TA Forums Game of the Week! (Mar 13th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Echoseven, Mar 15, 2013.

?

What is your Game of the Week for the week of March 13th?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2013.
  1. Ridiculous Fishing - A Tale of Redemption

37.0%
  2. Super Stickman Golf 2

11.0%
  3. NightSky

5.5%
  4. Le Vamp

0.8%
  5. PWN: Combat Hacking

12.6%
  6. Galactic Conflict RTS

3.1%
  7. Stargate SG-1: Unleashed Ep 1

1.6%
  8. Danger Boat

0.8%
  9. Slamjet Stadium

0.8%
  10. Twin Swords

26.8%
  1. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Huh, that hadn't occurred to me. I figured it was just the dev PM-ing (or otherwise contacting) other devs to ask to vote for them in a "if you help me out now I'll help you out when you need something" kind of way.

2. He just asked for votes on the Gamesalad dev forum - probably comes from there and a couple PMs.. who knows.

Didn't had much time to play it but I voted for Ridiculous Fishing.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    That's the sort of thing I had in mind. It's kinda legit, but there's also a chance they didn't play his game at all, so it doesn't help members who view this topic looking for popular games.

4. I sure hope so. I got a ton of people to go hdmi tv or appletv. Now got a lot of interest from some of the TA elders about the icade core joystick especially after new releases like Danmaku and others. Once a couple of these elders get one, I bet you alot of folks will get one, and this will cause more and more developers to make bluetooth joysticks. It is so much fun, and sexy!

At least I hope so. My icade core playing Blazing star.

Attached Files:

5. What is a Gamesalad dev forum? And can someone post a link, or is it developers only?

6. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    If twin swords gets dq from the vote
    1. Ridiculous fishing
    2. PWN
    3. SSG2 - thought this would do better....

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Gamesalad is a game-creation tool that requires little to no coding knowledge. I'm guessing it has its own forum.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #128 awp69, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    It would be a difficult task to try to separate those votes. I kinda think it's still a little shady. Sort of like posting on Twitter for people to come and vote for their game, which leads to new "members" voting and ratcheting up the counts woth people who've never been active on the forum. Those are easy to spot.

Here the devs may indeed be members if the forum, but of they didn't play the game that would be just as bad or worse. But don't see any way you could discount them.

No system will ever be perfect but I do hate to see anyone manipulating a fun little poll here.

9. Sneaky type .. covered his traces and deleted the thread "Twin Swords needs your help" after seeing me mentioning it - used to be here:
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/55167/twin-swords-by-pom-needs-your-help

Anyways Ridiculous Fishing will win so he failed.

10. p-o-m apps

p-o-m apps Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Haifa
    #130 p-o-m apps, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    p-o-m apps here
    Now that the competition is over I can reply in this thread.
    This very thread you mentioned was opened by a member called tenrdrmer
    And the second I spotted it I contacted the forums moderator to delete it because its a direct violation of this competition.
    It's absurd to say I opened the thread where I'm the one asked to delete it.
    This thread was deleted way before you even mentioned it here. Also this thread was opened AFTER the poll has already been closed. And last fact about this thread is that it was opened for precisely 9 minutes.
    So get your facts together, before you drop false accusations.

It's a shame that some of you guys are so unsoportive.

Congrats RF, well deserved!

Roy.

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Fight, fight, fight!

Hold on, so if the thread was created after this poll closed, what made all the devs turn up and vote?

Let it be known that I don't really care, but drama is fun.

12. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Im stocked it didnt get any votes too, even slewis didnt vote for it... So I just had to. Anyways, buy it is breeze of fresh air for enfless runners.