TA Forums Game of the Week! (Mar 6th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Mar 8, 2013.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of March 6th?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2013.
  1. Outland Games

4.3%
  2. Dungeon Plunder

41.9%
  3. Block Fortress

30.1%
  4. LIBERATION MAIDEN

8.6%
  5. Jones On Fire

3.2%
  6. METAL SLUG X

4.3%
  7. Sonic Dash

1.1%
  8. Temple Run: Oz

2.2%
  9. Cling!

3.2%
  10. Blazing Souls Accelate

1.1%
  1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Interesting how Outland Games got the most nominations but is doing so poorly in the voting.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    It has a quick burn, intensely good for awhile but then just gets very familiar.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... TROz looks too bare with only 2 votes, but i stand firm on my choice. It's the same TR game, but a bit more. Having too much fun with it. Unfortunately, i was never able to play Dungeon Plunder (bought it because of all the positiveness in its thread) because everytime i think i should load other games, i instead tap on either Phoenix HD or Danmaku Unlimited 2 icons and forget about everything else.

To be honest, other than "testing" my purchases, from those titles i was only able to put time into Liberation Maiden, Outland Games, Sonic Dash and TROz. Bought Metal Slug, Cling, Blazing Souls and Dungeon Plunder but they havent been fired up yet... not once. :p

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Grabbed Dungeon Plunder after checking the poll xP.

5. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Anyone know a free game similar to dungeon plunder so I can see if I like the genre?

6. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Dungeon Raid might be considered vaguely similar, and it has a lite version. Dungeon Story is also free now, although I don't think it's as good.

7. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Dungeon Plunder has a pretty novel design so it's hard to recommend a similar app. There are some gameplay videos on the forum and YouTube. If you enjoy roguelikes (like 100 Rogues, Sword of Fargoal, Cardinal Quest, Legends of Yore, etc) then you'll likely enjoy it. The combat is handled through a slot machine mechanism that plays similar to dice. You randomly get 5 images that you try to match in pairs holding as many after the initial spin then allowing one respin. I think it's a safe blind buy.

8. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    #68 J2o, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    Sonic Dash gets no love, i see. But the Block Fortress gets my vote for having a quite innovative gameplay especially for a game with a mix of genres. Dungeon Plunder and Sonic Dash..their style of gameplay are too common but Block Fortress isn't so it deserves much more than that. Too bad.

In the end, it is always the most familiar gameplay that is more appealing to the gamers. Even I did end up playing Sonic Dash more than Block Fortress, because it's only good for when i need to play for a short time. Tough break for Block Fortress and Sonic Dash as well.

9. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Voted for Block Fortress. The amount of dedication Foursaken has to making video games is enough to warrant a vote from me.

10. Been so busy enjoying and buying icade games to really take a look at any games this week. Also deleting games and reuploading older icade titles has taken substantial time this week as well as probably next week. Man, my icade core is so fun, enjoy it almost as much as hdmi tv. It really is awesome.

Used my money this week to buy the following icade games like Air Attack HD, Frogger Decades, League of Evil 2, Terra Noctis, and istriker 2. Also beta testing Delta-V which has icade support. Attached is a screenshot of my icade core playing Air Attack HD.

Deep down inside from watching youtube and reading reviews and TA threads, I am sure I would like Liberation Maiden. In second would be Metal slug x because of its icade support. So I choose to vote for Liberation Nation.

Attached Files:

11. TheJohnnyASDF

TheJohnnyASDF Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Philippines
    Voted for Block Fortress.

12. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It looks like Dungeon Plunder pulled it off; Dungeon Plunder is a great game so it's good to see it getting the credit it deserves although I am surprised to see it "dethrone" the typically popular Foursaken Media (Block Fortress).

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The only reason that ugly thing won is because everyone is too busy playing Block Fortress to vote :cool:

14. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Lol, true! :p

15. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Come on; give credit where it's due... Dungeon Plunder is a gem.

16. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    +1 this for days.

17. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Wait, we had a vote and now the people who were outvoted are sore losers? How could that be? That kind of thing never happens in America.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Welcome to tha internets.

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
  20. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I didn't got round to voting this week, I was too busy playing Dungeon Plunder. It's a well deserved win for that game!

The most fun I've had in a long time in a Rogue like game.