TA Forums Game of the Week! (Mar 20th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Mar 22, 2013.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of March 20th?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2013.
  1. Indiana Stone: The Brave and the Boulder

17.5%
  2. Plasma-Sky

28.8%
  3. Unmechanical

8.8%
  4. Goatup 2

6.3%
  5. Chopper Mike

3.8%
  6. Nameless: the Hackers RPG

13.8%
  7. Fetch™

11.3%
  8. Star Wars Pinball

2.5%
  9. Brogue

7.5%
  1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Indiana Stone is what I want for every runner to be like: Different modes including story mode and endless, no IAP, personality, a good sense of humor and an overall premium model. Kudos to TwinSky for developing such an amazing game, feels like the good pre-IAP days again with this one.

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Really difficult this time !
    Both made it into my Hall of Fame, but since i like runners a bit
    more, it's I.Stone for me.

3. Doctor_G

Doctor_G Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Singapore
    Chopper Mike for me. I like that they're doing something different with the gameplay!

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Damnit...

After getting over the crash in Nameless, it's hard to overlook the pure enjoyment I had while playing through the game...

With Nameless, Unmechanical, Indiana Stone, Plasma Sky and Goat Up 2 (which I haven't played yet... But know I'm gonna enjoy it)... This is one of the hardest GOTW decisions I've had in a while...

Gonna play through Unmechanical again... Install Goat Up, and try to complete the rest of the challenges in Indiana Stone... Damn what a hard decision...

Good thing Zip and Rico weren't included this week... I might have just not voted for fear of feeling like I was doing all the other games I didn't vote for completely wrong...

Oh the guilt!!

5. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I have one issue with Plasma Sky, after reaching level 70 without dying which took me a while to do so I minimized the game to take a brake and left the game in the multitask bar without closing it after 2-3 hours opened the game again and it started from the beginning :mad: and I lost my progress :(

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Something similar happened to me, but i was only at around lv40-ish when that happened.

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's a really hard choice this week between Unmechanical and Indiana Stone, but my love for runners swayed me to pick IStone as my GotW. Unmechanical was a really good journey, but the ending kinda left me wanting more, when we know there isnt much of a sequel or an expansion to expect for now.

IStone is something i really enjoyed from the moment i started the app. Great game, and had a great time.

Both games are still top notch, but im thinking IStone's currently one of the best runner games for me.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Leaning towards Indiana Stone, but Plasma Sky is still fighting the good fight in that brain of mine. They're neck and neck so maybe I should wait until the very last moment and if there's still just one vote sepating them, I can force a tie. :)

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Plasma Sky is a blast to play, but i got it quite late (thanks SV!), and there wasnt much time to really get into the game and see how much it would fit into my GotW picks.

10. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

1.Indiana Stone: The Brave and the Boulder
    2.Unmechanical
    3.Fetch™

11. Guess my two week icade core hiatus has come to kind of a close, even though I still spend about 95% of my time playing icade core joystick games and 50% hdmi tv games.

But got two games this week, Plasma Sky and Nameless, looked at the other games, but really hope Plasma Sky gets icade support. The developer actually bought an icade core joystick after one of my last posts, and said he will try if it isn't too hard. Woohoo!

Anyway, since he got an icade core joystick, and I like shmups, I will vote for Plasma Sky, and hope it can catch up and win! Hopefully this will be a screenshot of the future... (Plasma Sky)

Attached Files:

12. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Went for Fetch, game could have had a bit more puzzle content but talent and production values are a win. Wouldn't hesitate to buy a sequel or something else by the same team.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Fetch had great production values, but the gameplay lacks a bit because of easy puzzle solutions. That's where it fell behind Unmechanical as both have high production values and great atmosphere.

14. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #74 september, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    I bought Unmechanical too, it's a good game but I chose Fetch because I enjoyed it more. I do agree with its failings, but it would still be my personal preference for the week.

15. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    My game of the week was Video Poker by Happymagenta. Is it too late for it too be added to the poll?

I also really like Plasma Sky and Nameless, but, Video Poker is my personal GOTW.

16. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Bought Unmechanical due to the comments and I agree thats very clever, but on an iPhone 4 I believe its the worst looking game ever, so cant play it like this. Will do whenever I upgrade because I really want to.

17. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #77 ojtitus, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    I nominated Video Poker also but apparently(sadly) it didn't get enough nominations to make the list. Battle for Hill 218 my other nomination didn't make the list either but it is currently iPad only so I'm not too surprised there. It is kind of sad though since both games developers are active here on the forums.

18. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I voted for Plasma Sky. Happy to see it doing well in the poll. Surprise of the week for me. I notice that more and more my GOTWs are total surprises, that I only bought because of a friendly dev or another reason to support the game, while the games that I was looking forward to or that I was sure I'd like were disappointing. I guess there's a lesson in there somewhere :)

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ended up voting for Indiana Stone... What a great game...

20. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Of the list, I had to go with Plasma Sword. Such a fun and yet different shmup. It has somewhat of a Galaga feel to it without seeming to static.