TA Forums Game of the Week! (May 1st)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, May 3, 2013.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of May 1st?

Poll closed May 9, 2013.
  1. Sorcery!

18.3%
  2. Star Command

18.3%
  3. Zoombies: Animales de la Muerte!

7.3%
  4. Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy

6.1%
  5. Survivalcraft

41.5%
  6. Paper Titans

1.2%
  7. ASCII Shooter

2.4%
  8. Dark Avenger

1.2%
  9. Ninja Striker!

2.4%
  10. Stick Stunt Biker 2

1.2%
  1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #21 september, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
    Eclipse
    Sorcery!
    Star Command (it won't be my Gotw but I'm enjoying it the more I play)

Leviathan Warships would have been up there but due to being pulled and the borked MP, I'll look forward to the rerelease instead and enjoy it on PC for now.

Oh and great week, I was at that stage where I was feeling that maybe iOS gaming wasn't for me, having little interest in the majority of offerings. This week has definitely changed that for now.

2. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Sorcery

Survivalcraft

:)

3. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Newbie question: does the forum do Game of the Month polls as well, or just week? :)

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Zoombies: Animales de la Muerte

5. Nope, a game of the year though.

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #26 syntheticvoid, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
    Ha...

Paper Titans
    Dark Avenger
    Poop Jump
    Pet Balls
    Zoombies

Star Command - I just couldn't get with it... it's too infuriatingly hard to select what I want to select... I'm also not into gamebooks - so Sorcery is one that's gonna go unpurchased by me. I've been thinking about getting Emilly In Darkness - but I dunno... not a very good week in terms of new releases for me...

BUT

One of my favorite iOS games got widescreen support this week; iDaTank. So I've been playing that a lot - and Zip got new virtual controls, so I've been playing that more as well. Not to mention Storm The Train's new update that has made the game feel completely different...

Was a great week for updates. =oD

7. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Here are my nominations:
    1.Paper Titans
    2.Zoombies

8. #28 Connector, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
    Usually I nominate the best five games. This week sucks. And since I realize that one or two of you are still watching my votes and nominations, I will nominate what I have tried.

Poop jump
    Pet balls
    Dark avenger
    Ascii II shooter
    Paper titans

9. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Poop jump?! and A gamevil freemium? Why?
    My nominations
    Star command
    Stick stunt biker 2
    Zoombies

10. I would ask thefrost, I have no other response. :)

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    #31 september, May 5, 2013
    Been an excellent week here, Eclipse, Sorcery!, Leviathan Warships and to a lesser extent Star Command have saved the platform as far as gaming goes for me. I had culled space back to doing music, art, reading and writing on my iPad out of disinterest in a lot of the game offerings lately. That's nearly $30 of interest in this week I don't regret.

Different strokes and all that I guess.

12. Sorcery! and Eclipse for me.

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Best week in ages, unusually low amount of crappy runners and F2P games... decent number of quality premium games... Connector says it sucks.

Makes sense.

14. Well, Eclipse and sorcery look ok, and normally they would be in my nominations for sure, but I am heading thefrost's directive of only nominating and voting for games that I have played. If you all have qualms about it, then go talk to the gotw policeman himself, cause I too would have normally nominated sorcery and eclipse for sure.

And to state for the record, cause midian is just trying to cause trouble as always, i do not like freemiums, and no i don't really care that much for endless runners. I like shmups, driving, arcade, action, puzzle, icade, and hdmi premium games. No matter what Midian says. ;)

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You seem to enjoy FF3, DH4 and Iron Man enough. This week was the week of decent premium games and you complain that it sucks.

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #36 awp69, May 5, 2013
    Not defending Connector per se, but I prefer premium over freemium games but just didn't find anything that peaked my interest this week. Everyone has different tastes in games.

There will always be some weeks that are great for some people and lousy for others. Doesn't make either any less of avid gamers. Just, as an earlier post put it, different strokes for different folks.

17. september

Sep 14, 2012
    No qualms, you can't be wrong in your opinion, it's how you feel and no one else is more right than you because their tastes differ. Not a debate but would disagree for myself personally, you're all good.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... It's all about taste. Taste as in nobody really liked Sonic Dash except maybe you and me.

19. Yeah, try not to take Midian's comments about endless runners too harshly. It really hurt my feelings. Plus, he has bad taste. He wears baggy undies around his noggin'. We both enjoyed Iron Man 3, whether one classifies it as an endless runner or great hdmi tv arcade game. I got your back, man. :)

20. It's just like you & I with RR3