TA Forums Game of the Week! (Mar 6th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Mar 8, 2013.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of March 6th?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2013.
  1. Outland Games

4.3%
  2. Dungeon Plunder

41.9%
  3. Block Fortress

30.1%
  4. LIBERATION MAIDEN

8.6%
  5. Jones On Fire

3.2%
  6. METAL SLUG X

4.3%
  7. Sonic Dash

1.1%
  8. Temple Run: Oz

2.2%
  9. Cling!

3.2%
  10. Blazing Souls Accelate

1.1%
  1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm not sore about anything, I've been playing International Snooker more than either of these games. Just pointing out two things; that Block Fortress will no doubt win the long game with a bigger fanbase and more sales, and Dungeon Plunder is ugly.

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find nothing less attractive than blocky minecraft style graphics. Also, BF is paidmium while DP is an actual game that you can buy and have be a game that you own, so DP is intrinsically superior ;)

3. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    BF is not at all that. The IAP is just there, buying it won't make you feel superior or more epic, you just have that sense that you are stronger. Without IAP, you'll just find yourself playing a little more to get minerals. That's not including the said 'rare mineral' farming people can do.

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    There's to much grey area with consumable IAP. Anymore I just consider anything with consumable IAP freemium/paidmium. If the developers haven't balanced the game to "encourage" additional spending, then they're not doing it right, and wasting their time adding such things into the game. They would also be 1 in a zillion. Maybe they are, and good for them, but the problem, as I said, is the grey area. People will say oh IAP is totally optional for games where it's strongly pushed. I just can't trust individual impressions anymore and am forced to categorize all games with consumables as freemium/paidmium. One way or another a game devoid of such nonsense, like Dungeon Plunder, is a breath of fresh air in today's AppStore.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    #85 MidianGTX, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    True, but if you ask me having the slightest clue about game design means actually getting your assets to match the resolution of the screen. That's like, preschool game development right there. I'm a big fan of pixel art, but if I want blurry graphics I'll play games from 20 feet away. And don't even get me started on the text.

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #86 undeadcow, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    Are you referring to Dungeon Plunder? Granted I don't have an iPad but I've not heard one person or review mention blurry graphics. The developer seems proud of the retina optimization and responsive so I am sure would address that concern if anyone were to bring it up.

Here's an iPad retina screenshot showing good image clarity with clean crisp text: http://www.dungeonplunder.com/misc/iPadRetina.png.

It may be you are just dissatisfied with the game and I respect that.

7. LOOMfreek

LOOMfreek Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Dungeon Plunder
    Blazing Souls Accelate
    Sonic Dash