TA Forums Game of the Week! (Mar 27th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Mar 30, 2013.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of March 27th?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2013.
  1. Nimble Quest

28.8%
  2. Ms Splosion Man

16.8%
  3. Star Warfare: Black Dawn

16.0%
  4. Battle Dungeons: Risen

8.0%
  5. Final Fantasy V

8.0%
  6. Tiny Troopers 2: Special Ops

0.8%
  7. Fester Mudd

7.2%
  8. Magicka

7.2%
  9. Rico

3.2%
  10. Annihilate

4.0%
  1. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    I voted for magicka..Its my favorite game last week..I just love a dynamics of the spell casting and the combos you can do with them...

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Well... Since Black Dawn was pulled, looks like ill need to figure out where my vote goes now ...

I don't think this has ever happened, but if a game gets pulled during the voting period, should it be removed from the poll?

3. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I think it should be removed from the poll, what's the point of voting for a game that is not in the app store!!!!

4. Anyone know why it was pulled?

5. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    My guess 2K had something to do with it but here is what the developer said

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Star warfare for me. Been playing this a lot

A great week though what with Ms Xplosion and Rex

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The threads for game of the week though. Last weeks releases

Not game of the week which hasn't been pulled?! Been playing star warfare more than any other game last week so it gets my vote

8. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    So sad as SW: Black Dawn was going to be my pick. I also agree that it should be pulled from the list since it's no longer available and sounds like it's either going to have to be substantial changed or is not coming back period.

9. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    My point is that many people including me buy games based on GOTW threads if I don't already have them for example from last GOTW thread I bought Nameless: the Hackers RPG and Plasma Sky because many people praised them and voted for them however the situation is different here star warfare is a good game and has the potential to win GOTW or to be in the top 3 but again what's the point of it when it's already got pulled from the app store ? people wont be able to buy it anyway.

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #70 awp69, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    Going to be a tough choice for me. I also was going to pick Star Warfare. Great game, but I'm not even sure who I should be mad at for it getting pulled.

I like Nimble Quest, Tiny Troopers 2 and Battle Dungeon: Risen. Honestly, I would vote for Magicka if I had played it on iOS.

This really has been one if the best release weeks of the year so far IMO.

Maybe I'll skip the poll and say I "voted" for the Repulze update. It's outstanding.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I'd prolly do this since SW: Black Dawn was pulled, but there's still Ms Splosion Man that'll take the cake.

12. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Went for BD: R, as I would hate to see it fall below third place.

13. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Since Fairune didn't make it to the poll (*sigh*), I'm going with Fester Mudd.

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    With Star Warfare: Black Dawn temporarily pulled does that disqualify it or is it still a valid option this week? Is there a precedent for this? If not seen as a complete release due to short avaliability span would it be eligible for GOTW on re-release?

It's going to be a tough call between Final Fantasy V, Sw: Black Dawn, or Battle Dungeons: Risen but leaning towards BD: Risen so far.

15. #75 Connector, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
    I'm going to vote for Annihilate cause I like dual sticks and shmups. Normally would probably vote for Ms. Splosion, but it is very big without icloud, so will wait for a sale probably wait for a sale someday cause I am really short of disk space for all my joystick games, especially the Gameloft ones.

Attached Files:

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looking at the titles that made it to the poll, made me die inside a little noticing there isnt any runner games up there last week.

17. Vector

Vector Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    California
    Star Warfare!!

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Star Warfare stays. I'm sure by now anyone who had wanted to purchase it would've purchased it (meaning members) and as such have played and enjoyed it enough to make a decision as reasonable as any other week.

We shall see where the future takes it (most likely it will be ineligible for any future polls) but for this week I don't think it should be excluded.

So, it stays.

19. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Well if the thread keeper says it stays, then it's time to vote. :)

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's a tie? Hahaha! Awesome games at a tie! Thhose who dint get Black Dawn before it was pulled can cry for now :D