think normally I might have voted for zoombies cause it probably might be something I would like, but in a normal week for me, even zoombies might have been my third choice or so.

So anyway, onto next week...

[​IMG]

17. #97 Connector, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  18. Bowler

Bowler Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Sales
    Awe man - missed all the fun and voting. Looks like I'll have to check out the winner...

Oh! Poll still open, sweet!

19. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I'm surprised Eclipse is so low, and that Star Command is tied with the almighty Sorcery!.

20. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Or is it? ;)